Poll: Whitney, In or Out?

The main area for messages about any current Walsall topics, players past and present, or any other topical matter which may be of interest to Walsall supporters. Opinions expressed are those of the individual posters and not those of the website owner.
Forum rules
No swearing. No text speak. Don't avoid the swear filter.

Whitney, In or Out

IN
29%
OUT
64%
STAFFLERS
8%

Total votes : 66
IHTC.
Site Addict

Re: Poll: Whitney, In or Out?

Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:23 am

El_Nombre wrote:
IHTC. wrote:That cassius camp malarkey did us the world of good

Thought it might be responsible for this and not the comebacks against Bradford and Oldham...

The Bradford game where we found ourselves 3 nil down at Home?

Let's all clap together.

El_Nombre
UTS Veteran

Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:26 am

IHTC. wrote:
El_Nombre wrote:

Thought it might be responsible for this and not the comebacks against Bradford and Oldham...

Let's all clap together.

Yep, and then came back. Fitness probably had something to do with that no?

scott_powell
Site Addict

Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:42 am

Tyler Roberts and a formation change had a lot to do with that Bradford comeback, not the Cassius Camp.

EvenFlow
UTS Veteran

Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:46 am

BigSillyFool wrote:Only problem then is who do we get in? They're going to have to be cheap and willing to come despite the way the club is run and the only name I can come up with is Dean Keates. I live in the Wrexham area for my sins and whilst most of the folks round here are Liverpool or Man U fans the couple of Wrexham fans I know speak pretty well of him. I know he's green as goose poop as a manager but is an experienced manager going to come to us given the sort of wages (once JW is paid up I can't see Jeff offering the big bucks) and transfer budget we can offer? I suppose there is always the drawing power of the top class training facilities...

As long as he keeps his copy book moderately clean- Moyes at Everton style- I've thought from the day he was appointed at Wrexham that it's pretty likely Deano will be in the Bescot dugout one day.

In the immediate future though- mucking in at Cov as interim assistant... surely we'd be able to turn Adi Viveash's head.

El_Nombre
UTS Veteran

Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:59 am

scott_powell wrote:Tyler Roberts and a formation change had a lot to do with that Bradford comeback, not the Cassius Camp.

Yes it had no positives and all negatives. Sweet.

IHTC.
Site Addict

Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:00 pm

El_Nombre wrote:
IHTC. wrote:
El_Nombre wrote:

Let's all clap together.

Don't think Bristol Rivers had the experience the cassius camp can offer yet played with 10 men for the last 20 mins and still won.

Clap.

El_Nombre
UTS Veteran

Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:02 pm

IHTC. wrote:
El_Nombre wrote:
IHTC. wrote:
El_Nombre wrote:

Let's all clap together.

Don't think Bristol Rivers had the experience the cassius camp can offer yet played with 10 men for the last 20 mins and still won.

Clap.

Still didn't answer the question. And How you can use "clap" (that utterly pointless thing to call somebody anyway) in a thread where they have called for the managers head and have been for over a year now is hilarious.

The Rovers game where we conceded because we were pushing and pushing for an equalizer?

scott_powell
Site Addict

Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:05 pm

El_Nombre wrote:
scott_powell wrote:Tyler Roberts and a formation change had a lot to do with that Bradford comeback, not the Cassius Camp.

I have literally stated on multiple occasions that the camp has no impact negative or positive. I just thought it was a waste of time which has clearly been proven by recent results.

I can see you're trying to start again so let's leave it at that. Cheers

El_Nombre
UTS Veteran

Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:06 pm

scott_powell wrote:
El_Nombre wrote:

I have literally stated on multiple occasions that the camp has no impact negative or positive. I just thought it was a waste of time which has clearly been proven by recent results.

And I think you are wrong and have stated so on many occasions. Cheers.

scott_powell
Site Addict

Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:14 pm

El_Nombre wrote:
scott_powell wrote:
El_Nombre wrote:

And I think you are wrong and have stated so on many occasions. Cheers.

Okay good!

IHTC.
Site Addict

Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:31 pm

Do you not realise I am calling you, just you a happy clapper?

By your assumption the cassius camp helped us comeback from 3 down yet when we came up against 10 men for the last 20 mins part of the game it had no baring on the game as it was a tactical error, so in other words whatever suits your argument?

If you're happy.............

p.s sorry not just you but the 3 other 'drunks' who voted IN

El_Nombre
UTS Veteran

Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:34 pm

IHTC. wrote:Do you not realise I am calling you, just you a happy clapper?

