Where are we from

Friar Park, but I learned to both read and write.

1 Like

I wonder if Par Stener still reads this board? Football Manager got him loving Walsall from Sweden.

1 Like

Par regularly texts the iFollow commentary team. iFollow’s improvement this season is the best thing that has happened to exiled Walsall supporters like me. I get home from work on a Saturday night and I get to watch the Saddlers in high definition on my living room television from 11:00 onwards. It will be even better when the clocks change in a couple of months. But I do wish someone would tell the iFollow commentators their microphones are live long before the matches kick off. Everything goes to air from about 10:45. Dangerous.

2 Likes

We should all put together to get him over for a game, start a gofundme or something. He really does love the club from what I can see. Very knowledgeable too.

1 Like

I’m sure he did come over for Wemberleee. Never been to the Bezla as far as I know.

1 Like

Yep, audio commentary officially starts later, but video commentary is live earlier. So audio works too, as long as there is video from the ground. That’s why all that non-match stuff can be heard. International doesn’t mean ‘don’t understand English users’ so it may be dangerous.
And well to know, someone else got hooked because computer game. I heard many times, don’t play computer games, you won’t find nothing good or nice there. it was a big mistake.

2 Likes

Solihull. Picked the team out of the Sunday Mercury when I was about six and been stuck with the Saddlers ever since.

3 Likes

Please tell me you are from Warsaw :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Fortunately, I’m not :slight_smile:

1 Like

Born in the Manor. Brought up in Leamore, went to Manor Farm in Rushall. Now residing in Darlaston surrounded by mainly thick theiving dingle skip rats. Saddler for life :slightly_smiling_face:

Seeing as how this is now a general ‘where are you from’ thread, with no attempt at going to games, i can now offer up that I was born in Walsall, escaped to college in London at age 18, emigrated to New Zealand at 31, got here at 32 (long trip) and am now resident in Hawke’s Bay, following from afar.

Current temperature is around 32 degrees C, by the way, just to rub it in. Might go jump in the pool in a minute.

2 Likes

Ah! But we get to go and watch the super saddlers every week…you win,enjoy your swim…:thinking::roll_eyes:

1 Like

Don’t forget the pride of the Midlands…:wink:

Welcome to the 20th century :grin: