Who would you want to keep for next season?

Gordon will get a new contract you watch.

I wouldnā€™t be against it.

A genuine box-to-box midfielder, huge loss when injured and once departed. Also one of the few players in that relegation team who wasnā€™t a complete nobhead.

7 Likes

Heā€™s 9 league goals off Oztumer. At his current scoring rate heā€™d need another full year of league football to catch him ā€¦

Coalan Lavery is 20 goals off. Maths that would work out how long it would take for him to catch him is beyond me though

Edit: about 128 apps. Definitely didnā€™t use a calc.

2 Likes

If he can learn to stop running in a straight line he has half a chance.

Bench warmer

People not wanting oztumer back is crazy in my view.
Our best formation is 4231 so either oz or Holden could easily play number 10 or an inside winger.
Iā€™d bet Holden would be very comfy cm alongside perry
If an opportunity to sign a player of his quality came along at this level we would be stupid to say no!
Who would we get any better seriously?

5 Likes

Canā€™t understand the constant fascination with wanting previous players back.
Oztumer was good with us but from memory that has been his career to date. Been injured for a length of his Brizzle loan as I understand it.

1 Like

Noticed scunthorpe already announced there release/retain list

Will we do that? Or will it all be a big secret like a lot of other thingsā€¦undisclosed fees for example?

1 Like

Just what I was thinking, the mind boggles!

1 Like

What about ā€œHā€ from steps? :smile: :wink:

Danny Guthrie has signed for Fram in Iceland

I agree with you he may be a good signing although he has been injured a fair bit in his career according to Wikipedia

Might lose some weight eating those Skyr Icelandic style yogurts

1 Like

I tell you what his agent must spin some bull he could sell Ice to an Eskimo that fella.

"I can not wait to get to Iceland, meet my coach, my teammates and work hard to get into good shape to start competing and winning games."
Such difficult task at the start.

1 Like

Where mate? Iā€™ve not found it.

I just hope we let the players that havenā€™t done well go and we recruit well my definition of recruiting well is players that are proven at this level in all areas and have been involved in play off/promotion pushes previously in their careers or even this season.

When he was told he was going to Iceland he was hoping to stock up on turkey twizzlers and frozen Greggā€™s sausage rolls.

5 Likes