Worst League position in 15 months

Try 45 years

1 Like

49 years in a couple of weeks. Bloody hell! Where’s it gone? And is Bobby Shinton available to play against Exeter?

Jeffsmate123, there’s nothing wrong with slagging Pomlett (albeit you do weirdly and obsessively seem to do it in every post you make) but it’s hard to take you seriously after admitting you’re Jeffs pal.

How is Uncle Jeff btw?

2 Likes

It’s a tiny bit funny but as much as I don’t agree with what @Gensanx123 puts most of the time regarding LP, I don’t think editing a posters thread title to ridicule them is going to convince more people to come here to debate Walsall, which is what we surely all want.

2 Likes

Did you think Clarke was a good Managerial Appointment at the time?

2 Likes

Thread title changed guess that makes it all better then.

2 Likes

While the FL has run a lineal 4 Division format (so excluding D3 North and South) can anyone confirm what Our poorest league finish has been

He’d probably be more effective than McDonald as long as he’s still alive

Since the Fourth Division was created in 1958 our lowest league finish was 16th in 1990/91.

Although arguably our 3 consecutive 24th (bottom) place finishes in 1951/52, 1952/53 and 1953/54 in the Third Division South were actually lower placed finishes.

In 1951/52, out of the 92 FL clubs, only Workington in the Third Division North had a worse record than us.

In 1952/53 and 1953/54, our record was the worst in the FL, so 92nd out of 92.

Despite this we still somehow managed to increase our average attendance the following season to over 11,000!

I had a feeling it was the first season at Bescot in the four division format Pingu.

So its fair to say that our number one fan left us exactly where he found us. In Division 4 without a pot to ■■■■ in.

I guess the period from Nicholl through to Money was generally entertaining with a few highlights under Smith.

But in hindsight it seems only one person is in a better position 30 years on is our former Chairman and current Landlord (care of Suffolk Life).

1 Like

When looking at comparative shitness I find this helps. It shows that this is probably the joint worst time to support us since the league went to four divisions. And I don’t think we’ve bottomed out yet.

1 Like

Like you said we all know we haven’t bottomed out yet