Where are the goals coming from?

When Johnson leaves in January we go to one player who scored a fluke.
No one else has scored In The league yet
We will end up in a relegation scrap again
Who gonna get the goals to grind us to Atleast safety?

1 Like

Whoever we happen to be playing by the looks of it.

1 Like

Troll.

1 Like

Same old same old I’m afraid.

If Johnson dosen’t score no one else is. Plenty of attackers in the squad but Williams isn’t really offering much goal threat and rest are just inexperienced kids at this level.

Season slowly morphing into Clarke’s first when there was real optimism at the start that lasted under end of August when the defeats started and there just wasn’t enough goals in team to win games.

Today is a really poor result if you want to even be serious about finishing 12th. Leading 1-0 at home to newly promoted team and losing, just not good enough.

2 Likes

Williams was a poor signing

1 Like

Why would a player possibly leaving in January mean the only other goalscorer we’ve had was on the opening day?

There is 20 games left until that point :smiley:

1 Like

Wilkinson and the new bloke

Knowles will start hitting the net on a regular basis as soon as he finds some composure in front of goal. And of course Wilkinson,and Johnson if we can afford him.

8 Likes

Not sure Wilkinson will hit the ground running when hes fit and back in the side , hopefully he will be and would be good if he and DJ could form a new partnership here together .
Knowles looks keen and green and i’m sure if he could net a goal he will push on , hopefully that will happen too , and sooner rather than later .

2 Likes

Agree on Wilkinson he needs to be afforded time to get up to speed, so if he comes back mid January it’ll take until mid February for him to feel like he hasn’t been away.

1 Like

I’m not exaggerating now am I. No goals in this team yet again

2 Likes

Absolutely pathetic. Here you go again. Branding people as Trolls for expressing an opinion. I find it boring

1 Like

We shall see . Quite a few games in how many goals have we scored if we take out johnson?
Oh my!!

:sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

1 Like

10 games in all comps, 4 gls not scored by Johnson.

Comley’s deflected shot v Hartlepool , an og at Newport, Abraham v Swindon in the cup and Daniels today.

Checked Knowles record and he’s scored 17 goals for Yeovil over last 18 months in national league.

Not amazing but not terrible either and plenty on here frequently say there’s no difference between bottom half league 2 and non league so I’m a bit surprised to read in the match threads he’s showing no composure infront of goal.

Really need more creativity in midfield as clearly the wing back attacks aren’t working.

Hutchinson, Earing and Maher all on bench today so there are options for Flynn.

1 Like

Not Cashman by the looks of it

1 Like

That makes quite scary reading

2 Likes

Boycott has let us down here

Forwards need to get off the mark then composure and confidence builds, then surprisingly they get there heads up and pass instead of shooting if others are in better positions rather than been desperate to get the shot off.
Williams and Knowles will get goals not sure on cash man not seen enough as for Timmy he has potential but a lot to learn so again a question mark