Will we drop into the bottom 4 tonight!

There’s a distinct possibility that Port Fail could drop out of the League - they’re almost in a similar position to ourselves, and losing at home to Tranmere won’t do them any good at all …

Rochdale 2 AFC Wimbledon 2 (48 min) we’re back up to 19th !!!

Accrington Stanley 2 Oxford United 1 (63 min)

Bristol Rovers’ goal at Portsmouth was a penalty … I wish we could take penalties!!

Update … Portsmouth 1 Bristol Rovers 1 (58 min) which lifts us to 18th for the moment

(Port Vale 1 Tranmere Rovers 2 now … Norwood with both Tranmere’s goals)

Bristol Rovers had another penalty, in the 2nd half at Portsmouth. Missed it!!! (same taker too)

A Will Grigg penalty puts Sunderland 3-2 up at home to Gillingham (66 min)

Accrington Stanley now 3-2 up at home to Oxford Utd (87 min)

Sunderland now 4-2 … another penalty

Rochdale 2 AFC Wimbledon 3 (76 min) :grinning:

Update … now 3-3 (84 min)

Now 3-4

Overall some kind results tonight.

Won’t matter though imo, club looks done at league 1 level.

10 goals scored by some of the teams below us, looks like they are putting up a fight, i can’t see us scoring 10 goals in our next 10 games :frowning_face:

1 Like

I think he heard you Chunks , he don’t look well pleased with you :joy:

2 Likes

We got off lightly tonight. Its proven though that those below are putting up a fight and scrapping for each and every fight which is more than we are doing. Tonight just delays the inevitable. For 20 games now we have been the WORST team in the league. That’s looking at the past 5, 10, 15 and 20 games. We will enter the bottom four soon and we won’t get back out of it.

4 Likes

Yes. Look at Wimbledon. They’re still in a very difficult position but another win could see them hanging onto the coat tails of those above them. After beating us , to win like that last night at Rochdale must have been a massive boost. A happier atmosphere on their training ground i think! We seem incapable of achieving the same sort of result .Hope I’m wrong but i share the total gloom about our likely fate.

1 Like

Losing to both Rochdale and Wimbledon at home when they were at their nadir is unforgivable and is a significant part of the mathematical reason we’re in such deep trouble.

3 Likes

worrying about what everyone else does really is the wrong mentality in a relegation battle.

It’s all about what WFC do , afterall safety is in the clubs hands.

1 Like

It certainly is.
A run of two or three wins could be all it takes.
I don’t know where they’re coming from, mind…

2 Likes

it looks like last nights results, were sort of in our favour.
It all looks as though the drop could be decided on the goal diff. which is obviously not in our favour!
:disappointed:

It’s February , so it’s not do or die time as far as the table is concerned but what is becoming clear is that it’s looking like 4 from the bunch of 8 or 9 .

We are the ones sinking like a stone , seemingly reluctant to play the ( potential) new manager bounce card . I would say as it stands we would be favourites to be bottom on around 42/43 points at the end of the season unless something remarkable happens . Stopping rots like this just rarely happens . I would love to be proved wrong .

1 Like

Only reason is to see what the final projected total to stay up is, obvious the less the teams below win the fewer points it will be.

Next to no chance of staying up if it’s 52 points required like last season, still a small chance if it’s 47 or 48 points as some have predicted.

I personally think it will be over 50 as teams that can barely win a game always pick up towards the end of the season. Northampton were all but down in middle of April last year and suddenly strung three straight wins out of nowhere which still gave them a chance before Dobson goal relegated them.

Rochdale also had that great run, they were as behind as Wimbledon were so yes I wouldn’t rule out Wombles from a great escape either.