We have to sign Miller …

This current board are just as likely to appoint Arthur Askey as they are a bloke with years of football experience. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Like you and @RedandWhite have said and I agree with regarding someone up top with him we would probably see a different beast with George.He is clearly good at running onto long balls and finishing as seen against yesterday’s opponents in the reverse fixture but it’s as plain as the nose on all our faces that teams clicked onto that straight away.Visiting scouts would have seen it and word gets around and that got nullified immediately.If we went 2 up top and signed a player similar to what you’ve mentioned obviously he’s worth a shot at keeping if not the poor lads going to be running his knackers off every week with very little reward that can’t last it will effect him and it will effect our goals return.

Spot on! They can also see Ward is too slow. They can also see the p*ss on the floor & the burnt sausage rolls. I’ve said for a while, they don’t care, but the difference is, it’s no longer hidden & is in plain sight.

We need wholesale change.

2 Likes

Back on topic. We need 2 more strikers, a partner for Miller and impact from the bench. End of.

1 Like

Hardly on topic!

1 Like

:joy: :joy: lol

Fair play to those calling for George to play as part of a 2. You may have been onto something.

6 Likes

Lad will score goals at this level, sign him!

It was clear to see how isolated he was up front. It’s no fluke that he has scored 2 in the last 3 under Flynn with Wilkinson up with him.

1 Like

3 in last 3

2 Likes

Yes, he looks so much better with somebody near him. I hoped it would help him and improve the team and I think it has, although there has been a general improvement from players and a much better attitude, so the two up front isn’t the only thing that has made us improve.

1 Like

Definitely worth signing in the summer as long as he is not looking for the same wages he willl have been on at Barnsley.

1 Like

I wonder if ending the season with 15 or 16 goals or thereabouts will alert other L2 clubs, and maybe even one or two in L1, that he is worth a bid. Hard-working even when things aren’t going well, and can notch a few, so I can see him being of interest.

This is the problem. He is with us now and this leads to a mindset of thinking we should be favourites to get him. As soon as the season finishes he is free for anyone to try and sign. I am sure there will be a number of clubs that will be taking an interest. Personally, I don’t think we will get him.

Had we not run him into the ground for months playing him up front on his own playing a game of chase the ball, I think he could have got 20 goals for us this season. I know Fullarton said there are plenty more George Miller’s out there, but I’m not sure there are. Every club wants a 15-20 goals a season striker.

4 Likes

I’d push to boat to get him. He’d have 20 easy if not for miss management. He will be close to 20 by seasons end this year
I’d rather 1 miller than 3 Gordon’s

2 Likes

Yeah he is prime candidate for a richer club at this level to chuck him an extra grand a week than we would offer.

Yep. It doesn’t even have to be a grand does it? I mean location must be taken into account to some extent but earning the kind of money players at this level are earning a couple of hundred quid extra + bigger bonuses etc is a significant difference.

Cough…Salford :wink:

1 Like

No a few hundred a week adds up nicely over a contract.

Wouldn’t be surprised if we got him as he’s already done the move to a higher level and it not worked out. Depends if someone offers him way more than we can afford. still only 23 so another season hitting 15-20 goals here and he could probably get a decent move come January/end of next season or he can take a risk starting afresh at another club at this level. Don’t think he’s quite ready for a move higher yet.