WFC Player of the Season 20/21

You were right though mate can’t deny that.

1 Like

I remember Robbie Savage a few years ago being interviewed after a Welsh International game he was asked what the gameplan was. He said the gaffer told him the gameplan before the game which was “you win the ball and give it to Giggsy”
All Kinsella needs is a Giggsy to give it to.

2 Likes

Well done Kinsella throughly deserved 100% commitment and loyalty. Gives is all every game.

Well done Perry excellent start to your career some superb performances will no doubt go on and make a name for himself further up the leagues.

In what has been an awful season, its been a massive positive seeing our academy players coming through the ranks and long may it continue.

3 Likes

Agree

Probably contributed the most to our survival

Hoping for mid table then?

I think, this is exactly the problem.

Kinsella is never high enough, or on the front foot enough to give the ball to a “Giggsy” or A winger/wide forward. That’s the issue.

Just watch him next game - I reckon 75% of his passes are backwards or sidewards to the fullback. I’m not even kidding.

I’d have said that right up until the Scunthorpe win but these last couple of games he has got beyond the forwards a couple of times with Perry being the sitter. He hasn’t done anything of note from those more advanced positions but he has go forward.

I think that’s the problem. He’s not that player - and never will be.

Perry is already a better holding player as 1 of the 2 - Kins just isn’t good enough to play that more advanced role. Never in a million years.

1 Like

Congrats to winners. Maybe not exactly my choice, but prize is a prize.

Nope for all the reasons I’ve outlined :+1:

We get it, you think the best player in our team this season is the problem :man_shrugging:

You’re mixing up central midfielder with holding midfielder … again.

Kinsella and Perry make quite a good combination. Perry has the brains, the technical ability and the size. Kinsella has the bite, the engine and will put himself in-front of everything. Makes the Kinsella/Bates partnership look even worse.

No I’m not, you don’t understand the game sadly.

Kinsella needs to be coached by a good manager, he certainly has something.

Yeah, he’s a right back. He’d excel there.

1 Like

He certainly would, just using him to break down play is just to one dimensional when we don’t have any real proven quality in there next to him.

Perry is still developing.

1 Like

P.s outside of Adebayo, he was easily our best player last season mind.

Yes, you are. I’d have thought you’d have got bored of telling me this only for what I’m saying to be proven right but hey ho.

Yes. Finishing in our lowest ever league position, with terrible Expected Goals, Goals scored etc… what must I be thinking suggesting the midfield isn’t functioning as it should :scream:

Who said it is? Perry has played, what, a handful of games in it?

How silly of me to suggest he could be the answer to the void of ball playing midfielders in the team and not the answer to the player of the season who plays a ball winning role :scream::scream:

Maybe the problem is I don’t have pie in the sky expectations that all 5 midfielders in a 4-2-3-1 will be there to create goals and score them. In fact, I’d say it’s pretty much vital you need a Kinsella in that system :man_shrugging:

1 Like