We have to sign Miller …

Signing him on a permanent basis seems more and more unlikely with everything I hear and read. So then it boils down to if we can keep him until the end of the season.

I hope so because if not we have to try and replace him with someone as good or better. Not impossible but with our track record I wouldn’t be all that hopeful. As mentioned numerous times by different posters earlier in the thread, the fact he is our only real option as a striker doesn’t help and is quite frankly just not good enough.

I still like him, he has something about him. He could still improve, he is at the age now though where he has to start to make those improvements if he is going to make it at a higher level.

1 Like

Not sure we would/could even make him an offer he would sign.

The loan for a season suits our cheapness and his ambition to play games to secure himself a deal for someone better. He hasn’t come here to earn a contract for Walsall let’s be honest. If he scores 15 goals here the slightest sniff of a transfer the clubs that pay will swoop.

That’s the system for you. Sad but true.

1 Like

Millers gone off the boil recently and maybe it’s because he wants a permanent deal.He said he’s never felt like he did when we sang his name against Mansfield and no other fans have been so nice towards him,so if he doesn’t score goals nobody else would be interested then as soon as he’s a Walsall player he starts banging them in again you watch :wink:(or it could be my warped mind)

2 Likes

What do people think now?

Much better chance of keeping him now he’s struggling to even finish his dinner. Just how we like it :joy:

1 Like

The guy works really hard for the team and by the end of the match today the Newport defenders were finding it difficult to keep up with him. He also has a difficult job being largely on his own up front but he clearly isn’t a prolific scorer.I would keep him and try and add another forward.

9 Likes

In all honestly I wouldn’t pay a fee for him, I’d have him on free transfer though but I’d want us to sign another striker as competition for him.

Sign him up. Look much better with him in the side than not

2 Likes

Miller does a lot of work up front on his own. I think he’d be better paired with another striker but I also think he’ll get the scoring habit back soon. Maybe lacking in a bit of confidence in front of goal but we saw his finishing capabilities in his first few games for us.

1 Like

Yeah, I can’t say I’m too worried about his finishing. He should have scored a header first half but other than that he didn’t have any easy chances.

I do think his work though put Newport’s defence at 6s and 7s towards the end and definitely contributed to our control of the game at the end. At one point he seemed to get the ball no matter how far forward it was lumped and which side of the pitch he happened to be on just through sheer effort.

1 Like

Yeah I think he’s never going to be a 20 goal a season striker, but if he can get 10-15 along with influencing our attacking play in the way he did today, then that’s fine by me.

Useful as a back up or alongside a target man, unfortunately MT doesn’t look like he wants to play any system than 1 up front.

If that is the case, then he surely must be looking to get another striker, and maybe a slightly different type to Miller, to help give him competition, rest as well as a plan B of sorts during games.

Assuming he has a plan b?

His plan B might simply be to keep the 4231 but change Miller to another / different type of striker which alters our style of play slightly.

True, but I’d be amazed if we sign a target man type striker.

You are probably right, but it doesn’t have to be a big, target man type striker (which I don’t think we’d get) just someone a bit different to Miller - just someone a bit taller would be good!!

Miller has to feed off scraps most games, and that probably leads to a lack of confidence and sharpness most games, hence recent goal return.

We need a better number 10 than Osadebe, and I wish that was Holden, but I really never think we’ll see him play again.

Miller works hard and did so again thank day. Going through a bad patch in front of goal, but hopefully that works in our favour. I would still look to sign him.

3 Likes

I’d still sign him. His poor form isn’t looking good for him but he is still a lot better than Gordon and lavery. Play a proper number 10 behind him who’s actually a decent footballer and wilko and khan on the wing and miller will get more chances and will start taking more imo. For the most part service to him has been shocking

3 Likes