Why did they sell their best players

Tax liability.

1 Like

Okay if that isnā€™t feasible couldnā€™t they sell it back to the club at a reduced value or something like that , surely there must be a way if they REALLY wanted to do it and show they cared about the club .

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure the land is as valuable as you would think. We dont need any more deserted retail parks in Walsall. And housing development. Directly opposite the M6.

I was just repeating Bonserā€™s infamous quote to justify why he should get some of his loans paid back from the proceeds of selling players we needed for a promotion bid.

Itā€™s clear the way Bonser sees it, he saved the club so itā€™s only right he makes a load of cash for himself off the back of it. Leech!

ā€¦And now heā€™s made enough money he can probably just let us die ā€¦ ā– ā– ā– ā– 

Sleep well Jeff

2 Likes

We wonā€™t get relegated.

Well I would certainly like more to look forward to than just this ā€¦

1 Like

On the Bslance sheet at 31 May 2019,after Pomlett had aquired a majority shareholding, loans outstanding from Bonser,are shown as. being Ā£600000.

Letā€™s face it weā€™re stuck with Jeff and no ambition until we (the fans) decide enough is enough. The only way out from this would be starting a new club and leaving Jeff with a stadium with no fans. Either that or one of us win the euro millions.

Not this season anyway

1 Like

I thought Pomlett took over in June or July? I might be wrong though

1 Like

As an asideā€¦Often wonder if Bonser ever imagined his dealings would be SO lucrative.

How savvy was he, or did this all fall into his lap.

1 Like

Yes LP took over on the 29th July.The accounts for year ending May 2020 will show us exactly what happened when he purchased the club.

Heā€™d peddle the ā€˜luckyā€™ story. Iā€™d point to the opacity of dealings with Denglen and Davenmanor, amongst a host of other things. Played for and got.

4 Likes

FTFY :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Are these documented any where in a newspaper article at the time or online in a more recent article.

I donā€™t believe Iā€™ve ever read anything clear cut on how the move from FP ended up with the Club and Freehold being separated ?

Iā€™ve read the several threads on here on and off over the years but itā€™s still not clear in my mind

I wrote an extensive piece a while back. @simon has a copy to use as he sees fit. Think I lost the original in a home pc blue screen of death disaster last year.

Agreed but they should show who the club owes money tooā€¦I think JBā€™s loans have been repaid from what LP has said but some appear not to believe him. They should also show how much rent was paid in that year which includes the first 4 months of COVID time and we should be able to discern whether the landlord has been benevolent or not.If I were LP I would comment on the issue in the Chairmanā€™s statement which always accompanies the accounts.

1 Like

Would be an interesting read if thereā€™s still a copy somewhere :+1:

Honestly needs more fleshing out by someone with access to the news of the time. I ran it past a couple of people around at the time with knowledge of the club who agreed with it, but Iā€™m still not sure. Thatā€™s how dark it was. Not even sure my back-up drive has the supporting press pieces I used for dating my story. Thatā€™s depressing, now I want to look it all up again!