Where are we from

I’m exactly the same mate. Loved playing with the Junior Saddlers. Wasn’t it like £2 to train then £3 for a match ticket? (or vice versa)

My mates mom used to work with the catering team so used to bring us free burgers and chips (Chips in the family stand!! What a time to be alive!). Loved it.

1 Like

If Bonser knew free burgers and chips were being handed out :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

3 Likes

They still do this. £4 per child at the sessions and then £8 adults and £3 children.

1 Like

That’s at least 1 positive. That was huge getting me into supporting Walsall (Although I really had to considering I lived on Wallows lane until I was 8)

ive seen you behind the bars in featherstone, ive heard you get day release for matchdays

1 Like

There’s an estimated invoice on its way right now!

They do, my lad used to do it every Saturday. They don’t advertise the cheaper tickets very well, normally have to ask. Had many times when other people had to ask about the cheaper tickets because they overheard me asking for them

2 Likes

Yeah exactly. Just seems that we will take whatever we can get!

That’s another opportunity they are messing up then . All good doing the sessions and giving tickets for 8 and 3 quid but if you don’t advertise this what’s the point :see_no_evil:kids of the future and they can’t be arsed :grimacing::grimacing:

Fair play Michal the polish walsall fan :+1:t2:

2 Likes

You are the one and only :clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2:

1 Like

Probably, but please, don’t ask me why. I still don’t know it. Really, I don’t know. There were many other teams, but somehow WFC took small place in my heart. Next to Premier League :wink:

5 Likes

Lots of polish people in Walsall now .

A Polish blog about Walsall? How fantastic from Michal who knows about us solely through playing Fifa.

Born in the Manor, live on the Yew Tree, still drive the 3 minutes to the ground instead of walk cuz arm propa’ layzy.

1 Like

Born in Tipton. Lived in Leeds, Preston and London after leaving school before moving to Australia in 2001 - first Sydney, then Alice Springs, then Sydney again and now Perth, where I work in horse racing.

3 Likes

I can still see your connection though , and I suppose we are all doing a similar job as you …

… only we’re flogging a dead horse… :rofl:

1 Like

Any tips for today mate .?

Playing Championship Manager 3. That was good game then, many hours I lost playing it. Later fortunately I got Internet and found forum (around 2005 I think, later my blog was found by one of you, maybe Pedagogue, I don’t remember details). But I remember this squad link or how good was that season link.

3 Likes

I was born in Walsall in 1993, my parents lived down there for a few years but moved back up to Kendal when I was 1. I grew up there and for some reason I asked to go to watch a football match in Walsall when I was about 8, and have been a supporter ever since.
I now live in Leeds and work in York.