By your assumption the cassius camp helped us comeback from 3 down yet when we came up against 10 men for the last 20 mins part of the game it had no baring on the game as it was a tactical error, so in other words whatever suits your argument?

If you're happy.............

Yes hence my comment? How can you be a happy clapper in a thread where you state you have been calling for the managers head for over a year lol have a read. Me, just me.

Actually you are right. It probably was a fitness camp that made Donnellan pass that ball to the Rovers attacker after we mullered them for 45 minutes.

You've edited your comment now, I voted out lol.

scott_powell
Site Addict

Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:43 pm

El_Nombre
UTS Veteran

Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:44 pm

scott_powell wrote:Image

"I can see you're trying to start again so let's leave it at that. Cheers"

scott_powell
Site Addict

Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:46 pm

El_Nombre wrote:

If you can't see this as a bit of lighthearted fun then you need to re-evaluate your life. Get a grip man :roll:

El_Nombre
UTS Veteran

Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:49 pm

scott_powell wrote:
El_Nombre wrote:

If you can't see this as a bit of lighthearted fun then you need to re-evaluate your life. Get a grip man :roll:

Oh yeah that's right, only you can make "jokes".
Last edited by El_Nombre on Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

scott_powell
Site Addict

Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:50 pm

:lol: Oh dear.

tinned
Site Addict

Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:01 pm

Right lads, time to bring tis bickering to an end!

I enjoy reading 2 (or more) posters involved in a long-winded discussion about any subject (WFC related or not), but it needs to rise above the playground name calling of this, and other, threads.

I'm one of the more forgiving mods but if this immature I-want-to-have-the-last-word posting continues then further action may be required.

scott_powell
Site Addict

Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:05 pm

tinned wrote:Right lads, time to bring tis bickering to an end!

I enjoy reading 2 (or more) posters involved in a long-winded discussion about any subject (WFC related or not), but it needs to rise above the playground name calling of this, and other, threads.

I'm one of the more forgiving mods but if this immature I-want-to-have-the-last-word posting continues then further action may be required.

Okay boss :D

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:27 pm

Bristol Fan wrote: little highs punctuating awful lows

Yeah, but can he do the fandango?

giglee

Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:51 pm

There was a point last year, just before we played Sheffield that was similar to now, with upcoming difficult games and everyone wanting Whitney out. We won that game 4-1 and took 22 points from the next 12 games. We have a better squad than last year.

A similar reaction can occur and that's why I'm Whitney in for now.

chunkster
Site Addict

Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:32 pm

So he has said in the E&S that last nights result has made him sick to the stomach, well here's one for you John, try "PAYING" to watch it and then tell us how you feel :| because at the moment you are getting "PAID" to watch it :|

Wragbyred
Glitterati

Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:39 pm

EvenFlow wrote:
BigSillyFool wrote:Only problem then is who do we get in? They're going to have to be cheap and willing to come despite the way the club is run and the only name I can come up with is Dean Keates. I live in the Wrexham area for my sins and whilst most of the folks round here are Liverpool or Man U fans the couple of Wrexham fans I know speak pretty well of him. I know he's green as goose poop as a manager but is an experienced manager going to come to us given the sort of wages (once JW is paid up I can't see Jeff offering the big bucks) and transfer budget we can offer? I suppose there is always the drawing power of the top class training facilities...

As long as he keeps his copy book moderately clean- Moyes at Everton style- I've thought from the day he was appointed at Wrexham that it's pretty likely Deano will be in the Bescot dugout one day.

In the immediate future though- mucking in at Cov as interim assistant... surely we'd be able to turn Adi Viveash's head.

Viveash is at Coventry? Jesus hes had a fall since Chelsea?

scott_powell
Site Addict

Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:48 pm

I'd take Viveash in a heartbeat.

El_Nombre
UTS Veteran

Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:00 pm

scott_powell wrote:I'd take Viveash in a heartbeat.

............ so would I........... :wink:

I seem to remember reading somewhere at the time that he has a release clause in his contract for a managers job offer too, not that we would spend the money to trigger it.

DonningtonSaddler
UTS Legend

Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:05 pm

philthesaddler wrote:I said in close season that we had to give him a clean slate for this season.

On that basis, I don't think it's quite Whitney-out time yet, but it's certainly not a good start is it? Won only 2 of 7 in the league, conceding an average of 2 a game.

