Who are these?

:wave::wave::wave::wave::grin:

I remember as a kid standing behind the goal at the Hillary street end,I was only about 10ft away from him,you could see he was going grey,then he went on to make 200 appearances for Chester,he must have been white over by the time he retired.

I started going in 1962/63 season but Terry was the first goalie i remember. He played from 1964 to 66 and made 101 appearances.

Anyone give me the name of this former player? Its a fairly recent photo…

Ray train ?

No @Gavin77 a few years after he left.

Actually just 18 months after Ray left us for Carlisle.

Bobby Ball? Seriously though,his face doesn’t ring a bell.

1 Like

@SidSwifty a clue then…Only played 31 times for Saddlers but was at the club for three and a half years .

Doug Fraser I reckon. Was caretaker manager for ever, it felt like, and hardly made any signings. Left football after getting sacked and worked in prisons.

Spot on @eccentric_viewer . Doug became the first non-manager to win the 3rd Div manager of the month. I suppose two of his better signings were Alun Evans and Mick Bates.

I suppose this thread is appropriate for the for all the " legends " that have served us so well the past few seasons!

1 Like

I must say,even knowing who it is,I still can’t recognise him…:grimacing::grin:

1 Like

@SidSwifty To me he has hardly changed… he looked ancient when he signed in 1973!

He used to have shoulder length dark hair,and i’m sure he used to have a bigger more pronounced gap in his teeth,or maybe that’s just my imagination…:grinning:

loved this bloke

Is that a young Graeme Forbes ?

2 Likes

Yes Gav,the best centre half we ever had.

2 Likes

Agreed :+1:certainly the best I have seen.

1 Like

Maybe Scott dann aside