Oldham at home-Whitney's last stand?

The main area for messages about any current Walsall topics, players past and present, or any other topical matter which may be of interest to Walsall supporters. Opinions expressed are those of the individual posters and not those of the website owner.
Forum rules
No swearing. No text speak. Don't avoid the swear filter.
Walsallone
UTS Legend

Re: Oldham at home-Whitney's last stand?

Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:43 pm

Well after today I am much more optimistic because the lads at the back look to be good players. If we can sign a couple of forwards as mentioned by RG in the programme we may do better than we all thought!!

Welsh_Saddler
Site Addict

Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:33 pm

BathSaddler wrote:As I've said on another thread, the attendance tomorrow is going to be interesting. The overall online sales are comfortably down on last season, 24 hours before the game. I know this because I tend to scan them on a regular basis and estimate sales as being around 700 less than they were for the average home match last season.

It does not matter if season ticket sales have increased or not, because the take-up of those who are not ST holders appears to be very poor indeed.

Let's wait and see what the crowd figure actually is, but I'm expecting it to be quite low in comparison to the last couple of years (around 4,000).

Attendance 4,419

coop63
Glitterati

Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:39 am

Welsh_Saddler wrote:
BathSaddler wrote:As I've said on another thread, the attendance tomorrow is going to be interesting. The overall online sales are comfortably down on last season, 24 hours before the game. I know this because I tend to scan them on a regular basis and estimate sales as being around 700 less than they were for the average home match last season.

It does not matter if season ticket sales have increased or not, because the take-up of those who are not ST holders appears to be very poor indeed.

Let's wait and see what the crowd figure actually is, but I'm expecting it to be quite low in comparison to the last couple of years (around 4,000).

Attendance 4,419

Probably around what was expected but low for an opener it has to be said

BathSaddler
Site Addict

Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:42 am

coop63 wrote:
Welsh_Saddler wrote:

Attendance 4,419

It was slightly higher than I thought it would be, but once you take out the 600 or so away fans (not seen an official number, but that's my estimate), it was probably the lowest 'home' Saturday crowd for a couple of years.

Ancient Moaner
Site Addict

Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:39 pm

Walsallone wrote:Well after today I am much more optimistic because the lads at the back look to be good players. If we can sign a couple of forwards as mentioned by RG in the programme we may do better than we all thought!!

But it's all talk, much as I welcome 3 points, I'd be genuinely happier if those two numpties up front were jettisoned for some fresh faces who know where the net is, we will find it hard to exist with narrow 2-1 home wins against true relegation favourites like Oldham, and relying on midfielders & defenders for our goal tally. What a miss was that from Jackson?

moaning saddler
Glitterati

Location: Taking Back Control - Bescot Market or a Single Market? Decisions, decisions...

Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:47 pm

Ancient Moaner wrote:
Walsallone wrote:Well after today I am much more optimistic because the lads at the back look to be good players. If we can sign a couple of forwards as mentioned by RG in the programme we may do better than we all thought!!

But it's all talk, much as I welcome 3 points, I'd be genuinely happier if those two numpties up front were jettisoned for some fresh faces who know where the net is, we will find it hard to exist with narrow 2-1 home wins against true relegation favourites like Oldham, and relying on midfielders & defenders for our goal tally. What a miss was that from Jackson?

Err...I think you mean Bakayoko.

UTS Legend

Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:30 pm

moaning saddler wrote:
Ancient Moaner wrote:

Err...I think you mean Bakayoko.

Kept on getting offside. Easy to confuse the two.

Ancient Moaner
Site Addict

Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:34 pm

Apologies :oops: Yes of course I meant Baky....any more interest from Hibs? Pleeease? However, if he was being watched on Saturday, they wouldn't even employ him to clean their bogs!

SoccerHQ
Site Addict

Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:27 pm

BathSaddler wrote:
coop63 wrote:
Welsh_Saddler wrote:

Attendance 4,419

It was slightly higher than I thought it would be, but once you take out the 600 or so away fans (not seen an official number, but that's my estimate), it was probably the lowest 'home' Saturday crowd for a couple of years.

As a comparison season opener also v Oldham in 2015 had an attendance of 5 009.

chriss5471
UTS Veteran

Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:16 pm

SoccerHQ wrote:
BathSaddler wrote:
coop63 wrote:
Welsh_Saddler wrote:

Attendance 4,419

As a comparison season opener also v Oldham in 2015 had an attendance of 5 009.

In fairness that was very first game of the season and didn't have an away game like Bury and a performance that put people off the first home game. If we recruit a couple of players now we are heading in a better direction (I won't say right direction as I don't like this change of style at all). Let's just hope the Flo chat is nothing more than just that, chat!

Previous
Return to All about Walsall