What the club do well

A little bit of positivity in this dark world we are in at the moment

The club have been excellent with my son for his first match.
He really enjoyed the kids fan area playing Lego and with the footballs.
He had great interactions with the stewards who all high fives him and talked to him making him more excited, many aid them are lovely people and a great asset to the club.
One steward let us walk around the ground so I could show my son the stadium and pitch from different angles and the players warming up close ( we sit upper)
We also received a letter and goodies from the club which was a lovely touch

Also i got married at the club a few years back. The club let us on the pitch for photos, let us in the trophy room , got my wife agree drink as she watched me and dad get excited with the trophies :smiley:
the staff from bar to security to event organiser we’re lovely and joined in the banter and party atmosphere and made the event a really fun relaxed day

While this is away from the football side we shouldn’t forget that sometimes our club and its staff do some great things!

Have you any memories or stories of the club in a positive light away from the pitch?

25 Likes

I agree with you that in individual and one to one transactions they tend to be excellent. A couple of times a season I’ll want to sit in another stand and transferring me across is never an issue. They respond to emails promptly and positively.

I also think they’ve made a positive difference to the matchday this season. The skins look smart and the wee fanzone is also an enhancement.

7 Likes

Burn sausage rolls?

Two things spring to mind.

1. The gift they sent my lad, free, after he attended a match was a lovely touch.

2. Ruin my fukkin Saturdays.

1 Like

Super Saddler Jack Huskisson (97) can’t get out much these days, so the players come to him! In recent years he’s had visits from Josh Gordon and Liam Kinsella,here George Dobson paid him a visit. These visits made his day .

15 Likes

Brilliant post @Sephiroth92 nice to hear of the postitives from your matchday visits.

Love this! Why I still love the club

2 Likes

I use to suffer insomnia but watching walsall puts me to sleep in minites lol

They are absolutely spot on for paying the rental fee for using their own stadium after paying to build the feckin thing.

What else do they do well? Get under your skin or else none of us would give a toss expending time, money, and emotional investment on them.

Walsall FC, always like chasing that first hit.

See this thread for why some continue to have a go at UTS. Supposed to be a positive thread, I get people are joking but bloody hell, it does get tiring.

It does look like they have improved massively with how they interact with the next generation of fans, finally making them feel part of something.

Personally I think the Bescot Bar is a lot better than it used to be and service has definitely got quicker, the staff behind the bar are a good friendly bunch too.

14 Likes

I think what it is Dan we as Walsall fans are so used to having bad experiences , and having the piss taken out of us , people make sarcastic comments as a bit of a buffer to soften the continual lows of the club we support .
If we aren’t taking the piss out of ourselves our work mates certainly are every monday morning

4 Likes

Plenty of threads to be negative on, not this one.

5 Likes

Exactly we are depressed enough with our club.I for one welcome a thread with a bit of positivity without posters posting negativity. Plenty of topics on UTS for that.

1 Like

I think this is great news and hasn’t been covered as widely as it should. Good for the Club, the town and the community. Also heard from a friend who is a higher-up in the Council that this will include increasing the club’s presence in the town centre and across the borough, which is something we’ve been asking for for years.

Very encouraging that Trivela recognise the importance of bonding the club and the region.

7 Likes

Ticket office are bril.

7 Likes

At least you would have had plenty of room in there! Was there an echo? :smile:

We have a trophy room?!! Did you see any Japanese soldiers in there who didn’t know the war was over?

3 Likes

Well more of a small trophy cabinet with like the millennium trophy and the we won once trophy.
Still nice :slight_smile:

1 Like

Took my 5 year old son to his first game on Saturday, loved meeting Swifty and received a goody bag which he was really excited to have.

Stuff like this and free season tickets are just brilliant! don’t think the club could do any better on that front and deserve praise.

He’s already said to me that he can’t wait to go to every game with me! :relaxed:

6 Likes

The ticket office is much better now than it was for a long time, the service was rubbish for years. So that is something that has improved. Can’t think of anything else.