What would make you renew or buy a season ticket for 20/21 season?

I don’t see how that is possible though? Some people will pay come hell or high water so how does the club lose out financially by trying to attract more fans? Yeah they might offer a deal, but to write that off as the club losing out financially is pretty short sighted. The idea isn’t to hit a target it’s to increase attendances regularly.

You’ve made the perfect example of it yourself. Some fans will go regardless. I am one of those and as I said here:

but like it or not (although I believe it is literally impossible to be both a glory hunter and a Walsall fan on any level) we need to attract some of those fans and turn them into that kind of supporter, and yes that includes offering deals.

What I will say is, it’s no good offering those deals while the match day experience (including the football) is ■■■■■. That’s not glory hunting it’s just basic common sense.

Maybe the club could sell 10,15 or 20 game season tickets,that could be used for any 10,15 or 20 games during a season.Or even a 5 game one,that you could buy someone for a Christmas or birthday present .

15 Likes

Bradford offer a flexi card option for £50 which allows £10 entry to any game of your choice. I think this is something worth exploring further.

6 Likes

Kelly Brook offering favours in the Homeserve and more importantly the holy grail of most Walsall fans, the staple diet of Walsall…chips

Surely the management could build a enclosed fenced off area accessed from the stadium and have the green chip van that does its tours parked in there match days 12:00-17:30 on a profit share basis. Also use it as an external smoking area

I wont be attending any more games for a while.

The Newport game was so poor it has put me off football for a long while.

brill idea

I like that idea be ideal for me as i cannot commit to a full one these days usually 10 12 ish home games a season now.

Another good idea that.

1 Like

Fixed that for ya

3 Likes

Works both ways…:joy:

Couple of swingers?

1 Like

The key to getting more numbers on the gate is appealing to families. When things are going good and the Football is exciting I attend as a family of 4, however over the last few seasons it has just been me on my tod.

1 Like

Seeing as we copy ideas after other clubs are truly innovative with them first, expect that for 2025/26.

I’ll renew out of convenience and as a means of spending schedule time with some of my nearest and dearest. But seeing as I’ll miss 3 or 4 games through holidays/weddings/hoofballitis coupled with the inevitable £5 and £10 game initiatives. I could just pick and choose if I could be arsed and not be any worse off. Other than all the hassle of actually buying tickets.

I welcome this initiative but it has zero affect on my renewal decision. And I won’t be holding my breath for any Partridge Mode cash back Partridge Mode

Like I’ve said before, current season ticket holders aren’t the target. They should be focusing on football fans sick of not getting to go to games at 3pm on a Saturday. You don’t have to be a fan to come and support us, if that makes sense. We need to be cheap and, more importantly, cheerful.

I’ve said that I’m not renewing but I said that last year and gave in just the day before the take over. To me it is the atmosphere and also the quality of the football. I don’t go to meet friends so don’t have that incentive. I turn up with my son about 2.55, watch the match and go home. I now find that I am bored, cold and waiting for the match to finish so I can go home. I have enjoyed the odd away match I have been to better, due to the atmosphere mainly. I also feel that nothing much has changed and there isn’t really much hope of change anytime soon which makes me wonder why bother.

4 Likes

I have been season ticket holder for many years.
I have lived in South West London for 30 years, and drive up to virtually all home games. This is a 260 mile round trip that takes me away from family etc. for 8 hours every other Saturday.This is my choice, of course, but I have to say that the last few years have seen my hard core levels of enthusiasm start to wane.
I shall renew my season ticket for one main reason; 2021 will be the 50th anniversary of my first ever Saddlers game, (April 10th 1971 versus Bury i. We won 3-0. I was hooked).
All I have ever asked of my team is that we try to play entertaining football, and do our best within our limitations. The last few years, I have queried whether this has been the case.
I hope for improvement next season. If I can see the green shoots of ambition and hope for the future, then that is all I ask for. Let’s see…

23 Likes

Good heavens, I complain about driving a few miles and a long walk across the retail park.
I have to admire your commitment after taking everything into consideration.

But to be honest there have been a few games this season where the £1 ticket would of been over priced in relation to the entertainment value … :joy:

1 Like

Same reasons I always do, blind loyalty in the hope that continued support - even in ■■■■ times- will aid any future we may have plus the good people I stand by.

What is occurring on the pitch and the current match day experience etc have zero impact on my decision. I’d not attend if it were down to what the club currently serve up.

1 Like

The half time “entertainment” is complete arsewater. If they can’t do better than that they should give up.
In the Sumo days it was good fun, now it is pathetic.

5 Likes

Two things for me. Firstly safe standing in the lower.
I’m 52 but went with my 2 kids ( 12 and 15 ) along with my nephews( 17 and 15 ) to Salford away on the terrace and they loved it. Most of the discussion on the way home was why we we couldn’t have this at home.
Secondly open the Saddlers club up again and have local young bands playing and building a bit of pre match atmosphere.

Win, lose or draw it’s all about having a good day out with friends and family.
Something which had been severely lacking in recent seasons.
Sadly I don’t think either of the above are very likely at the Bescot. Turn up. Sit down in a sterile atmosphere and go home. Great!

2 Likes