Where are the game changers that Leigh promised?

Plenty of time:….

1 Like

That little bit of fake news from pomfrit and the take over generated how many extra season tickets I wonder

1 Like

Back off! :wink:

1 Like

You may expect it to be a given, but all too often it isn’t. And i think Clarke is quite exceptional. To have played so many games in the last two seasons at his age speaks of a tremendous character.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Because it opens the door for other old pensioner footballers to come back to the game :laughing:

2 Likes

Considering the team we had last season, signing a centre back who played every minute of every game for his team last season, was that teams player of the season and was in the league 2 team of the season, I would say that he was a game changer.

3 Likes

Desperate stuff :joy:

Clarke is a good solid signing but Is he more of a game changer than Daniels or Monthe?

My idea of a game changer would be a creative midfielder or proven striker, dropping down a league to come here.

6 Likes

Not like you to be so negative and critical.

They’ve signed for Mansfield and Northampton :laughing:

1 Like

Yeah that’s who LP meant given Clarke is vastly experienced.

That said he played every game for team who in the end didn’t make top 7…while Monthe did for Tranmere a few years back who got promoted so shows no good signing good CBs if the attacking options are terrible.

I actually think best signing this summer so far is getting Daniels on two year deal. Very impressed by how well he did and wouldn’t have issue with him being captain.

Like Norwood

3 Likes

He never said what game he was changing. Perhaps we have signed a really good Sudoku whiz for the ticket office.

1 Like

Perhaps theyve signed someone who can cook a sausage roll properly? Game changed!!

2 Likes

More chance of us signing Norwood & Telford

1 Like

Think I posted it on the Clarke thread that I think he is the ‘game changer’ in Pomfrite’s way of looking at things

In my eyes, a game changer is someone like Roger Boli, Jeff Peron, Paul Merson, Vinny Samways etc…not a 40-year old defender!!

5 Likes

Bonlettcott Out

1 Like

Game changers, we’ve had lots over years, not many last few years. Willy Naughton, Mark Rees, Flo, Junior

When he said a game changer, he was referring to the fact that we will now be known as

" The Walsall Town Lacross Club" :wink: