Would relegation be such a bad thing?

Likewise.
Surely the club would not be able to afford to pay directors £114,000 a year though in non league.
No idea what the answer is, but there’s a cancer running through the club at thd moment, from Pomlett, Mole, Gamble and Fullerton
Not forgetting that communication genius that is the SLO

Catastrophic. If we go down we won’t be back any time soon, possibly not in my lifetime.

2 Likes

Sorry, it’s a terrible idea, we need stay in this league at all costs. There is absolutely no advantage unless the club goes out of business and we start again in step 8 without Bonser, his rent collector Pomlett, all the current board members and Bescot Stadium.

2 Likes

Yes, it would be a fcuking disaster. There’s no way be should be anywhere near 19th in League 2. Well-run club my arse!!

4 Likes

Not only would it be a bad thing, it would be an absolute disaster for a whole multitude of reasons.

2 Likes

I think it goes one of two ways.

It ignites the reuniting of the club with the fans and a clearout out the top. We become a stable Conference club. I think it would be extremely difficult to get back and compete against Notts County, Stockport, Wrexham and Chesterfield

We go down and Pomlett, Gilman, Bond, Tisdale, Whalley and Mole and Gamble stay involved. I see that as the end of Walsall Fc tbh.

1 Like

It would also trap us with Pomlett for an eternity.

Absolute disaster!! It would ruin the club

The prospect is frightening. The threat is real.

1 Like

Question is can you see walsall changing with current leadership. I don’t think so and fans are already talking about not going next year. I know me and my sons are not renewing, 4 years of constant relagation battles is enough for anyone.

1 Like

YES!!!

Likely to end up in no Walsall

I think we need a Mole / Gamble out banner

1 Like

I can’t believe this thread! Relegation to the national league would be catastrophic for the club and us the fans. We’d be playing the likes of Hednesford and Tamworth within a couple of seasons as we’d go into free fall.
As much as it’s not the most successful time at the moment we’re still in the Football league. I genuinely believe we won’t get relegated but to even say relegation wouldn’t be a bad thing is ludicrous just look at the funding we get from league affiliation, etc

2 Likes

It can’t be considered. We would go into existence. It’s taking the likes of Stockport and Wrexham a lot of money just to try and get back into the league. Some other clubs in the National league Frey are properly run.

We are no better than last season and with this bunch of clueless idiots running the club we may not have a choice, if not this season then next.

I assume that is ironic.

What possible pleasure would there be in going to watch Walsall at a load of non-league stadiums? There are quite a few grounds I would love to see Walsall play at, but none of them are currently hosting teams in the conference. The only thing more miserable for a Walsall supporter than watching them lose at the Banks’s is watching lose them at some other crap ground with even worse facilities.

But the issue is that those at boardroom level will go at some point and then it’ll be up to us to pick up the pieces if we even have a club left if we were to get relegated.
There are bigger clubs than us that have struggled to even finish mid table in the conference and when teams like Bristol went down they threw money at the team to get up just like Salford did and what Stockport are doing now which is something we as a club could never do

1 Like

There would be no great reset here.

It would the death knell, we would never get back up.

1 Like

Just look at the effort our rivals go to

5 Likes

Our lot book a burger van for outside the ground and think they’ve earned their salaries.

5 Likes