Worst Football Songs

What’s your (least) favourite?

A bloke with an accordion played / sung “When the Saints go marching in” outside the bar we were at last night. Reminded me of that god awful slowed down bollocks that everyone was singing a few years ago.

Utter shite.

1 Like

F the Pope and the IRA

9 Likes

I’d discounted that but yes :joy:

The slowed down version never took off at Walsall did it? As far as I am aware we always continued with the original.

I really dislike the " We’re the Walsall boys making all the noise, everywhere we go" It is the most generic song ever that pretty much every league 2 club sings.

In general, after a few pints, I will join in with most songs though!

2 Likes

If this can merge into Worst football songs by footballers I thought Fog on the Tyne was shyte

1 Like

I hated that stupid thing from the Merson years when fans chanted “easy, easy” but really, really, really slowly while clapping their hands over their heads. It was totally naff, almost made the many defeats worthwhile because it was killed off.
I also hated when Mark Robins had his name sung to the tune of Kumbaya. Not because I dislike the song, but because I hated that little twunt so much.

Kevin Keegan released a terrible single many years ago, it was loads worse than Diamond Lights, but I can’t remember what it was and am too frightened to look it up in case I hear some of it.

2 Likes

Really dislike ‘Take me home, Wednesbury Road…’

3 Likes

Tom Hark was another one I couldn’t stand.

Think it was made during his time at SV Hamburg. I remember seeing a clip of Mighty Mouse singing on a German chat show. Truly awful…

Anyway back on topic; any song based on the tune of Sloop John B is mind numbingly dull.
All of those terrible WW2 themed songs/chants that England “fans” sing…

Anything that’s to the Sloop John B tune or Allez Allez Allez. I hate how it’s just the same shit regurgitated by fans over and over and over.

TW: Absolute shite…
@JumboTrudgeon crank it up!

@Scooby2167 if you think Fog on the Tyne is bad have a bit of Boli & Waddle. Shame it’s Basil and not Roger!

2 Likes

Yep, that’s bad.

Derby and Villa dispute who started that song but it’s absolutely massive amongst both their fanbases although has an element of truth.

the one every club sings ( to there clubs name) walsall fc from the black country

Any song where the player “runs down the wing for me”.

1 Like

Not really a song but really hate the chant “F**k ‘em up, get into ‘em”

The Stevie Bull one was embarrassing. Couldn’t score another goal if he played all effin night. The bloke was prolific, even if it was for Wolves.

2 Likes

Don’t know what the song is, if you can call it a song, but that dirge of “that’s the way we like it, we like it, we like it, oooer ooer ooer…”. Garbage.

Some of us of a certain vintage will remember the charming refrain of “you’re going home in a effin ambulance”.

1 Like

Didn’t we become all Metropolitan in the mid 70s and start sending them home in a West Midlands ambulance?

1 Like

We need more going down the wednesbury road and less allez allez oh.