What happened to the Rico Henry Money

When Brentford got promoted on 29th May 2021, Walsall received an additional payment of £3,000,000 from Brentford as part of the transfer deal. This is on top and in addition to the previous monies received. Now it has always been assumed/guessed that the we recieved just £1,000,000 from Brentford being promoted. This is not the case. As usual the Club said nothing and it was kept under wraps.

I have known for quite a while the true figure, but given the state and position we find ourselves in, and also given recent price increases in everything connected with Walsall Football Club, I think it was time the truth be made known. I know some out there wont believe me or ask for the name of the source, but if you dont believe me that is up to you, and clearly i cannot reveal the source. All I will say it is not a rumour, but someone with direct connection with the Club.

Due to the way the Accounts fall, and literally 12 months later, 31st May 2022, Trivela take over and Ben Boycott appears as a Director/co-Chairman. Now my question is what happened to that £3million. Was some part of the Bonser settlement and pay-off for the freehold? I dont know, but it has been bugging me for 12 months now, and since i was informed.

As i said, given the current state and position, my decision to release this information is only correct and the right thing to do in my mind. Some may have noticed my attitude and view towards the Board and Pomlett has changed over the past few months. Since being told this information, it has been one of the main factors to make me realise that we are all being taken for muppets.

Think what you will. Believe me or doubt me. Call me a liar if you wish. But i cannot sit back amy longer and watch us be taken for fools as fans. If nothing else, I hope it makes us all question even more what is going on behind closed doors.

6 Likes

Fully believe you mate, posted something about a year ago, although I was under the impression we’d got £1.5 million, as the deal was structured with clauses for apps, promotion, and international call up to the tune of £5million all told.

Think I got shot down a bit at the time.

1 Like

Ae you sure the 3 million isn’t all bonuses added together, some which we won’t have received, such as money for Henry getting an England call up etc?

Not going to call you a liar, but are you sure there isn’t an innocent mix up/wires crossed…

1 Like

Dont people think it strange that Richard Tisdale resigned his position given the fact that the Club was in the cusp of a brand new, exciting future? He didnt have a choice. Now everything that goes on in there, in the inner sanctums, is completely unquestioned by other Directors.

No. It was another payment of £3,000,000

I don’t think you are a liar but have to say I think the information your were given was wrong. We may have received £3 million in total from Brentford by then but the figure for promotion was £1 million as reported at the time of the transfer.The other payments were a figure (£1 million up front)plus £25,000 per game for the first 100 games. There was also £1 million for Henry getting picked for England which made the total around £5.5 million which was the figure quoted at the time of the transfer.

2 Likes

So you’re saying the bonus for reaching the Premier League was 3 million…?

This is absolutely true and I for one don’t believe anything in life unless I’m 100% sure and there’s no ounce of doubt.
The club has been in a dreadful state for along time now, coupled with some extremely questionable events at board level.
With the greatest respect Pomlett never did or never has had the funds to run a football club, he’s literally just been paid very well to front up Bonsers exit, hence why the likes of Mole and Gamble stayed, anyone with any sort of business head would be fully aware that this would not be the case if a new owner was seriously taking over.
It’s also extremely questionable why certain long standing directors been paid off, taking much needed funds out of the club.
The whole lot stinks, and as mentioned the supporters are being taken for an absolute ride.

2 Likes

Yes. I questioned the figure as well, but was promptly corrected. It has bugged me for many months now. Fair play to whoever negotiated the deal for Walsall, but that fact remains that they have so far done very well out of the deal and better than everyone would have known.

1 Like

I will put that with other true stories Doug Ellis is buying Walsall FC , The upper tier will be shut permanantly for health & safety reasons like at Birmingham City oh and Bonser wont sell up until Troy Deeney is sold by Watford cos he wants to pocket the sell on cash

Has this 3 million appeared in the accounts that have to be published every year ?

I couldn’t agree more. It has taken me a long time to see and believe what is going on there. I have defended and doubted what has gone on there for a long time. No longer. I love that Club, our Club, and always will.

1 Like

I have no idea either way, but no matter how obtuse your accounting maybe surely it’s difficult to hide 3 million for a league 2 football club.

2 Likes

I’ve no idea on exactly what we were paid by Brentford but I’ve never had any real trust in Pomlett who represented Bonser’s land agent imo. He’s drawn a nice income from what I’ve seen by simply not being Bonser.

7 Likes

And that’s exactly what they want, supporters that don’t ask any questions and happily plod on with the same old rubbish thats fed.
Everyone thought Barry Blower was in it for the love of thd club when we left fellows Park, along with the others that made a fortune back then.
Maybe you should pop into the 1888 lounge on a match day, you will quickly realise what the opinion of the genuine supporters are.

2 Likes

Ask yourselves another question, there are so many genuine walsall supporters who know first hand what the real supporter wants from a match day experience etc etc., and many of these would be an excellent asset to the club.
So the question is, and I think it’s an acceptable one, why would you choose someone who has personally worked in a professional capacity with the current and past board and owners, rather than an independent genuine supporter of the club, who really does have the club at heart.

3 Likes

Would it have anything to do with it being a closed shop, and they dont want anyone to rock their precious little boat. If they had a true, independent supporter in that role he would see too much and ask too many difficult questions

4 Likes

How have they managed to hide 3 million in the accounts if this is true?

3 Likes

Well the turnover increased to £6.35miilion, up £2million from previous year, and i appreciate this is partly due to covid. But the costs shot up to £7.15miion, up 2.5million. Is this reflecting some of the money that may have been paid to Bonser as part if the sale and the Rico.Hemry money? Just depends when it is recoeded in thr accounts.

The Brentford payment could have been made in 2 halves. Some premier league clubs argue they can only pay transfers when they receive their premier league payments. Either way it all stinks

2 Likes

Hiding 3 million in annual turnover of 5/6 million is some doing i may need use Gamble to do my accounts if this is the case.

4 Likes