Where are we from

Willenhall, Sheffield, Willenhall, Bristol, Willenhall, Sheffield, Willenhall, India, Indonesia, Willenhall

Was unaffiliated until my big brother discovered football via Walsall FC and converted the entire family into Saddlers

2 Likes

Blakenall, Bloxwich, Pelsall, Norton Canes then moved to Northwich 4 years ago. Don’t drive so can’t get to games anymore but had a season ticket for years when I lived local. Now have to listen to ifollow.

Born and bred in Gloucester, then lived five years in Worcester. Moved to Walsall in 1986 and lived there till 2004 when we moved out to Longdon, near Lichfield.

Born in Birmingham, but my uncle was the groundsman at Fellows Park in the 1970s when I was a kid so I’ve always had an affinity for the Saddlers. Moved to New Invention mid 1980’s and been a full-on Walsall fan ever since. Lived in Bloxwich for the last 20 years.

Born and brought up in Birmingham, my old man had a stall on Walsall Market which is how I came to be a Saddler, moved to Willenhall, Stevenage, Yokohama, Toulouse, back to Walsall on the Mellish rd, Darmstadt, Letchworth and wound up at St Neots.

1 Like

■■■■ me mate , you got a caravan …:rofl:

1 Like

You really ought to be called Boomerang you know …:rofl:

2 Likes

That would make my life easier…

Walsall born & bred. Went to the most the games from mid 80s up until we sold fox and dann . Then caught the bug again when deano took over last season . Now take the wife and 4 kids to all home games.

1 Like

Wednesbury
Redcar
Wednesbury
Willenhall

Yeah mate. But gota spend that oil money somehow mate…

1 Like

Born on the Yew Tree and still live there - though about 50 yards closer to Walsall.

UK born & bred, first saddlers game when I was 7. Lived many years outside UK and now attempt to go to a game whenever I visit the UK depending on where I am. I live currently amongst the cheeseheads (I don’t eat the horrible hormone overloaded, pus filled mammalian body fluid).

Neither do i unless i have got biscuits grapes and a glass of wine with it :yum:

Eh, why not. I live in Poland, that’s medium country in central Europe. I’ve never been in England (and probably I’ll never be, cause some health issues, but I don’t wanna talk about it), I don’t have family, or friends or other relatives there too. So far I think I’m the only person in Poland, who knows there is such club. Maybe there are some people from my country in Bham area (work, maybe uni), but probably they follow bigger clubs, if any. But why Walsall FC? From one computer game, since 1999. And I feel so young here, few years and I’ll be 40. It looks like junior age :wink:

14 Likes

I’m 22 …

Born in Erdington, lived there for 22 years then moved to my spiritual home and back to the family roots of Wednesbury and set up camp for the next generation of Walsall fans.

So how did you manage to become a Walsall fan in Villa land?

Born at Manor. 1st 6 months of life lived in the Pleck then in '67 parents moved to Pelsall. Been around the Walsall area all my life apart from approx 4yrs in Tamworth. Now live on/in the Rushall Aldridge border. Hoping for happier end to the season, but come what may I’ll be here next season, if it’s in your blood, it’s in your blood!

My parents had no allegiances, dad went to villa with an ex girlfriend but that’s as far as it went.

I went to a couple of villa games with my dad which were seen as a ‘treat’ admittedly it was impressive being in that stadium as a youngster and hearing the rolling thunder (to an impressionable child) of the seats banging when fans stood up when ever villa attacked. thing I loved most was just being there with my dad sharing a burger at half time.

As I said before my family all come from wednesbury and it was only my dad who moved away to Birmingham where he met my mom. so I used to spend a lot of time at my nans in wednesbury. The magic happened when my aunts chap at the time was nice enough to ask if I wanted to come with him to Walsall save me being stuck in the house, It was instantly different, at the villa I was always in the side stand in a real family friendly environment, Walking into the ground via the gilbert alsP stand to be so close to the pitch was a new experience. Then being stood on steps leaning up crush barriers amongst the men who stunk of fags and booze was at the time radical.

Before going to Walsall I had no concept that football was played in competitive leagues, just took it more as an event. hearing Walsall fans singing we are top of the league changed all that. I think I first went during the 2000/2001 promotion season, remember tom Bennett being my first captain.

It was hard literally being the only Walsall fan at my secondary school in Erdington used to get the ■■■■ ripped out of me. villa were a really good team back then pushing at the top of the premier league and cup finals.

I remember the first time we played them in a pre season friendly at home, we done them 3-0 I was on holiday in the Dominican and my dad told me the score and I was so chuffed. I went back to school at the start of the new school year and gave them all a round of ■■■■■. we actually did them twice on the bounce in pre season games.

I probably owe my passion and love for the club not wavering to the junior saddlers, I was a football fanatic as a kid, I just lived and breathed football and beaing able to be dropped off to play football (initially at joseph leckie) on the astro turf by my new found mecca for a coupe of hours was quality. I used to love seeing the pre matchh build up take place whilst playing football with away team fans arriving and watching us for a bit before going to the ground. if there was ever a period in my life I could go back to it would be that, playing football care free and watching us in the championship. HEAVEN

9 Likes