Euro 16

Saddlers fans reaction to England's despairs - as they happened. No text speak, please.
Forum rules
No swearing. No text speak. Don't avoid the swear filter.
User avatar
Kevlar
UTS Veteran
 
Posts: 317
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:19 pm

Re: Euro 16

Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:20 am

SaddlerSteve wrote:England have only won 6 games in knockout football since 1966:
Paraguay 1986
Belgium 1990
Cameroon 1990
Spain 1996
Denmark 2002
Ecuador 2006

:shock:



And only three in 90 minutes .

I think that's right , because like Martin Glenn the FA Chief Executive Officer , I was schooled in Aldridge , and am not a football expert .


God help us .

Jeremy Busby
UTS Veteran
 
Posts: 364
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2004 9:19 pm
Location: Now in Wellington, New Zealand

Re: Euro 16

Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:17 am

A group of very happy Englishmen at the moment no doubt are Messrs Clattenburg and Atkinson and their respective assistant crews.

I know it is not normally the done thing to say nice things about referees on here but both sets appear to have had very good tournaments so far. Three games each and not a hint of controversy. Suspect they will have more games to come.

Having said that, the standard of officiating has been excellent across the board. I cannot recall one game where a referee decision was the talk of the reports post match.

User avatar
SaddlerSteve
Site Addict
 
Posts: 2948
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 1:06 pm
Location: Milton Keynes

Re: Euro 16

Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:53 am

Jeremy Busby wrote:A group of very happy Englishmen at the moment no doubt are Messrs Clattenburg and Atkinson and their respective assistant crews.

I know it is not normally the done thing to say nice things about referees on here but both sets appear to have had very good tournaments so far. Three games each and not a hint of controversy. Suspect they will have more games to come.

Having said that, the standard of officiating has been excellent across the board. I cannot recall one game where a referee decision was the talk of the reports post match.


I wouldn't say all the officiating.
The officials behind the goals have been as useful as a chocolate teapot at times.
Missing deliberate elbows to the face and goalies advancing miles off their line at penalty kicks!

User avatar
Andy_Petterson
Glitterati
 
Posts: 1176
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:30 pm

Re: Euro 16

Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:57 am

Pedagogue wrote:I've ordered a DVD of England's defensive blunders at Euro 16. Bonnie Tyler has recorded the backing track. It's just totally clips of Joe Hart.

:lol:

That one's getting told in the pub

User avatar
Exile
Jobsworth
 
Posts: 22727
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 7:06 pm
Location: ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Re: Euro 16

Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:05 am

Andy_Petterson wrote:
Pedagogue wrote:I've ordered a DVD of England's defensive blunders at Euro 16. Bonnie Tyler has recorded the backing track. It's just totally clips of Joe Hart.

:lol:

That one's getting told in the pub

They've already heard it. :wink:

User avatar
Super Gabor
UTS Legend
 
Posts: 2218
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:26 pm

Re: Euro 16

Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:13 am

SaddlerSteve wrote:England have only won 6 games in knockout football since 1966:
Paraguay 1986
Belgium 1990
Cameroon 1990
Spain 1996
Denmark 2002
Ecuador 2006

:shock:
That is a very sobering fact.

Welsh_Saddler
Site Addict
 
Posts: 8879
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2005 5:44 pm
Location: The beautiful Afan Valley

Re: Euro 16

Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:31 am

Don't know how to "link" to this, but have you all seen the excerpt from Sky News of Steve McClaren's reaction (live) to Iceland's 2nd goal going in? Priceless!!!!! If anyone can upload it I think it should be made available to all........ :lol:

User avatar
Exile
Jobsworth
 
Posts: 22727
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 7:06 pm
Location: ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Re: Euro 16

Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:34 am

Super Gabor wrote:
SaddlerSteve wrote:England have only won 6 games in knockout football since 1966:
Paraguay 1986
Belgium 1990
Cameroon 1990
Spain 1996
Denmark 2002
Ecuador 2006

:shock:
That is a very sobering fact.

Sky sports spin: FACT! Three of those have been in the last two decades, since the EPL was founded, which is a dramatic improvement in form over the same period since 1966. :mrgreen:

User avatar
King Crimson
Poet Laureate
 
Posts: 8347
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2005 5:45 pm
Location: In the Wake of Poseidon

Re: Euro 16

Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:57 am

Exile wrote:
Super Gabor wrote:
SaddlerSteve wrote:England have only won 6 games in knockout football since 1966:
Paraguay 1986
Belgium 1990
Cameroon 1990
Spain 1996
Denmark 2002
Ecuador 2006

:shock:
That is a very sobering fact.

Sky sports spin: FACT! Three of those have been in the last two decades, since the EPL was founded, which is a dramatic improvement in form over the same period since 1966. :mrgreen:



Huzzzah! Three cheers, and three lions, for Sky!!

User avatar
tinned
Site Addict
 
Posts: 9413
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 1:49 pm
Location: Same poo, different day!

Re: Euro 16

Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:29 pm

Exile wrote:
Super Gabor wrote:
SaddlerSteve wrote:England have only won 6 games in knockout football since 1966:
Paraguay 1986
Belgium 1990
Cameroon 1990
Spain 1996
Denmark 2002
Ecuador 2006

:shock:
That is a very sobering fact.

