Working party meeting cancelled

A total waste of time

Guess where the concept has been brought forward from - The Bonzo era! Total and utter waste of everyone’s time in their present format.

WPMs are a club construct modelled to give the impression of fan liaison at board level. Any meaningful questions are deflected to non-attending members of staff with the hope they wont be followed up, or screened as commercially sensitive. Anything that slips the net is doctored in the Minutes, which is why they often take weeks to be published. Even the introduction of the SLO as a compulsory attendee acts to reduce the number of decisions makers who have to attend. Increasingly pointless.

10 Likes

Maybe they’ve cancelled it to focus on the exciting new signings that will boost us to automatic promotion this season.

I have been drinking by the way

3 Likes

Keep going

2 Likes

Club will do one once we’ve signed a new 38 year old left back to cover ward and a kid striker on loan who’s never played a game but has good character

3 Likes

Total utter contempt for the fan base, they do what they want, when they want. Keep at em DH, give Omlette, Gamble and Mole the ear bashing they need, Cretins the lot of em.

Just shows the high regard that the club hold the fans in which by these actions just shows is a low regard!
What I don’t understand is that on “buying” the club Pomlett was all for liaising with fans so surely this is a demonstration of his lack of following through on his promises highlighting what we all already know that the man and club is all words and no action.
I mean with Christmas and the expensive time of year yet there were still a good c.4200 home fans at the last home game, why not try and boost attendance by a ticket offer and a beer and pie for ST holders to say thank you for the support as the performances on the pitch haven’t exactly been a thank you - why haven’t the club got any marketing know how??

3 Likes

Or in our case a burnt sausage roll and a freezing cold mild or bitter :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :wink:

2 Likes

Because they don’t care mate

2 Likes

I noticed Newport are putting on free coach travel to an away game , our club have literally never given anything back to the fans.

I mean what would it genuinely cost- 2/3k for a few coaches.

2 Likes

They gave the stadium to our #1 fan to be fair

6 Likes

I’m sure they put on free coaches to Fellows Park in the run-in to the 82-83 season, as they chased promotion. Good game, we won 2-0 but totally outplayed them. Shakey, Lee Sinnott and Mini all showing just how good they were going to be.
They finished fourth and missed promotion by one place.*

*Note to younger viewers, no play-offs back then, it was automatic or nowt.

1 Like

Technically our #1 fan (allegedly) bought the stadium off the receivers of a liquidated company very closely involved in the development of said stadium.

1 Like

Nothing of importance to discuss :rofl:

2 Likes

Life comes at you fast…

4 Likes

Is this still true? :joy: :joy: :joy:

1 Like

Maybe the club aren’t concerned or bothered by recent events and it’s just normal to them?