Who remembers

Sumo was great. Really livened up many a dull match. Was that the last time we had decent half-time entertainment? Recent offerings have been a total embarrassment.

3 Likes

Imagine a big cow on wheels doing 51mph in the middle lane, “overtaking” another lorry doing 50mph in the left lane. Alternatively, look at this picture.

Robert Wiseman-1

1 Like

The American style penalty shoot-outs were excellent.

All said in jest. Calm down yer silly moo!

1 Like

Classic that one. Was thinking of that when I started reading the thread.

Niiiiigel Spink took a bit of stick during our Bescot debut. The sarcastic Wayne Evans chant was similar.

“B@stard Man”?

He was always able to anticipate a lull in the crowd & then shouted “You b@stard referee”. Always made me giggle!

1 Like

Can also remember loads of “Steeeveeeees” when I think keeper called Steve Mildenhall came and played at Bescot. He let in 5 for Southend in 2008 game (Ishy hatrick).

1 Like

B U C K L E Y …Buckley Buckley … :clap: :clap:

1 Like

Wolfie? used to sit behind the goal with the mask of a wolf’s head on :smile: And mad kev who was a total nightmare, when he thought he was more popular than he actually was, turned into a proper prima donna, i’m surprised he didn’t start charging for autographs :laughing:

1 Like

@deanonev69 is your man

2 Likes

Who me?!? :joy:

3 Likes

There used to be a few giggles and a few “is that really his name” comments whenever Burnley played at Bescot in the 90s and the keeper was announced as Marlon Beresford. Apparently his mom was a big fan of Mr Brando.

1 Like

Loved the one aimed at Dingle Ade Akinbiyi.
“Akinbiyi`s illegitimate, e aint got no birth certificate” then in slightly hushed tones, " Dirty Dingle Barsteward" :rofl:

3 Likes

The idea of chanting the opposition goalie’s name over and over originates in North American ice hockey. If the away team’s netminder is having a mare, then a slow, intimidating chant of his name will start up. I don’t know the history of it though, I’ll look it up.

1 Like

I miss singing every players name before the game

I remember a very un-PC one aimed at Jan Molby when we played Liverpool in the league cup at FP :smiley:

Was it the same one that was sang about Sammy Lee when he played for Liverpool😂

Don’t remember that song. The Molby one was just after him being spotted coming out of a night club frequented by men interested in other men. The other part of the song referred to his supposedly portly frame.

:wink:

1 Like

He’s fat and round