Who would you want here next season if the worst happens?

Oh no you’ve let the genie out of the bottle there geordie.:joy:El Nombre will see it and they’ll be 100 more replies by this time tomorrow.

Keates is interesting. Like many in the squad I suspect he’ll be better down in league 2. However there will obviously be pressure to mount a proper promotion challenge e.g. for top 3 and I don’t see him capable of doing it like Dickie did all those years ago.

Always feels to me when a team get relegated and keep manager that relegated them there’s always a negative air that lingers and comes to the fore when you then hit a winless run.

DK’s immediate legacy in next two months could be first Walsall manager to relegate the team from the third division in 13 years so it will take a good turnaround to shift that.

His reputation here has suffered enough this season, would let him go and start afresh.

Well I’ve heard Leahy has a move potentially already, and Cook might be off either way. Who knows. Most of the kids are supposedly on the way out and Dylan Parker out of contract too.

In short, all players with signed contract for the next season may stay, or may not. All players without deal may go, or may stay. There will be massive rebuild during this summer, but at this moment it’s hard even to guess, who will be making decisions. Well, owner won’t change, but it doesn’t mean anything.

Weird really, we have got to get relegated to appreciate Deano’s management skills :rofl::wink:

I’m with you all the way regarding Paul Hurst.:+1:

On the last few performances they are all good enough for league 2 . Not good enough for anything more than another relegation dogfight next year though if we stay up .

I agree. Problem is that some of them will see their futures in L1. Could see us losing Cook, Gordon, Roberts, Kinsella, Edwards and Dobson to L1 clubs.

Apart from Cook and purely because he is a goal scorer, every single one of these players are replaceable.

I certainly wouldn’t fear a busy summer.

Can see Paul Hurst going to Scunthorpe, given that they will probably give him funds they can’t really afford, to sort them out.

2 Likes

More instability and rolling of the dice? Do you trust Keates to bring on the right players?

If Cook doesn’t get back to being a regular starter soon, there is no way he will be here next season.

1 Like

No I don’t, but I also can’t stomach watching the majority of this squad for another season.

Something has to give.

A few weeks ago I would have agreed 100% but the last few games have shown a lot of improvement. If we get relegated I would be happy with most of them but question mark over Keates.

If we stay up then yes, we need some changes and that may also include the manager.

2 Likes

Absolutely ridiculous to say get them all out. Cook for a start (if we can keep him) is going to score goals for fun at that level. Ismail blows hot and cold but the last few weeks he’s been outstanding and can run a game on his day. Dobson is well above league two level. As is Edwards. Kinsella is woefully underrated.

Replacements throughout the defence, maybe Goalkeeper, at least someone to contest the shirt, and a left winger and I’d have every confidence in that squad in league two.

3 Likes

I think people wanting the lot out is more an outburst of emotion rather than what we should actually do. In reality I’d keep half that squad.

3 Likes

Yeah fair enough, my point was more that there isn’t an awful lot wrong with this squad at all and if we went down I don’t think there are that many changes squad wise needed to come back up. It’s certainly not a rip out and start again job.

Manager, couple of defenders and a winger.

1 Like

I think that the fact we should have beaten both Sunderland and Barnsley speaks volumes.

5 Likes

I’d happily see most of them go if honest but accept that is unlikely. I think recent effort has been a lot better, and i’d not doubt the professionalism in the squad, but I struggle to believe there are 4 worse teams in this league than us over a season.

If we went down I don’t believe we’d challenge for promotion, but they’d be good enough for top half (probably).

Like you you mean :rofl::rofl::+1:

1 Like

And Portsmouth :+1:

1 Like

If we go down, we will be there for a considerable amount of time.