We Am

The main area for messages about any current Walsall topics, players past and present, or any other topical matter which may be of interest to Walsall supporters. Opinions expressed are those of the individual posters and not those of the website owner.
Forum rules
No swearing. No text speak. Don't avoid the swear filter.
El_Nombre
UTS Legend
 
Posts: 1390
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:15 am
Location: Next to Big Curly

Re: We Am

Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:20 pm

chestersaddler wrote:
El_Nombre wrote:What isn't the best of reasons? to manage the club he played for over 200 times when the opportunity comes? 2 divisions higher than the club he proved himself at as a manager?

Unless you are insinuating that he knew he would take us down and took the job anyway? Which is completely ridiculous considering A) You'd need to be in a mental asylum to do that and B) it's still in our hands anyway.


No, I am not insinuating that at all, quite the opposite. I imagine the subject of our L1 status would have been uppermost in Bonser's mind at the interview and that Keates would have convinced him that he was the man to preserve it.

I posed the question, "Why did he take the job" (if he thought that we were doomed) and was replying to your assertion that, quote: "Because the sacking had already happened and he wouldn't get the chance if he waited until the end of the season?" - that would not be a good reason in itself.

I agree that it is in our (and his) hands and has been since he arrived.


But what I'm saying to you above goes hand in hand with that reason. If he'd waited until the end of the season he wouldn't have got that opportunity. Unless you want me to list all the positives to managing a football club. "In itself" is a singular term you are applying to an opportunity that has multiple benefits.

User avatar
chestersaddler
Site Addict
 
Posts: 10176
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:21 am
Location: Europe

Re: We Am

Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:34 pm

El_Nombre wrote:
chestersaddler wrote:
El_Nombre wrote:What isn't the best of reasons? to manage the club he played for over 200 times when the opportunity comes? 2 divisions higher than the club he proved himself at as a manager?

Unless you are insinuating that he knew he would take us down and took the job anyway? Which is completely ridiculous considering A) You'd need to be in a mental asylum to do that and B) it's still in our hands anyway.


No, I am not insinuating that at all, quite the opposite. I imagine the subject of our L1 status would have been uppermost in Bonser's mind at the interview and that Keates would have convinced him that he was the man to preserve it.

I posed the question, "Why did he take the job" (if he thought that we were doomed) and was replying to your assertion that, quote: "Because the sacking had already happened and he wouldn't get the chance if he waited until the end of the season?" - that would not be a good reason in itself.

I agree that it is in our (and his) hands and has been since he arrived.


But what I'm saying to you above goes hand in hand with that reason. If he'd waited until the end of the season he wouldn't have got that opportunity. Unless you want me to list all the positives to managing a football club. "In itself" is a singular term you are applying to an opportunity that has multiple benefits.


Not disagreeing with the reasons that Keates took the job. He would have believed that he would keep us up and I imagine that would be his one and only objective for this season from Bonser, therefore if we go down he will have failed to meet that objective.
Bonser could have stuck with Whitney (unlikely with all the noise being made and the freehold issue returning like a bad smell) or put Sharps in charge until the end of the season and appoint then. He chose Keates at the point that he did, not for next season but for the job in hand this season - staying in this league.

User avatar
funk_hits_the_fan
UTS Legend
 
Posts: 1380
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2005 5:27 pm
Location: Birmingham

Re: We Am

Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:45 pm

chestersaddler wrote:
El_Nombre wrote:
chestersaddler wrote:
El_Nombre wrote:What isn't the best of reasons? to manage the club he played for over 200 times when the opportunity comes? 2 divisions higher than the club he proved himself at as a manager?

Unless you are insinuating that he knew he would take us down and took the job anyway? Which is completely ridiculous considering A) You'd need to be in a mental asylum to do that and B) it's still in our hands anyway.


No, I am not insinuating that at all, quite the opposite. I imagine the subject of our L1 status would have been uppermost in Bonser's mind at the interview and that Keates would have convinced him that he was the man to preserve it.

