Your Club Needs You - 50/50 Draw

Last weekend a couple of Queen Of The South fans held a 50-50 draw to help raise funds for their club.

They raised £3300 of which the club and the winner both received £1650. Their fan base is below 2000 this season.

We have all been busy supporting very deserving charities who have been in real need of help recently but we must also recognise that our football club WALSALL FC, despite running a tight ship is also facing testing times financially.

We at the Trust sent a proposal to the Walsall Football Club Chairman Leigh Pomlett for discussion with other staff members and they have given us their approval to proceed with a similar draw.

The first draw will take place on Saturday 9th May at 3pm

Tickets will be priced at £1 each and there will be no limit to the number of tickets you can buy.

The cut off time to buy tickets will be midday on Saturday 9th May

A list of names and numbers will be published prior to the draw.

This initial draw is very much a trial and should it be successful we will look to run another draw a month later and beyond until normal football has resumed.

This draw is not intended to replace any fund raising activities by the club and will cease as soon as normal football is resumed.

It is just a small way that we can all help while the club has restricted income due to the Corona virus.

To purchase tickets please contact RAY DALE either by e mail to [email protected] or by text /telephone on 07806 778018 and he will advise you how to pay for your tickets.

3 Likes

Excellent idea WST,I would look upon it more as a donation to the club,so maybe it could be 80% - 20% in favour of the club?

Until Bonser stops taking his rent I do not want to put any money into his pocket. If a rent break is announced I am happy to do something like this. I’ve also seen other clubs have a ‘home match’ where they sell tickets to a blank match (with an associated prize raffle).

2 Likes

Can’t believe some people on UTS,someone puts forward a suggestion that could net the club a few desperately needed pounds,it gets a couple of replies,ask people if they like Marmite and they’re tripping over themselves to post a reply.Is it because people have got issues with the people who have proposed it,if it is,then surely they deserve some sort of recognition for this.

1 Like

I’ve emailed my willingness to sign up.

Spot on, i don’t know how other fans are faring with money while this corona virus situation is carrying on, but i retired in december and haven’t seen a penny until my pension pays out, god knows when that will be? and my wife hasn’t even been paid since february, and to think we have a money grabbing millionaire STILL taking his cut from a struggling business is astounding, so until HE shows some generosity then it’s a step to far for me.

2 Likes

Emailed for details.

I phoned earlier this afternoon. Count me in, anything that helps keep the club going is okay with me.

I will take 10 when they are available ( don’t seem to be yet ) .

Apparently need the go ahead from Walsall Council Licencing Authority first.

Email sent but I don’t have PayPal so hoping bank transfer is OK.

I can understand people’s issues with the landlord but making sure we have a football club in a few weeks is important to me, however people may well be finding it difficult to make ends meet atm. Registered my interest.

1 Like

I have registered my interest.

All,

Tickets are now available to purchase.

They are £1 each.

For anyone wanting tickets they are available from Ray via the email address/telephone number above.

For anyone wanting to purchase online they can do so by using PayPal - please ensure you use friends/family option and state your name in the notes when purchasing.

Ticket sales will close at midday on Saturday 9th May.

A full list of names and numbers will be supplied after the closing window.

Good luck everyone.

I wish I could support this but I honestly can’t bring myself to do it.

I wonder how this is going. I hope it works as it will help the club out

We have had a promising start.

4 Likes

Here’s the clubs article on the draw.

1 Like

Just four days left to buy your tickets, don’t miss out.

(Currently) one lucky fan will win in excess of £300.

If only the Trust hadn’t alienated all the other supporter groups…

3 Likes