Wes McDonald in League One

Genuinely shocked I thought national league beckoned

Good agent

1 Like

Morecambe have a very poor budget thats probably why they are signing players like wes can see them finishing rock bottom next season punching way above there weight now.

1 Like

There was a time in the not too far distant past that he was our only attacking threat and the only player capable of taking people on and beating them.

That said a lot about the club at that time and hopefully we are heading away from that depressing period of time in a positive direction now.

3 Likes

Fully agree with that. He was the bright spark and the only real source of creativity we had for most of his first season here. Seemed to kick on just before lockdown when we had that good run.

I think heā€™s one of those players that goes through the motions until itā€™s renewal time, then turns it on again. Fortunately he wasnā€™t really given the chance in the latter part of the season to con us into offering another deal. Shocked that heā€™s signed for two years

1 Like

It is a peculiar signing for them.

It must mean that their new manager is looking to change up the methodology that got them promoted unless Wes will ultimately be akin to Oztumer in a Parkinson team.

Either way - a bit of a head scratcher

Guessing heā€™s being paid lower league 2 wages, so probably a good deal for both parties.

A really dissapointing endeavour.

I really thought he would turn out to be a classy player for us but it turns out he only turns it on when there is a camera on him or a contract to be signed.

He had the potential to unplayable at times but he ended up tricking himself half the time. And his final ball is laughable.

2 Likes

Yes, that is the disappointment. As with many players, a move may be the making for him. Over the last few months of the season, either he could not be bothered or he was unsure what to do in the context of the way the team was playing. Possibly the two go together.

1 Like

Agree with what has been stated already. Didnā€™t deserve a new contract, very disappointing last season.

More surprised he has signed a two year deal rather than league status.

If his attitude was right heā€™d be a very good player in league 2 definitely got the Jason Brissetts about him shame really cuz when heā€™s on it heā€™s a very exciting player to watch.