What did you do today instead of going to football?

I thought about taking my wife sea fishing, but then I found this Bogshed/Rising Damp video, so I just watched it about 35 times and by that time everything was ok, it was 5pm and time to go for a pint.

3 Likes

Went to Walsall Parkrun this morning and did the 5k there, then went to watch my mates son play for Walsall U13’s against Crewe this morning (Walsall won 6-5), and then went on to watch Stone Old Alleynians vs Wythenshawe Amateurs.

Stone won 2-1 with two injury time goals with Wythenshawe having a man sent off on 90 mins too.

Now I’m back home watching some F1 documentary on Netflix, about to order some food.

So to summarise, I still found some football!

4 Likes

I sat in front of my laptop all day looking for something to bet on lol, reading stories of flights being turned around and wondering if we will still get to go on our may holiday to Tenerife?, talking to friends on a forum that live there and how it is affecting them.

2 Likes

Apart from time on here I tried to get some gardening done. A low risk coronavirus day!

3 Likes

Wife was at work all day .so I went and brought some tennis rackets and took 3 of my kids out to learn the art of the game . Had to do something to pass the boredom of no football. Crazy was all set to go to Macclesfield up until Friday lunchtime :joy:. Different and had a great time though.

2 Likes

Did you watch Ant and Deck tonight? it was in Hull and they delivered a takeaway from papa’s to someone with a place on the plane as well, she looked totally underwhelmed when Fleur turned up at the door :joy:

I went and played golf this morning (didn’t do too bad!) ,then ventured to Aldi to witness pandemonium and empty shelves devoid of bread, milk, meat, big rolls, fresh fruit (it was weird) then went to Tesco express which was more normal to buy some chicken to do fajitas for the girls tea. Spoke to family on phone ( 75% of conversation about coronavirus related topics) then been watching the box with a beer. Will sleep well tonight!!

1 Like

That’s what we say about the kids when we have taken them out for the day :joy:

Sadly no.
They were filming a pilot for a C4 comedy over the road from us a few weeks ago, though Ant & Dec weren’t in it!

1 Like

Played golf (badly) this morning then played guitar this afternoon when I would normally have been watching the game .

1 Like

I tried to play tennis once on holiday in Cyprus, bloody hell i didn’t realise how hard it is :smiley:

1 Like

Worst part was as you can imagine 3 kids under 11 who had never played before could have done with 100 balls and only brought a few. Like I say a good day though and kids loved it and want to go again. Which can only be a good thing really.
The corona silver lining ahh :grinning:

4 Likes

There is nothing like family time, we have never had kids but my wife’s sister had 5, 4 lads and a girl, so we have helped bring them up, and all the lads played football to a decent standard, Brownhills colts to the county and trials with both Walsall and Wolves, but my brother in law and sister in law couldn’t go and support them all at the same time so we got the eldest to look after on match days, our Neil (reevo) he is the goalkeeping coach, and we have had some great times over the years.

3 Likes

I’m due to go to Tenerife at Easter it’s looking dodgy now

1 Like

It is mate :frowning_face: but if you do get to go let me know and i will give you some tips on where to eat and drink :+1:

Cheers mate.

1 Like

Already had train tickets to Macclesfield so made the trip up. Really enjoyed it. Got back about 10 minutes ago.

6 Likes

Last time I played tennis I had a swig from a can at change of ends and found I had 2 wasps inside my mouth. Talk about a shock. My mouth froze like being at the dentist. But for that I would doubtless have gone on to have a glittering career!

3 Likes

Yeah exactly that mate we are a very football orientated family .
What with the saddlers being called off and my sons and daughters games being called off Sunday , I was like wow and I admit I was a bit low ( which is sad I know) . But it is an opportunity to do different things as much as it is frustrating just as we were starting to see some decent football.

3 Likes

Spent the morning chasing Jet2 for a refund for my holiday to the Canary Islands in 10 days time, then spent the afternoon looking after my two year old lad who has fully embraced the terrible twos.