Why did LP takeover Walsall FC

Because they won’t just gift it back will they

Should things go tits up. This is there. Golden ticket.

Sad reality is in my opinion. And I stress it’s my opinion only. Things. Will end in tears But respect the oppinion of others. Who. Feel differently.

Wfc. the only Club who pay to. have a ground built with there own. Cash. Only to end up renting it
And then get brought out. And. Fellows park part two kicks in.

2 Likes

I thought ISSA had been campaigning to get the freehold reunited back to club, it would seem you are not happy with the likelihood of it being reunited.

As said mate. This is my oppinion only not that of. Issa

Issa would love to see club regain. Ownership of its own home. But not at a cost. of it shackling. Club for another 25 years.

We’ve trod that path before. And to. have to do it all over again. Would be. Criminal

So Bonser sells to one of his mates on the board, who then in turn makes no changes to the board; until some Americans turn up, who in turn make no real changes to the board, apart from adding a co-chair who lives thousands of miles away.

That same board have overseen mediocrity and decline for years. Apart from better PR, which secures record ST sales; what has he actually done?

I get that running a football club is hard, but he has literally presided over the worst period in our history and not done anything about it.

Why aren’t Trivela sole owners now?

Would it not be fair to say that under Bonser has been our most successful period in our football history?

1 Like

At this point, I start to struggle.

The most successful period in the club’s history in my lifetime was when we won the 4th Division Championship in 1960, promotion to the 2nd Division in 1961 and two seasons in the 2nd division, only losing our place thanks to appalling luck in the last match.

The time when we played the best football was in the Buckley era in the early eighties.

Over the 30 or so years of Bonser we had a mixture of relegation, mediocrity, welcome success under Graydon, relegation and then a lot of mostly unmemorable seasons leading to relegation.

Long before my time.

Must be you age, got to bed get some sleep and im sure you will be fine in the morning.

What?

In which case either listen to folk and learn, or do a bit of reading up on your football club’s actual history.

Spot on.

1 Like

It was clearly our best ever period under Nicholl, Graydon and Lee . I was around in the late fifties and early sixties and that was good too . A good spell once every 40 years means I won’t see another though. I hope Mr Boycott’s gradualism isn’t too gradual. :grinning:

1 Like

Yes. I’ve said it before too.

You do seem to be someone if you don’t mind me saying who dosnt understand anything about Walsall fcs history. Happy clapping your way to 19th in league 2 and believing everyone else should do the same

1 Like

Im taking your advice.

I see

Definitely not happy clapping, im far from happy at our league position but on current form thats where we deserve to be. Thats why ive been questioning Flynns tactics.

Fair enough. I believe Flynns hands are tied. You can’t work with a squad including players of the quality of Abraham, Cashman, Douglas James, manuka and expect him to do well. This is all he could afford based on the budget Trivela gave him. Not good enough from those at the top. He will walk I think. He won’t allow himself to get the sack working for these Fools

The club paid for the ground to be built. It then paid rent for 30 years to play at that ground. It will soon need to service a loan to take back ownership of that ground.

I’m making no comment who has/will make money out of this period of our history but it sure as hell isn’t a small midlands football team.

12 Likes

Bang on the money.

Did Coventry do the same as us? They owned Highfield Road and sold it, built a new ground which they don’t own but have to rent. I’m not sure exactly how that came about. It’s worked out well for them anyhow. :laughing: