Rational assessment of Season's doings

The main area for messages about any current Walsall topics, players past and present, or any other topical matter which may be of interest to Walsall supporters. Opinions expressed are those of the individual posters and not those of the website owner.
Forum rules
No swearing. No text speak. Don't avoid the swear filter.
saddlertd
UTS Veteran

Re: Rational assessment of Season's doings

Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:47 pm

We can’t defend, have naff all creativity and don’t score goals - we are going to be relegated!

The Red Prince
Site Addict

Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:57 pm

We lost at home, to a team who were sitting the relegation places, and had 10 men for the last 20 mins - it doesn't look good no matter how Whitney tries to dress it up with guff about a good performance.

Now 1 point off the bottom 4, and we could potentially be in it come 9:45 Tuesday night.

tinned
Site Addict

Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:59 pm

Stick your optimism up your arse Optimistic. It's nothing more than self delusion.

scott_powell
Site Addict

Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:47 pm

tinned wrote:Stick your optimism up your arse Optimistic. It's nothing more than self delusion.

Too right

Mazza01
UTS Legend

Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:48 pm

tinned wrote:Stick your optimism up your arse Optimistic. It's nothing more than self delusion.

I'll second that..

Optimistic
UTS Veteran

Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:35 pm

Now Now Girls, its no good insulting me just because I have a different opinion to you and a more positive attitude. I am just as disappointed with the result today as you are, especially as we clearly had all of the play.

You just can't wait to throw insults at anyone who sticks up for Whitney in any way at all.

scott_powell
Site Addict

Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:45 pm

Optimistic wrote:Now Now Girls, its no good insulting me just because I have a different opinion to you and a more positive attitude. I am just as disappointed with the result today as you are, especially as we clearly had all of the play.

You just can't wait to throw insults at anyone who sticks up for Whitney in any way at all.

After the Doncaster result you happy clappers went in on us lot. Stop trying to pull the sympathy card and just admit you’re wrong about JW. Stop being so stubborn about it. Your optimism is admirable at times but you’re looking like a lunatic now. You’re going to lose your bet. Cash out now

Optimistic
UTS Veteran

Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:07 pm

scott_powell wrote:
Optimistic wrote:Now Now Girls, its no good insulting me just because I have a different opinion to you and a more positive attitude. I am just as disappointed with the result today as you are, especially as we clearly had all of the play.

After the Doncaster result you happy clappers went in on us lot. Stop trying to pull the sympathy card and just admit you’re wrong about JW. Stop being so stubborn about it. Your optimism is admirable at times but you’re looking like a lunatic now. You’re going to lose your bet. Cash out now

I don't recall insulting anyone after the Doncaster result Scott. As far as you lot and us lot that's a load of rubbish we are all supposed to be Saddlers supporters but with different opinions. It's easy for people to throw insults at me after a result like today against a rubbish team with ten men. The fact is that it is probably the best we have played all season but I am just as aware as anyone else that we should be winning games like this.

If I was sticking up for anyone after the result today I could understand the comments but for people to wait and see what the result was today before throwing insults about my previous comments is pathetic. In fact I do believe that you said that you thought we would win today.

Sympathy card??? Whats all that about?? Trust me I don't need anybody's sympathy.

scott_powell
Site Addict

Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:16 pm

Optimistic wrote:
scott_powell wrote:

I don't recall insulting anyone after the Doncaster result Scott. As far as you lot and us lot that's a load of rubbish we are all supposed to be Saddlers supporters but with different opinions. It's easy for people to throw insults at me after a result like today against a rubbish team with ten men. The fact is that it is probably the best we have played all season but I am just as aware as anyone else that we should be winning games like this.

If I was sticking up for anyone after the result today I could understand the comments but for people to wait and see what the result was today before throwing insults about my previous comments is pathetic. In fact I do believe that you said that you thought we would win today.

Sympathy card??? Whats all that about?? Trust me I don't need anybody's sympathy.

Take your head out the sand and cash out.

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:00 am

scott_powell wrote:

Not true. There was a general - oh look, let's make a reasonable judgement based on new information - same happened after Oxford.

scott_powell
Site Addict

Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:15 am

SaigonSaddler wrote:
scott_powell wrote:

Not true. There was a general - oh look, let's make a reasonable judgement based on new information - same happened after Oxford.

Oh come off it. There was a load of “told you so’s” directed at me on here and other social media platforms after that game. Loads of sarcastic comments aimed at me which I stupidly responded to. Anyone with half a brain cell could see this from a mile off.

Optimistic
UTS Veteran

Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:17 am

scott_powell wrote:
Optimistic wrote:
scott_powell wrote:

Thanks for your concern but I'm not stuck for the cash.

scott_powell
Site Addict

Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:29 am

Optimistic wrote:
scott_powell wrote:
Optimistic wrote:
scott_powell wrote:

Thanks for your concern but I'm not stuck for the cash.

Throwing cash away. Very silly indeed.

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:44 am

scott_powell wrote:
SaigonSaddler wrote:
scott_powell wrote:

Oh come off it. There was a load of “told you so’s” directed at me on here and other social media platforms after that game. Loads of sarcastic comments aimed at me which I stupidly responded to. Anyone with half a brain cell could see this from a mile off.

I think the key words here are 'directed at me' and 'aimed at me' :D :wink:

tinned
Site Addict

Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:23 pm

SaigonSaddler wrote:
scott_powell wrote:

You're joking right? Within minutes of the Doncaster final whistle there were loads of posts on Facebook claiming that all the Whitney haters were gutted at the win :evil:

Optimistic
UTS Veteran

Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:15 pm

tinned wrote:
SaigonSaddler wrote:
scott_powell wrote:

You're joking right? Within minutes of the Doncaster final whistle there were loads of posts on Facebook claiming that all the Whitney haters were gutted at the win :evil:

And that's why you were abusive to me, even though I don't use Facebook?

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:14 pm

Facebook LOL.

When people genuinely claim that we should be beating Shrewsbury and Charlton, wait for it 'because we're Walsall' and that none of the top six will probably be there at the end of the season, then yes there's going to be some comeback ... :wink:

tinned
Site Addict

Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:05 am

Optimistic wrote:
tinned wrote:
SaigonSaddler wrote:
scott_powell wrote:

And that's why you were abusive to me, even though I don't use Facebook?

Abusive? :shock: Grow a thicker skin if that is classed as abusive.

scott_powell
Site Addict

Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:10 am

Tinned this site is full of wet lettuces. Just let them get offended :mrgreen:

Mazza01
UTS Legend

Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:21 am

Genuinely amazed that the trigger has not been pulled yet , Whitney is the luckiest Manager in the Football League!

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:37 am

scott_powell wrote:Tinned this site is full of wet lettuces. Just let them get offended :mrgreen:

People in greenhouses shouldn't throw stones. :wink:

scott_powell
Site Addict

Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:51 am

SaigonSaddler wrote:
scott_powell wrote:Tinned this site is full of wet lettuces. Just let them get offended :mrgreen:

When have I been offended on here? Occasionally annoyed yes, not offended.

El_Nombre
Glitterati

Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:00 am

Psychological projection - a theory in psychology in which humans defend themselves against their own unconscious impulses or qualities (both positive and negative) by denying their existence in themselves while attributing them to others.

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:03 am

scott_powell wrote:
SaigonSaddler wrote:

When have I been offended on here? Occasionally annoyed, not offended.

Not necessarily being offended, perhaps just being irritated enough to rise to the bait of any and every morsel that's tossed into the collective pool. You also stated that you'd never post again ... perhaps you were offended then or were being lettuce-like. Perhaps not.

Anyway, you've just accused the site of being full of lettuces, to which I've taken the opportunity to introduce a pun (with obvious wink), something you've ignored or missed and then sought to correct a perceived provocation. It's not really an attack though is it? More of a casual and fairly playful tease.

scott_powell
Site Addict

Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:09 am

SaigonSaddler wrote:
scott_powell wrote:
SaigonSaddler wrote:

Not necessarily being offended, perhaps just being irritated enough to rise to the bait of any and every morsel that's tossed into the collective pool. You also stated that you'd never post again ... perhaps you were offended then or were being lettuce-like. Perhaps not.

Anyway, you've just accused the site of being full of lettuces, to which I've taken the opportunity to introduce a pun (with obvious wink), something you've ignored or missed and then sought to correct a perceived provocation. It's not really an attack though is it? More of a casual and fairly playful tease.

I didn't see it as an attack :lol: ... It's not a pun, more of a proverb which is why I corrected you. :wink:

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:12 am

scott_powell wrote:
SaigonSaddler wrote:
scott_powell wrote:
SaigonSaddler wrote:

I didn't see it as an attack :lol: ... It's not a pun, more of a proverb which is why I corrected you. :wink:

Oh right, by saying you weren't offended by it and have never been offended by anything on here. :wink:

scott_powell
Site Addict

Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:19 am

Well, if you were to respond with a pun I'd have replied with a pun back or made a joke. It wasn't a pun but a saying with a definitive meaning which is why I responded the way I did. I wasn't rude or aggresive. It was just a simple reply. Not difficult to work out is it really is it :lol: I have never been offended by anything said on here. The only thing that offends me is double denim. Who in there right mind would wear such an abomination!! :x

chunkster
Site Addict

Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:44 am

Mazza01 wrote:Genuinely amazed that the trigger has not been pulled yet , Whitney is the luckiest Manager in the Football League!
He will be off for a few celebratory pints with pulis :lol:

scott_powell
Site Addict

Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:47 am

chunkster wrote:
Mazza01 wrote:Genuinely amazed that the trigger has not been pulled yet , Whitney is the luckiest Manager in the Football League!
He will be off for a few celebratory pints with pulis :lol:

Let’s follow West Brom’s example and sack the clown today. The Fleetwood attendance is going to be abysmal.

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:30 pm

scott_powell wrote:Well, if you were to respond with a pun I'd have replied with a pun back or made a joke. It wasn't a pun but a saying with a definitive meaning which is why I responded the way I did. I wasn't rude or aggresive. It was just a simple reply. Not difficult to work out is it really is it :lol: I have never been offended by anything said on here. The only thing that offends me is double denim. Who in there right mind would wear such an abomination!! :x

Without wishing to part-take in the kind of tit for tit 'bantz' that has over-populated the site in recent weeks ... It kind of is difficult to work out what the chuff you're going on about here. You were reasonably rude to suggest that 'the site is full of lettuces', to which there was a fairly playful reply, from which we have garnered some of kind of ultra-defensive gash. You're definately not offended, which I believe, so let's just leave here ...

PreviousNext
Return to All about Walsall