I posed the question, "Why did he take the job" (if he thought that we were doomed) and was replying to your assertion that, quote: "Because the sacking had already happened and he wouldn't get the chance if he waited until the end of the season?" - that would not be a good reason in itself.

I agree that it is in our (and his) hands and has been since he arrived.


But what I'm saying to you above goes hand in hand with that reason. If he'd waited until the end of the season he wouldn't have got that opportunity. Unless you want me to list all the positives to managing a football club. "In itself" is a singular term you are applying to an opportunity that has multiple benefits.


Not disagreeing with the reasons that Keates took the job. He would have believed that he would keep us up and I imagine that would be his one and only objective for this season from Bonser, therefore if we go down he will have failed to meet that objective.
Bonser could have stuck with Whitney (unlikely with all the noise being made and the freehold issue returning like a bad smell) or put Sharps in charge until the end of the season and appoint then. He chose Keates at the point that he did, not for next season but for the job in hand this season - staying in this league.


The one reason Bonser appointed Keates is season ticket sales. There is no other reason.

Mazza01
UTS Legend
 
Posts: 1719
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:52 pm

Re: We Am

Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:45 pm

scott_powell wrote:I blame the Cassius Camp. What a waste of time that was.

:mrgreen:


I agree with Scott , it was life changing alright as a number of these players have never experienced relegation :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
brummie saddler
Site Addict
 
Posts: 3175
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:31 am
Location: erdington, birmingham/ wednesbury

Re: We Am

Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:54 pm

aaaae wrote:
chestersaddler wrote:1. Why shouldn't the new manager be held to account for the games he takes charge of?

It's like saying why shouldn't a boxer be held to account for losing a fight where he has one hand tied behind his back?


when your 2-0 up with half the game left and to end up losing you have to take blame.

User avatar
chestersaddler
Site Addict
 
Posts: 10176
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:21 am
Location: Europe

Re: We Am

Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:55 pm

funk_hits_the_fan wrote:
chestersaddler wrote:
El_Nombre wrote:
chestersaddler wrote:
El_Nombre wrote:What isn't the best of reasons? to manage the club he played for over 200 times when the opportunity comes? 2 divisions higher than the club he proved himself at as a manager?

Unless you are insinuating that he knew he would take us down and took the job anyway? Which is completely ridiculous considering A) You'd need to be in a mental asylum to do that and B) it's still in our hands anyway.


No, I am not insinuating that at all, quite the opposite. I imagine the subject of our L1 status would have been uppermost in Bonser's mind at the interview and that Keates would have convinced him that he was the man to preserve it.

I posed the question, "Why did he take the job" (if he thought that we were doomed) and was replying to your assertion that, quote: "Because the sacking had already happened and he wouldn't get the chance if he waited until the end of the season?" - that would not be a good reason in itself.

I agree that it is in our (and his) hands and has been since he arrived.


But what I'm saying to you above goes hand in hand with that reason. If he'd waited until the end of the season he wouldn't have got that opportunity. Unless you want me to list all the positives to managing a football club. "In itself" is a singular term you are applying to an opportunity that has multiple benefits.


Not disagreeing with the reasons that Keates took the job. He would have believed that he would keep us up and I imagine that would be his one and only objective for this season from Bonser, therefore if we go down he will have failed to meet that objective.
Bonser could have stuck with Whitney (unlikely with all the noise being made and the freehold issue returning like a bad smell) or put Sharps in charge until the end of the season and appoint then. He chose Keates at the point that he did, not for next season but for the job in hand this season - staying in this league.


The one reason Bonser appointed Keates is season ticket sales. There is no other reason.


You used to be a beacon of optimism Funk :D

It is an interesting contention though. I reckon that diehard ST holders would renew anyhow, and the less so would wait to see which league we would be playing in before committing.
Given that everyone knows that we have the worse team in 10/20/50/300 years* and will almost certainly fall straight through to the Evostick league, then I can't quite see why Keates appointment would get them flying off the shelves.


*delete as appropriate
Last edited by chestersaddler on Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

El_Nombre
UTS Legend
 
Posts: 1390
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:15 am
Location: Next to Big Curly

Re: We Am

Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:56 pm

funk_hits_the_fan wrote:
chestersaddler wrote:
El_Nombre wrote:
chestersaddler wrote:
El_Nombre wrote:What isn't the best of reasons? to manage the club he played for over 200 times when the opportunity comes? 2 divisions higher than the club he proved himself at as a manager?

Unless you are insinuating that he knew he would take us down and took the job anyway? Which is completely ridiculous considering A) You'd need to be in a mental asylum to do that and B) it's still in our hands anyway.


No, I am not insinuating that at all, quite the opposite. I imagine the subject of our L1 status would have been uppermost in Bonser's mind at the interview and that Keates would have convinced him that he was the man to preserve it.

I posed the question, "Why did he take the job" (if he thought that we were doomed) and was replying to your assertion that, quote: "Because the sacking had already happened and he wouldn't get the chance if he waited until the end of the season?" - that would not be a good reason in itself.

I agree that it is in our (and his) hands and has been since he arrived.


But what I'm saying to you above goes hand in hand with that reason. If he'd waited until the end of the season he wouldn't have got that opportunity. Unless you want me to list all the positives to managing a football club. "In itself" is a singular term you are applying to an opportunity that has multiple benefits.


Not disagreeing with the reasons that Keates took the job. He would have believed that he would keep us up and I imagine that would be his one and only objective for this season from Bonser, therefore if we go down he will have failed to meet that objective.
Bonser could have stuck with Whitney (unlikely with all the noise being made and the freehold issue returning like a bad smell) or put Sharps in charge until the end of the season and appoint then. He chose Keates at the point that he did, not for next season but for the job in hand this season - staying in this league.


The one reason Bonser appointed Keates is season ticket sales. There is no other reason.


Well that and the fact the fans wanted him, he did well at Wrexham under the same circumstances on a smaller scale, he gave somebody fresh a chance rather than the same old names on the same old already failed merry go round and people had spent about 18 months calling for Whitney's head.

Jeff Bonsor has a lot of selfish motives and I'm sure season tickets were one of them.

But there is plenty of other reasons too. He hasn't even failed yet and our loyal fanbase has turned on his appointment.

User avatar
chestersaddler
Site Addict
 
Posts: 10176
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:21 am
Location: Europe

Re: We Am

Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:10 pm

El_Nombre wrote: He hasn't even failed yet and our loyal fanbase has turned on his appointment.


It is not unreasonable to expect discussion about the manager on sites such as this ( I don't go on other forms of social media so cannot comment). It was a big call at a crucial stage of the season. Not everyone jizzed at the appointment at the time and there should be no problem with people not conforming to the jizzfest. There is a gulf between reasoned debate and the vitriol aimed at Whitney.

El_Nombre
UTS Legend
 
Posts: 1390
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:15 am
Location: Next to Big Curly

Re: We Am

Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:16 pm

chestersaddler wrote:
El_Nombre wrote: He hasn't even failed yet and our loyal fanbase has turned on his appointment.


It is not unreasonable to expect discussion about the manager on sites such as this ( I don't go on other forms of social media so cannot comment). It was a big call at a crucial stage of the season. Not everyone jizzed at the appointment at the time and there should be no problem with people not conforming to the jizzfest. There is a gulf between reasoned debate and the vitriol aimed at Whitney.


I didn't accuse you of that did I. I don't care what reaction you had when he was appointed, to be already criticising the appointment is ludicrous, whether you were for or against it. Because as I said, he hasn't even failed yet and we are no more than a handful of games in. My point has nothing to do with "conforming" I don't care whether you conformed or not. I'm talking about common sense.

I never said their shouldn't be discussion, I am adding to it.

User avatar
funk_hits_the_fan
UTS Legend
 
Posts: 1380
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2005 5:27 pm
Location: Birmingham

Re: We Am

Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:22 pm

chestersaddler wrote:You used to be a beacon of optimism Funk :D


Due to the unrest I have kept closer scrutiny on our number one fan this year and it has been a real eye-opener. Hard to remain positive when you realise what has been going on at the club for so long.

We could want change until we are blue in the face, whether its atmosphere, manager or chips! The guy will not move until there is the prospect of him being hit in the pocket! His sole aim is to keep the steady flow of cash and has been for many years. He is the master of making small changes that don't hit him in the pocket with the aim to appease in order to keep the status quo.

What has really riled me is fans that hounded JW are now hounding DK, a supposed club legend that would be afforded time, after a month! How many more managers is it going to take before people wake up! How can people be so stupid lol.

User avatar
chestersaddler
Site Addict
 
Posts: 10176
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:21 am
Location: Europe

Re: We Am

Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:24 pm

El_Nombre wrote:
chestersaddler wrote:
El_Nombre wrote: He hasn't even failed yet and our loyal fanbase has turned on his appointment.


It is not unreasonable to expect discussion about the manager on sites such as this ( I don't go on other forms of social media so cannot comment). It was a big call at a crucial stage of the season. Not everyone jizzed at the appointment at the time and there should be no problem with people not conforming to the jizzfest. There is a gulf between reasoned debate and the vitriol aimed at Whitney.


I didn't accuse you of that did I. I don't care what reaction you had when he was appointed, to be already criticising the appointment is ludicrous, whether you were for or against it. Because as I said, he hasn't even failed yet and we are no more than a handful of games in. My point has nothing to do with "conforming" I don't care whether you conformed or not. I'm talking about common sense.

I never said their shouldn't be discussion, I am adding to it.


I haven't criticised the appointment :!: My original point was that any manager taking over a football club is ultimately accountable for the results, something that others , in the case of Keates, disagree with, which is fine.

What is common sense btw - opinions that agree with one's own normally :lol:

Mazza01
UTS Legend
 
Posts: 1719
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:52 pm

Re: We Am

Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:26 pm

chestersaddler wrote:
El_Nombre wrote: He hasn't even failed yet and our loyal fanbase has turned on his appointment.


It is not unreasonable to expect discussion about the manager on sites such as this ( I don't go on other forms of social media so cannot comment). It was a big call at a crucial stage of the season. Not everyone jizzed at the appointment at the time and there should be no problem with people not conforming to the jizzfest. There is a gulf between reasoned debate and the vitriol aimed at Whitney.


Who has turned on keates? I am yet to see it.

What i have seen is a number of Fans question his tactic's on a Football forum , who would of thought it hey!

El_Nombre
UTS Legend
 
Posts: 1390
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:15 am
Location: Next to Big Curly

Re: We Am

Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:29 pm

chestersaddler wrote:
El_Nombre wrote:
chestersaddler wrote:
El_Nombre wrote: He hasn't even failed yet and our loyal fanbase has turned on his appointment.


It is not unreasonable to expect discussion about the manager on sites such as this ( I don't go on other forms of social media so cannot comment). It was a big call at a crucial stage of the season. Not everyone jizzed at the appointment at the time and there should be no problem with people not conforming to the jizzfest. There is a gulf between reasoned debate and the vitriol aimed at Whitney.


I didn't accuse you of that did I. I don't care what reaction you had when he was appointed, to be already criticising the appointment is ludicrous, whether you were for or against it. Because as I said, he hasn't even failed yet and we are no more than a handful of games in. My point has nothing to do with "conforming" I don't care whether you conformed or not. I'm talking about common sense.

I never said their shouldn't be discussion, I am adding to it.


I haven't criticised the appointment :!: My original point was that any manager taking over a football club is ultimately accountable for the results, something that others , in the case of Keates, disagree with, which is fine.

What is common sense btw - opinions that agree with one's own normally :lol:


Not blaming a manager who has had a handful of games to turn things around? Better yet without a transfer window? Or a decent squad even?

I mean, Pep Guardiola would probably struggle with the players he has at the moment. If we go down, I certainly won't be pointing the finger at Keates. There are plenty of names I'd get too before that.

El_Nombre
UTS Legend
 
Posts: 1390
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:15 am
Location: Next to Big Curly

Re: We Am

Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:30 pm

Mazza01 wrote:
chestersaddler wrote:
El_Nombre wrote: He hasn't even failed yet and our loyal fanbase has turned on his appointment.


It is not unreasonable to expect discussion about the manager on sites such as this ( I don't go on other forms of social media so cannot comment). It was a big call at a crucial stage of the season. Not everyone jizzed at the appointment at the time and there should be no problem with people not conforming to the jizzfest. There is a gulf between reasoned debate and the vitriol aimed at Whitney.


Who has turned on keates? I am yet to see it.

What i have seen is a number of Fans question his tactic's on a Football forum , who would of thought it hey!


I haven't seen anybody turn on Keates .... just tons of people criticising him?

User avatar
chestersaddler
Site Addict
 
Posts: 10176
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:21 am
Location: Europe

Re: We Am

Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:38 pm

El_Nombre wrote:
chestersaddler wrote:
El_Nombre wrote:
chestersaddler wrote:
El_Nombre wrote: He hasn't even failed yet and our loyal fanbase has turned on his appointment.


It is not unreasonable to expect discussion about the manager on sites such as this ( I don't go on other forms of social media so cannot comment). It was a big call at a crucial stage of the season. Not everyone jizzed at the appointment at the time and there should be no problem with people not conforming to the jizzfest. There is a gulf between reasoned debate and the vitriol aimed at Whitney.


I didn't accuse you of that did I. I don't care what reaction you had when he was appointed, to be already criticising the appointment is ludicrous, whether you were for or against it. Because as I said, he hasn't even failed yet and we are no more than a handful of games in. My point has nothing to do with "conforming" I don't care whether you conformed or not. I'm talking about common sense.

I never said their shouldn't be discussion, I am adding to it.


I haven't criticised the appointment :!: My original point was that any manager taking over a football club is ultimately accountable for the results, something that others , in the case of Keates, disagree with, which is fine.

What is common sense btw - opinions that agree with one's own normally :lol:


Not blaming a manager who has had a handful of games to turn things around? Better yet without a transfer window? Or a decent squad even?

I mean, Pep Guardiola would probably struggle with the players he has at the moment. If we go down, I certainly won't be pointing the finger at Keates. There are plenty of names I'd get too before that.


I wrote in my original post that the bloke upstairs is to blame. I stick by my view that IF we go down from the position that Keates inherited then he has failed to deliver on his primary objective.

Mazza01
UTS Legend
 
Posts: 1719
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:52 pm

Re: We Am

Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:41 pm

El_Nombre wrote:
Mazza01 wrote:
chestersaddler wrote:
El_Nombre wrote: He hasn't even failed yet and our loyal fanbase has turned on his appointment.


It is not unreasonable to expect discussion about the manager on sites such as this ( I don't go on other forms of social media so cannot comment). It was a big call at a crucial stage of the season. Not everyone jizzed at the appointment at the time and there should be no problem with people not conforming to the jizzfest. There is a gulf between reasoned debate and the vitriol aimed at Whitney.


Who has turned on keates? I am yet to see it.

What i have seen is a number of Fans question his tactic's on a Football forum , who would of thought it hey!


I haven't seen anybody turn on Keates .... just tons of people criticising him?


If his tactics and decisions are wrong of course he will be criticised, what's wrong with that?

El_Nombre
UTS Legend
 
Posts: 1390
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:15 am
Location: Next to Big Curly

Re: We Am

Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:44 pm

Mazza01 wrote:
El_Nombre wrote:
Mazza01 wrote:
chestersaddler wrote:
El_Nombre wrote: He hasn't even failed yet and our loyal fanbase has turned on his appointment.


It is not unreasonable to expect discussion about the manager on sites such as this ( I don't go on other forms of social media so cannot comment). It was a big call at a crucial stage of the season. Not everyone jizzed at the appointment at the time and there should be no problem with people not conforming to the jizzfest. There is a gulf between reasoned debate and the vitriol aimed at Whitney.


Who has turned on keates? I am yet to see it.

What i have seen is a number of Fans question his tactic's on a Football forum , who would of thought it hey!


I haven't seen anybody turn on Keates .... just tons of people criticising him?


If his tactics and decisions are wrong of course he will be criticised, what's wrong with that?


Nothing when he isn't handcuffed by personel he didn't choose. I'll admit Saturday was a bit rough but is it really his fault that all we have for cover at centre half is Kory Roberts? Especially when the first choice is a decent defender in Fitzwater and an absolutely nothing one in Guthrie?

El_Nombre
UTS Legend
 
Posts: 1390
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:15 am
Location: Next to Big Curly

Re: We Am

Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:48 pm

chestersaddler wrote:
El_Nombre wrote:
chestersaddler wrote:
El_Nombre wrote:
chestersaddler wrote:It is not unreasonable to expect discussion about the manager on sites such as this ( I don't go on other forms of social media so cannot comment). It was a big call at a crucial stage of the season. Not everyone jizzed at the appointment at the time and there should be no problem with people not conforming to the jizzfest. There is a gulf between reasoned debate and the vitriol aimed at Whitney.


I didn't accuse you of that did I. I don't care what reaction you had when he was appointed, to be already criticising the appointment is ludicrous, whether you were for or against it. Because as I said, he hasn't even failed yet and we are no more than a handful of games in. My point has nothing to do with "conforming" I don't care whether you conformed or not. I'm talking about common sense.

I never said their shouldn't be discussion, I am adding to it.


I haven't criticised the appointment :!: My original point was that any manager taking over a football club is ultimately accountable for the results, something that others , in the case of Keates, disagree with, which is fine.

What is common sense btw - opinions that agree with one's own normally :lol:


Not blaming a manager who has had a handful of games to turn things around? Better yet without a transfer window? Or a decent squad even?

I mean, Pep Guardiola would probably struggle with the players he has at the moment. If we go down, I certainly won't be pointing the finger at Keates. There are plenty of names I'd get too before that.


I wrote in my original post that the bloke upstairs is to blame. I stick by my view that IF we go down from the position that Keates inherited then he has failed to deliver on his primary objective.


And I stick to mine that is IF we go down the damage was done way before Keates was anywhere near the club.

User avatar
chestersaddler
Site Addict
 
Posts: 10176
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:21 am
Location: Europe

Re: We Am

Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:54 pm

El_Nombre wrote:And I stick to mine that is IF we go down the damage was done way before Keates was anywhere near the club.


I cannot imagine that there is a single fan that would disagree with that statement.

El_Nombre
UTS Legend
 
Posts: 1390
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:15 am
Location: Next to Big Curly

Re: We Am

Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:04 pm

chestersaddler wrote:
El_Nombre wrote:And I stick to mine that is IF we go down the damage was done way before Keates was anywhere near the club.


I cannot imagine that there is a single fan that would disagree with that statement.


I get your point. But for that reason I just think it's not as black as white as failing an objective.

In black and white, yes if we go down Keates has "failed his objective".

But anybody looking at the situation with any context whatsoever would see it was harsh to just say "he failed". This team is not the one that secured the points that got us to this stage. There are key players missing (Edwards, Roberts, Wilson, Ismail, Agyei) that have not been replaced like for like and not with players that will be here for the backlash if we do get relegated.

User avatar
aaaae
Site Addict
 
Posts: 6777
Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:38 am
Location: Beware, I bear more grudges than lonely High Court judges...

Re: We Am

Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:24 pm

brummie saddler wrote:
aaaae wrote:
chestersaddler wrote:1. Why shouldn't the new manager be held to account for the games he takes charge of?

It's like saying why shouldn't a boxer be held to account for losing a fight where he has one hand tied behind his back?


when your 2-0 up with half the game left and to end up losing you have to take blame.

You can't blame the Keates for the fact we don't have any players who can defend. Wimbledon's second and third goals were just big lumps up the middle by their keeper. They should have been meat and drink to any average League 1 centre half, or League 2 centre half for that matter.

The amount of cash Bonser takes out of the club would buy us 6 average League 1 centre halves. Instead we are relying on a young lad who is just not ready yet, who replaced a last minute loan player. It's farcical.

User avatar
brummie saddler
Site Addict
 
Posts: 3175
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:31 am
Location: erdington, birmingham/ wednesbury

Re: We Am

Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:28 pm

aaaae wrote:
brummie saddler wrote:
aaaae wrote:
chestersaddler wrote:1. Why shouldn't the new manager be held to account for the games he takes charge of?

It's like saying why shouldn't a boxer be held to account for losing a fight where he has one hand tied behind his back?


when your 2-0 up with half the game left and to end up losing you have to take blame.

You can't blame the Keates for the fact we don't have any players who can defend. Wimbledon's second and third goals were just big lumps up the middle by their keeper. They should have been meat and drink to any average League 1 centre half, or League 2 centre half for that matter.

The amount of cash Bonser takes out of the club would buy us 6 average League 1 centre halves. Instead we are relying on a young lad who is just not ready yet, who replaced a last minute loan player. It's farcical.


Sharps needs to be fudge off after such a collapse. how embarrassing .

User avatar
SaddlerSteve
Site Addict
 
Posts: 3144
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 1:06 pm
Location: Milton Keynes

Re: We Am

Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:17 pm

brummie saddler wrote:
aaaae wrote:
brummie saddler wrote:
aaaae wrote:
chestersaddler wrote:1. Why shouldn't the new manager be held to account for the games he takes charge of?

It's like saying why shouldn't a boxer be held to account for losing a fight where he has one hand tied behind his back?


when your 2-0 up with half the game left and to end up losing you have to take blame.

You can't blame the Keates for the fact we don't have any players who can defend. Wimbledon's second and third goals were just big lumps up the middle by their keeper. They should have been meat and drink to any average League 1 centre half, or League 2 centre half for that matter.

The amount of cash Bonser takes out of the club would buy us 6 average League 1 centre halves. Instead we are relying on a young lad who is just not ready yet, who replaced a last minute loan player. It's farcical.


Sharps needs to be fudge off after such a collapse. how embarrassing .


I think that’s part of the problem. Sharps is defensive coach but I bet he’s also been advising Keates on the players.

saddlertd
UTS Veteran
 
Posts: 541
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:51 pm

Re: We Am

Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:32 pm

aaaae wrote:
brummie saddler wrote:
aaaae wrote:
chestersaddler wrote:1. Why shouldn't the new manager be held to account for the games he takes charge of?

It's like saying why shouldn't a boxer be held to account for losing a fight where he has one hand tied behind his back?


when your 2-0 up with half the game left and to end up losing you have to take blame.

You can't blame the Keates for the fact we don't have any players who can defend. Wimbledon's second and third goals were just big lumps up the middle by their keeper. They should have been meat and drink to any average League 1 centre half, or League 2 centre half for that matter.

The amount of cash Bonser takes out of the club would buy us 6 average League 1 centre halves. Instead we are relying on a young lad who is just not ready yet, who replaced a last minute loan player. It's farcical.


And there lies the problem! We can ill afford to lose over £400k of our already limited budget before a ball is even kicked. We’ve the results this season: we signed a load of mediocre League 2/non-League standard players in the summer plus a few decent loan players who all b^ggered off in January. And what did we replace them with? An Albion youth centre-half, two reserve team strikers from Stoke and Brentford who have been crud and a Centre-half from Arsenal who will never kick a ball for us. The club has got exactly what it deserves this season; the long-suffering fans have once again been shafted by our “ Number 1 fan” - we deserve a lot more!!

Previous
Return to All about Walsall

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Kevlar, PT and 15 guests