Where Are We At?

I don’t know if I’m alone in this, but I’m really struggling to care about this season. What’s the point of getting promoted if there’s no one there to see it? I still look out for the results, but I find they don’t really stir any emotion in me either way.

3 Likes

I was thinking about this the other day, even if we did go up we haven’t got a pot to ■■■■ in.

We wouldn’t be competitive.

1 Like

Didn’t LP say that he could attract some investment if we got promoted ?

1 Like

And you believe that :woozy_face:

2 Likes

Well i can see there being a lot of disgruntled fans if he is found to be lying, and would play into some of those hands that still think it is all part of an elaborate charade :wink:

:joy::joy: I just can’t see anyone investing in this club, it’s all a pipe dream.

1 Like

As opposed to this far in last season, when we’d scored 4 league goals, thus far we’ve only failed to score in 2 games.

1 Like

I think we are at, where we should be tbh. This is predominantly the same squad as last season & whilst there appears to be some improvement; we aren’t anywhere good enough to be serious promotion contenders at this stage. I’d put us lower mid table tbh.

For me 4th Division football is all about consistency and organisation, that breeds confidence and in turn results; when DC realises that, our promotion credentials may of course change. But I don’t see any reason to think this season will be different to last, hope DC proves me wrong.

As for future investment, really don’t make me laugh. Unless someone on here wins the Euromillions a couple of times, not sure anyone would invest in our little 4th Division club, with the pyramid contracting and recession looming.

Best we can hope for is uncle Jeff decides he’s got enough sun beds & decides to give us the freehold back.

In the meantime UTS!!!

We’ve fallen such a long way. I agree I think it’s lower mid table at best unfortunately. A few in there just a waste of a wage. Sinclair, Sadler spring to mind. Hayden white looks a really poor player even at this level.

1 Like

The only spark about last nights abomination was that DC didn’t do his usual monologue of excuses. Has he realised that his constant tinkering, square pegs in round holes, lack of nous and proper training, coupled with his over elaborate and woefully thought out changes of formation are not working?
The true test will come on Saturday, lose that and he will have lost the plot totally. We all know that he’s a’nice’ guy, but all over the land there are failed businesses that had been run by nice guys.
It saddens us all to admit that we are, unfortunately, crud mid table also ran’s.
We can’t score, (we are once again in a minus goal difference) and regrettably we can’t defend either, not a good combination for a football team.
Watching these practice matches in empty stadiums is tedious and lifeless, which describes to a tee what our team of inadequate’s are currently forcing us to suffer.

5 Likes

Saturday is a big game for DC to be fair . A win will restore a little faith whilst defeat against a team struggling and just hammered at home to barrow will see him and the team under pressure.Lets hope they come out fighting come 3pm.

2 Likes

In answer to the question at the same stage of the season at this level.

Massively behind 1979 (4th)
Ahead of 1990 (18th)
Well behind 1991 (7th)
Massively behind 1992 (4th)
behind 1993 (11th)
behind 1994 (10th)
Massively behind 2006 (top)
Ahead of 2019 (16th).

We are ahead of one Hibbitt season and the previous season under Clarke, so in terms of position in the football league its the 3rd worst start to a season in about 60 years.

5 Likes

Me and a few others have been talking about things reminding us of the Hibbitt years recently this highlights it even more we did not have a pot to ■■■■ in then yes covid has had an effect but thats the same for every club in the lower leagues.our highest earners are touching 1k a week and thats not many from what i was told last year yet we offer a proven league one midfielder who is better than almost everything we have 600 quid a week? absolute joke and Southend let him go for cost cutting reasons before anyone comes out with that one no one can tell me he isnt better than Sinclair Bates and Kinsella with a straight face.

1 Like

Plenty of lads realise there’s way more money to be made playing on a weekend and working in the week rather than playing on the lowest professional terms.

1 Like

I see that Pomlett’s No 1 fan has regenerated after a pregnant pause of 9 months, so things must be deteriorating rapidly.

3 Likes

Pomlett did…

We’re talking about people pumping money into club, LP hasnt.

I thought a number of our lads were on 100k ish?

As Killer78 has pointed out, WFC wanted to sign Mantom but offered him a lower wage than the one he was on at WFC in 2016!!!

1 Like

Sounds about right to me. We are a division lower and in difficult times. I haven’t seen him play but I doubt he is the player that left us either seeing as he doesn’t have a club. Either that or his expectations are too high.

We all know what Walsall are like, and I really do hope he gets fixed up, but the suggestion we offered him less than he was on before isn’t that ridiculous surely?

4 Likes