Who do you / we despise and why - Football clubs that is

Man United
Crewe
Wolves
Port Vale
Shrewsbury

To be honest having been to most grounds, played most teams or come across their support on my travels away usually on the train network I hate most teams, that’s just my top 5.

Love is a strong word same as hate. I certainly don’t love them but I smile if they beat Liverpool or anyone they play in Europe. Was funny in Liverpool Spoons on Saturday, talking to Everton fans about my obscure liking for them. Dad took me to Vile against Everton in 1977 lg cup final. I was 11 and already a Saddler, but that day sticks with me. When Duncan Mackenzie hit the bar the noise of “We all agree, Duncan Mackenzie is magic” was mindblowing as a kid. After about god knows how many replays some bloke called Chris Nicholl scored the winner for Vile from 35 yards :sparkling_heart: (the heart is for Chris Nicholl, not for Vile). For some obscure reason Roger Kenyon and Ronny Goodlass were among my heroes as a kid. I wish there were more players like Ronny Goodlass in todays game. A proper winger

Wolves - because there fans are six fingered sisters sha66ers

Port Vale - just an horrible club with horrible fans

Salford - Gary Neville, tin pot non league club with a league 1 budget.

Mk Dons - Franchise FC

Swindon - Fans are deluded

Shrewsbury - What i class as our main local rivals Sheep sha66ers.

:rofl:Offer here,

Don"t hold back Fella…

:grinning:Offer

1 Like

I think I could go down the list of the 92 and give you a solid reason for wanting to burn them to the ground. I include Walsall in that list at times!

11 Likes

Same here, something has cropped up for me to hold a grudge against every team over time.

I think as I get older I have lost that feeling of hating/despising other clubs. I even found myself hoping Wolves would beat Liverpool last week due to the injustice. Life’s too short and basically us fans all feel the same about our own clubs.

3 Likes

Wolves
West Brom
Birmingham City (sick of them staying up by the skin of there teeth)
Liverpool
Shrewsbury

Port Vale
Wolves
Shrewsbury
Mansfield

My dislike for Mansfield has developed since having Chesterfield supporting mates, the DJ situation is increasing my dislike.

Don’t mind West Brom but think that stems from knowing so many fans growing up in Wednesbury.

2 Likes

I know the nickname of every other team in football: The Shits.

Every team I despise has been mentioned, with the exception of Turkey, and most Turkish teams. Horrible fans.

1 Like

Shouldn’t you be hating Birkenhead United, or Napier City Rovers or some such?

1 Like

All the above and Blackpool now, i wish the place would sink into the shit brown sea surrounding it

2 Likes

Of the local clubs I dislike Wolves most and not overly keen on Villa. Pretty indifferent to Baggies and Birmingham, growing up in Bloxwich and going to school in Cannock no one supported either of them.

Slightly further afield I dislike Vale, Stoke and Coventry. Shrewsbury don’t stir much feeling in me. I’ve never met a Shrewsbury fan and their support always seems to be so crap it’s hard to feel much about them.

Having lived in Nottingham for a bit I can’t stand Forest. Awful entitled fan base who would sit in almost complete silence each time I saw them play. County’s support put them to shame.

I don’t really hate any other teams. I have no time for the “pretend” clubs like MK Dons,Salford.FGR and Crawley Town. Locally I only like West Brom who I watched as a lad when Walsall were away but Walsall is my club and I hope they win more rather than wishing others lose.

2 Likes

I agree almost 100% with this sentiment. I also don’t really hate any other teams and I also watched and supported the Baggies when Walsall were away. If I am really honest nobody I knew liked the Wolves when I was younger but as I have mellowed and moved away from the Black Country I don’t even dislike them nowadays.

Everyone hates The Scum don’t they? Every ground you visit they sing “we beat The Scum 2-1” or whatever, and you never meet anyone who says “actually I support The Scum”…

To be topical I don’t like Leicester. Remember putting a coin in a bucket outside the Walkers when they were skint and then during the game they started chucking coins at us. Plus they got out of that mess leaving a string of creditors and soon found themselves filthy rich.

3 Likes

Dark side of our family are Albion, dark side in a good way, I’m the bright side. Fair play to our Kev he has been Albion home and away for longer than i’ve been following Walsall, only cos he’s older than me :grin:. His lad Sam is also home and away Albion but the pillock married into a blue nose family :see_no_evil: Kev and Sam are currently winning, Kev got kids deal on season tickets for grand kids as soon as they were born. Saw the Albion beat Valencia with Rainer Bonhoff and Mario Kempes just after Argentina 1978, 38,000 bouncing in the Hawthorns, but I’d already experienced the Street End by then and was hooked. Don’t mind the Albion, one reason i Love my brother is he is not a condescending :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth: He never says “Walsall are my second team”

If I had to pick one it would be Villa.

However, over the years I have held major grudges against various teams we have played.

UP THE SADDLERS

Went into administration whilst signing every fecker and getting promoted to the Premier League!

Awful club hope we beat them.

3 Likes

Wolves - You are not Barcelona
MK Dons - Cartons of milk older in my fridge - nothing club
Barnsley - Strange club

Absolute pits of the game

1 Like