Wpm meetings discontinued

I don’t understand why Pomlett seems so against the supporters groups asking questions once every few months, but then does an hour long, off the bat q&a video with Walsall Fan TV answering the same questions the WPM would ask :smile:

9 Likes

Is it cos we’re an inconvenient nuisance, who know FA about running a football club, and like to try and make the board accountable when we should all just shut up and put up, and show deference to our betters Tone?

4 Likes

So us fans do have something in common with the board of directors then?

Dont like getting asked what people want to know by the likes of DH forever when in the past its been tea and biscuits and creeping to try and get on the board.arseholes

1 Like

Hes doing a great job according to Pomser.

The WPMs haven’t been great since we all realised just how much the club like to keep things hidden and change so much of the wording, that said it is an opportunity for fans to ask questions and hold people to account.
This is not a good look for Pomlett.

4 Likes

How can we ask him if he cares? :laughing: :wink:

1 Like

He’ll blame Covid

The one thing i have learned from LP since he has been at the helm of Walsall is the fact that having money doesn’t bring you respect, and doesn’t necessarily mean you know what you are doing.

1 Like

Imo he has no time for Fan groups especially ISSA, he can’t find time to attend a wpm and sends the SLO who can’t answer the questions asked of him (how many season tickets sales for example) yet few days later takes time out to answer questions from Walsall fans tv for over an hour including questions that weren’t answered at the wpm.
In my opinion this was two fingers up to ISSA , the morale of the story is stop asking awkward questions, do as your told and enjoy your cups of tea, Issa send the wrong bloke in DH to accept that, he isn’t afraid to ask what needs asking.

4 Likes

They never, ever learn.

Year after year I cling to the hope we can have a decent season - optimism this year is basically all Flynn.

We’re fcuked though let’s face it with these cretins in charge.

7 Likes

Making a judgment on his capability, professionalism, acumen and whatever other words I can’t think of, he does not come across as someone who possess the necessary skills to have enjoyed an apparently high-level successful career.

He must clearly have more about him than me in terms of a career and associated rewards, but I’m really scratching my head about how he has achieved it, or is his mojo in decline and he’s lost the skills that he used to have?

We don’t hear much from Mr Mole these days for some reason. Perhaps he’s being given the luxury of time to maximise the results of the management of his remit. Is so, it’s really reaping rewards isn’t it?

3 Likes

No more ‘beer and sandwiches’ with the hoi polloi. Can see what he means about how the scope has drifted over time, and while it’s an interesting way to find out this change of direction, I don’t know what was said at the personal meeting LP arranged to say this face to face - maybe someone from the Trust can inform us on that - but there must have been a reason to want to convey this info to the groups involved.

2 Likes

imPrOvED COmmUniCaTiOn

1 Like

Since the minute fiasco they had become pretty meaningless. Fielding the SLO is like a train line with only one station. You can travel up and down a bit but you get precisely nowhere.

This board hasn’t changed. Apart from replacing Jeff with Jeff’s old accountant that is.

They’ve made a mess of running the club for nearly a decade and a half. Presented with a golden opportunity in the middle of that - which they blew spectacularly.

None of it bares scrutiny. The answer is obviously to remove the scrutiny rather than fix stuff. Stuff they have thousands of willing volunteers to help with.

The fans forums, if they are worth a dime, need a moderator now. And that moderator can’t be the SLO as in interactions with fan groups it is obvious which side of the table he sits. That moderator should segment the meetings into a few broad topics and go deep. Otherwise they too are meaningless as the lack of structure enables them to skim over stuff as the chat lurches aimlessly from one topic to another.

10 Likes

Great points. Also essential that we’re given more than a few days notice of future forums and that they take place at a time when most working fans can attend.

1 Like

I’d take anything this clubs says or does with a lorry load of salt. It either won’t happen or if it does it will be a monumental balls up, that is the modus operandi.

Issue with the fans forums are that they have started to make them difficult to attend ……………… Pomser and the babes at it again

3 Likes

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if the fans forum meetings turned into a ‘submit your questions before’ and Tom Heslop will ask hand-picked questions on stage, whilst the rest sit on a sofa.

3 Likes

TheRedPrince,
Is it cos we’re an inconvenient nuisance, who know FA about running a football club, and like to try and make the board accountable when we should all just shut up and put up, and show deference to our betters Tone?

You’re exactly right. It’s not just Walsall fans who feel that way about the people running their club, the majority of supporters across the country do too.

1 Like