Where do you think we will finish now?

I’m going 9th, I think we’ll have a decent second half to the season

Really difficult to predict at the minute with all the uncertaintiny about how long DC will keep his job, he could well be gone by 6pm on Saturday if Darlington win, which would not surprise me at all.

If he does manage to keep his job and things don’t improve on the run in to the January transfer window, going on his summer window signings, I fully expect DC to find even more crap to replace the tat he needs to get rid of, if that’s the case we will certainly finish bottom or bottom but one.

If we do plod along to January and pick up a couple of wins and draws, and we see some better January signings, then I think we will finish just inside the top half around 12th.

As a real outside pick, the overall quality of this league is so poor, its unbelieveable and I still believe, if we could manage to suddenly pick up a bit of form between now and January and DC finally does what he needs to and signs the four or five good experienced players we so badly need (Goal scoring striker, two decent wingers if MacDonald is shown the door, one or two good midfield players, with some skill, height and muscle, just like the two guys Salford had who ran the game, also if the budget runs to it, an Andy Butler type CH to organise our error ridden defence.

Then who knows, as this division is so so poor, any side in the bottom half could soon be on the cusp of the play offs with a five or six game winning burst, so just in case that unthinkable scenario does happen, then I wiil go for a seventh place finish.

1 Like

12th better second half of the season hopefully.

16th and all the miserable feelings that come with it staying a football league side is imperative for us that goes without saying so 16th and a few transfer windows to improve the squad I just hope we have some more good times in the future I’m missing them already

I think we’ll finish the season at Bradford.

I’ll get my coat now…

4 Likes

You’ve given up on the play-offs then!

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy:Nice one! You know, I’d completely forgotten the play-offs existed given our current state of affairs on the pitch but now you mention it, we could still possibly end up finishing the season at Bradford even if we did reach that stage.

With my pedant hat on at least I answered the question of the thread correctly as to ‘where do you think we will finish’ as opposed to most others who answered the non existent question of ‘which position in the league…’

… You can tell I used to be a computer programmer many years ago … :joy::joy:

1 Like

spot on killer…lol.

2 Likes

Turns out you were wrong saying we’d finish at Bradford!

1 Like