For me, he gets 10 games, so he's got 3 to sort it out - he really needs to show that he's learning in the next three games, that includes:

- No more than 2 goals conceded in the next 3 games.
- Minimum of 4 points from the 3 games

Otherwise, I'm sorry, it's time to go Jon.

I agree with Phil. Next three games are crucial. There cannot be another repeat of last nights first half.

saddlertd
UTS Veteran

Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:20 pm

SoccerHQ wrote:
Larryhaggler1 wrote:I wonder what James oconnor and Preston make of the amount of goals we have conceded already this season ?

I cannot stand the JW sound bites - yesterday's and earlier today "we are ready to bounce back from Bristol defeat" and use it as motivation !

Christ Jon a complete non performance of any level in the 1st half today, what happened to the 'making teams fight for every single point" and "the energy of team cannot be faulted"

I hope it's a one off but I fear it's another non performing team you have assembled

Maybe the players just aren't that good?

Certainly the defensive unit is the weakest in about 5 years. Gillespie dosen't have the match winning ability Etheridge have even if he hasn't been too bad so far, the two full backs are o.k but again not of the standard of Rico/Taylor or Demetriou, Guthrie is a bog standard lower league 1/2 centre half. Wilson I think is a good defender but he's not better than J O'C.

If your defensive unit is weaker then you need to score more goals to compensate. I do like some of his attacking signings but there is little midfield creativity if Ozzy is marked out of the game as he is in away games.

But if Ozzy was as good as we often say he is, he wouldn't be marked out of games so easily. One of the reasons we play 3 at the back is so we can shoe-horn Ozzy into central midfield. It's time to play 4-4-2 - we're just too open in midfield (especially wide) with 3-4-1-2. I'd tell Ozzy he's playing left-midfield and just get on with it. My team for Saturday would be: Gillespie - Devlin, Wilson, Guthrie, Leahy - Ismail, Edwards, Cuvelier, Oztumer - Agyei, Roberts. Let's surprise Posh and attack from the start.

El_Nombre
UTS Veteran

Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:48 pm

saddlertd wrote:
SoccerHQ wrote:
Larryhaggler1 wrote:I wonder what James oconnor and Preston make of the amount of goals we have conceded already this season ?

I cannot stand the JW sound bites - yesterday's and earlier today "we are ready to bounce back from Bristol defeat" and use it as motivation !

Christ Jon a complete non performance of any level in the 1st half today, what happened to the 'making teams fight for every single point" and "the energy of team cannot be faulted"

I hope it's a one off but I fear it's another non performing team you have assembled

Certainly the defensive unit is the weakest in about 5 years. Gillespie dosen't have the match winning ability Etheridge have even if he hasn't been too bad so far, the two full backs are o.k but again not of the standard of Rico/Taylor or Demetriou, Guthrie is a bog standard lower league 1/2 centre half. Wilson I think is a good defender but he's not better than J O'C.

If your defensive unit is weaker then you need to score more goals to compensate. I do like some of his attacking signings but there is little midfield creativity if Ozzy is marked out of the game as he is in away games.

But if Ozzy was as good as we often say he is, he wouldn't be marked out of games so easily. One of the reasons we play 3 at the back is so we can shoe-horn Ozzy into central midfield. It's time to play 4-4-2 - we're just too open in midfield (especially wide) with 3-4-1-2. I'd tell Ozzy he's playing left-midfield and just get on with it. My team for Saturday would be: Gillespie - Devlin, Wilson, Guthrie, Leahy - Ismail, Edwards, Cuvelier, Oztumer - Agyei, Roberts. Let's surprise Posh and attack from the start.

Every single team we play single him out as our main threat. There is a reason for that.

He's played in 442 without "shoving him out wide", he'd be completely ineffective out there.

Ancient Moaner
Site Addict

Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:02 pm

saddlertd wrote:
SoccerHQ wrote:

Problem is, we never do, other teams do, they have all sussed us out that we only come to a modicum of mediocre life in the second half's. Look at recent matches.....Bradford 3 goals, Brizzle 2 goals (who were beaten at home last night by Oldham!) Rovrum 4 goals....................any manager should see there is a pattern there?
We have to learn to wake up before the second half begins, when we are usually beyond saving.

Welsh_Saddler
Site Addict

Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:05 pm

tinned wrote:Right lads, time to bring tis bickering to an end!

Totally agree - I have deleted a stack of posts from the Rotherham game thread, all containing playground yah-boo insults and unfounded accusations. Let it stop, please.

PreviousNext
Return to All about Walsall