Manager of the month november !!!

The main area for messages about any current Walsall topics, players past and present, or any other topical matter which may be of interest to Walsall supporters. Opinions expressed are those of the individual posters and not those of the website owner.
Forum rules
No swearing. No text speak. Don't avoid the swear filter.
El_Nombre
Glitterati

Re: Manager of the month november !!!

Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:09 am

scott_powell wrote:
El_Nombre wrote:
scott_powell wrote:I don't care if he's the owner or a cleaner. He's representing the club and should act accordingly just like a till person would be representing the store they work for.

Again, what he said was not as bad as people are making out. Massive over reaction for sure ... but don't insult the fans intelligence and create a further divide.

You clearly have no idea how a business works then. It's not just about saying "Yes sir, thank you sir, three bags full sir".

If you were to say half the stuff that gets posted at Walsall staff and players from Twitter to staff at most places of work you'd be asked to take your business elsewhere. That's the real world. So the very least is taking a bit back. Especially if what he said wasn't that bad anyway.

I think you'll find I do. I see analysis of different businesses customer service daily so understand how workers should act. Walsall FC will talk to him about it, I absolutely guarantee that. It'll be a "Just watch what your saying" kind of thing.

Do you now. And you think that's good customer service do you? "Yes sir, thank you sir, three bags full sir"? In my experience that is letting a client walk all over you. Try it, walk into Sainsburys. Say what ever you feel like to the till girl and let me know how that one works out for you.

Yeah they will, because most football fans aren't like other customers, there a bunch of tribal, reactionary people who think just because they pay 20 quid they can sit there and shout abuse at whoever whenever they feel like it, never mind on twitter afterwards.

Mazza01
UTS Legend

Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:16 am

Trying to wind up the people who pay his wages was rather a silly and ill judged idea if ever there was one.

I can guarantee you the club talk to him about it.

El_Nombre
Glitterati

Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:19 am

Mazza01 wrote:Trying to wind up the people who pay his wages was rather a silly and ill judged idea if ever there was one.

I can guarantee you the club talk to him about it.

Oh yeah, the "we pay their wages" thing again.

No you don't. You pay to watch a game of football. Not dictate what people do or do not say on Twitter.

Hilarious that football fans give and give and give it but the moment they get a little bit back the dummies fly out the pram.

Like I said, if a physio posting something on twitter is going to make you "stop paying their wages" then you are a fickle fan anyway, and if it isn't it's not a big deal to begin with.

scott_powell
Site Addict

Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:20 am

El_Nombre wrote:
scott_powell wrote:
El_Nombre wrote:
scott_powell wrote:I don't care if he's the owner or a cleaner. He's representing the club and should act accordingly just like a till person would be representing the store they work for.

Again, what he said was not as bad as people are making out. Massive over reaction for sure ... but don't insult the fans intelligence and create a further divide.

You clearly have no idea how a business works then. It's not just about saying "Yes sir, thank you sir, three bags full sir".

If you were to say half the stuff that gets posted at Walsall staff and players from Twitter to staff at most places of work you'd be asked to take your business elsewhere. That's the real world. So the very least is taking a bit back. Especially if what he said wasn't that bad anyway.

I think you'll find I do. I see analysis of different businesses customer service daily so understand how workers should act. Walsall FC will talk to him about it, I absolutely guarantee that. It'll be a "Just watch what your saying" kind of thing.

Do you now. And you think that's good customer service do you? "Yes sir, thank you sir, three bags full sir"? In my experience that is letting a client walk all over you. Try it, walk into Sainsburys. Say what ever you feel like to the till girl and let me know how that one works out for you.

Yeah they will, because most football fans aren't like other customers, there a bunch of tribal, reactionary people who think just because they pay 20 quid they can sit there and shout abuse at whoever whenever they feel like it, never mind on twitter afterwards.

And I think what is good customer service? I never even mentioned anything :roll:

Please don't try and educate me on a field I work in please. Thanks.

El_Nombre
Glitterati

Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:21 am

scott_powell wrote:
El_Nombre wrote:
scott_powell wrote:
El_Nombre wrote:

And I think what is good customer service? I never even mentioned anything :roll:

Please don't try and educate me on a field I work in please. Thanks.

No I know you didn't, I asked you, directly, there, in big black letters. :roll:

Just clarifying, which this does abundantly. Cheers. Not sure where I tried to educate you.

Exile
Jobsworth

Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:58 am

Topic locked. El Nombre, Scott Powell: agree to disagree and stop your pissy point scoring. It's boring, repetitive and adds no value to any discussion.

Previous
Return to All about Walsall