What I spent my cash on

Same here. Usually in the town before getting to the ground just before kickoff.

Although Boxing Day we decided to have our last pre-game pint in the ground and turned up at 2:15 to find all the turnstiles closed and we had to wait to be let in!

We usually have a half time pint but it’s a lottery on what’s going to be available and if it’s even going to be a decent pint. Over the last 5 seasons we’ve had 2-3 bad pints each every season, sometimes completely undrinkable and had to be taken back. The ale is almost always chilled to ■■■■ as well. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Well I am not musical so violins are out. Look I was one of the first to agree with your first post on the ticketing issue. Until you posted that I hadn’t realised the ridiculous nature of our ticketing policy on match days.I and my family have “early bird” tickets so I wasn’t aware of the policies . You are right in your criticism and I support you in trying to change it but I do still get enjoyment from going…more from meeting friends than the football although this season there have been some good games.
You can be sure that if we have a fans focus meeting I will be putting the case for change. Anyway I must book my violin lessons…

3 Likes

A box of ‘eat me’ dates
7 cans of Milk Stout
A fridge magnet in shape of John Lennon
a small bag of KP dry roasted nuts
A sports cap with the phrase ‘Manila Rocks’
A 000 sable paintbrush
A jaunty neckerchief

2 Likes

Fair enough @WalsallOne. If you recall on the old site we used to be two very positive posters - I was in a minority with you on some issues! However, the clubs failing in this area is very personal to me and I can’t forgive it. I find some aspects an absolute insult. I guess you have to have been directly affected by these issues for it to be enough to keep you away from the ground, though.

It was never about the performance on the pitch for me, it never has been. However I refuse to have the ■■■■ taken out of me by a bunch of suits. That’s honestly how I feel. If this was any other business it would be going down the tubes, they are preying on people’s love for a product and its disgusting. If Walsall FC was a supermarket where no human emotions came into the equation, they would be out of business in a year.

Make no mistake though, if the present malaise is allowed to continue for many more years, when supporters in your age bracket are finally unable to attend for whatever reason, I hate to think what state this club will be in.

3 Likes

I agree with most of that and yes we were generally in agreement on other issues. P.T. has written a very good post elsewhere on the ticketing issue with which I concur. Anyway as long as I can I will go and give my support to the team. I am just sorry that others have taken a different view.Perhaps things will change quicker than we think…

Do not blame fans for this mess. “It is you who will ruin our club by withdrawing your support”. What a load of rubbish.

Let’s make it simple. Walkers bring out a new recipe for their crisps. The crisps now taste like ■■■■. People stop buying them because the product has got worse. You are simply not getting the basic quality you expect for Walkers. Using your logic it’s the customers fault for not liking them? You’re loyal to Walkers so you kept buying them which is absolutely fine. Everyone else moves to Kettle crisps but we still want the original taste of Walkers back … that is where we are now.

Do not blame the fans who want change and are now willing to push for it.

(Basically I really miss the black BBQ WALKERS.)

11 Likes

I’m currently eating Walkers Pickled Onion. Are they new? I haven’t seen them before.

Perhaps it’s a sign. Perhaps BBQ are Bonser and Pickled Onion are the new, forward-looking new owner.

Or perhaps I need a lie down in a darkened room :blush:

2 Likes

There is nothing to ruin.

There was before he ruined it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Dirty bastard. Pickled Onion :nauseated_face:
Now if you had said the Brussel Sprout ones pre-Xmas :clap::clap::clap::clap:

Brussel Sprout crisps???

There is something seriously wrong with you, you savage.

1 Like

Anything other than monster munch, sea salt or salt & vinegar kettle chips and I just can’t trust the person eating them.

Seriously they are nice! I was initially put off by the green tint only to be pleasantly surprised.

1 Like

Monster munch (all flavours) and Nik Naks.

More addictive than crack.

Spicy Monster munch … a superb snack.

Walkers crisps are ridiculously expensive in HK. They’re cheaper in Birmingham, so I might be tempted to go there.

My thoughts are with you hkpete.

Who is blaming the fans? that was a response to FUNK who said because I continue to go to matches I will help ruin the club!!! I was replying in kind. His post has since been deleted!!! I don’t need lectures from anyone on customer care. As I have said in my posts above I was one of the first to give support to FUNK and if there is a Fans Focus meeting I will take the matter up. I would also refer you to my other posts including my support for the point P.T. has made elsewhere.

1 Like

My post hasn’t been deleted and I stand by it - for the reasons discussed on this thread.

I’m afraid you did also blame those that choose to stay away for ruining the club.

Well your post isn’t there and if you haven’t deleted it then I still take great exception to it.I am not a poster who wishes to continue pointless debates so I will just say we will have to agree to disagree.