Sky sports spin: FACT! Three of those have been in the last two decades, since the EPL was founded, which is a dramatic improvement in form over the same period since 1966. :mrgreen:


Apparently Sheff has hacked Exile's account. FACT.

chunkster
UTS Legend
 
Posts: 2045
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:11 pm

Re: Euro 16

Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:54 pm

I wonder what graham Taylor's doing now :lol:

User avatar
saddla
UTS Legend
 
Posts: 2378
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2004 10:18 am
Location: too far

Re: Euro 16

Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:34 pm

Welsh_Saddler wrote:Don't know how to "link" to this, but have you all seen the excerpt from Sky News of Steve McClaren's reaction (live) to Iceland's 2nd goal going in? Priceless!!!!! If anyone can upload it I think it should be made available to all........ :lol:


This one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iHbwW2KXiU

chunkster
UTS Legend
 
Posts: 2045
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:11 pm

Re: Euro 16

Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:52 pm

saddla wrote:
Welsh_Saddler wrote:Don't know how to "link" to this, but have you all seen the excerpt from Sky News of Steve McClaren's reaction (live) to Iceland's 2nd goal going in? Priceless!!!!! If anyone can upload it I think it should be made available to all........ :lol:


This one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iHbwW2KXiU
:lol: :lol: classic

User avatar
SaigonSaddler
Site Addict
 
Posts: 9442
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:23 pm
Location: Northern Thailand or Burma

Re: Euro 16

Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:00 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
Kevlar
UTS Veteran
 
Posts: 317
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:19 pm

Re: Euro 16

Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:28 pm

Exile wrote:
Super Gabor wrote:
SaddlerSteve wrote:England have only won 6 games in knockout football since 1966:
Paraguay 1986
Belgium 1990
Cameroon 1990
Spain 1996
Denmark 2002
Ecuador 2006

:shock:
That is a very sobering fact.

Sky sports spin: FACT! Three of those have been in the last two decades, since the EPL was founded, which is a dramatic improvement in form over the same period since 1966. :mrgreen:


That ain't fair Exile................... in the years 1974,76,78,84 and 94 , the b******s wouldn't let us play in the knockout rounds.







:(

User avatar
Leatherman
Site Addict
 
Posts: 3717
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 11:15 am
Location: Still pointing and laughing even LOUDER at psychotic fantasists.

Re: Euro 16

Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:59 am

Wragbyred wrote:Will they pick Eddie Howe? Will they bollocks
The top 3 favourites for the job?
Southgate
Pardew
Neville
The same arse licking crowd as usual

The FA will never change, the same suits, the same old farts in charge


I'd like to see Eddie Howe given a chance.

Unfortunately the FA are part of the problem. If they are cack at doing their job then it would be only by chance that they pick the right manager.

Coaching badges? They can shove them where the sun doesn't shine.

P.S. I heard this morning that Scolari is in the frame. For fudge sake, he doesn't even speak English!

User avatar
King Crimson
Poet Laureate
 
Posts: 8347
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2005 5:45 pm
Location: In the Wake of Poseidon

Re: Euro 16

Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:51 am

I heard someone mention Slaven Bilic. I think that's a great shout. I'd be very happy with that. Won't happen though.

User avatar
SaigonSaddler
Site Addict
 
Posts: 9442
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:23 pm
Location: Northern Thailand or Burma

Re: Euro 16

Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:44 am

Was anything more depressing than watching the build up before the France v Iceland game?

Oh, hang on, Wales v Portugal on Wednesday. :|

Mazza01
Glitterati
 
Posts: 1154
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:52 pm

Re: Euro 16

Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:33 pm

I am going to put it out there , for me this Euros have not been all that enjoyable .

Biggest disappointment has been those finishing 3rd in the Group qualifying , what a load of rubbish... Portugal in a semi final after not winning 1 single game in 90 minutes??? they should be out.

Then we turn to England, nothing changes even the fans don't change. We should of stayed at home.

User avatar
4143
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
 
Posts: 7140
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:05 am

Re: Euro 16

Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:24 pm

The Euros are usually crap anyway.

As for England, it used to be that the players weren't good enough. Now they're neither good enough nor give a toss. The distance between player and fan is stretched in all levels of professional football, but England's gap is surely the widest point. Does anyone actually like them - as footballers or people?

If it weren't for patriotic duty I imagine most would give the team a very wide berth.

I lost a lot of time for Wales and their supporters, owing to their general lack of class before and during the tournament. The provocative comments by Bale that England players don't play with pride, however true, were not good form considering it's the country in which he enjoyed a lucrative big break. Why comment on England at all? Surely his enormous Real Madrid contract counts for some basic media deflection skills.

There will be no short-term comeuppance now, for even if they're hammered 10-0 in the next game they still got further than we did. If that hurt the England players as much as it does the fans it might just be worth it... but it doesn't.

User avatar
Leatherman
Site Addict
 
Posts: 3717
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 11:15 am
Location: Still pointing and laughing even LOUDER at psychotic fantasists.

Re: Euro 16

Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:43 am

Iceland's homecoming was classic. :D

Compare that to England's.

I hope the Premier League clubs fans take up the Icelandic chant just to remind our overpaid overestimated pile of cack FA and players of their total abysmal failure in France.

Mazza01
Glitterati
 
Posts: 1154
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:52 pm

Re: Euro 16

Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:31 am

Roy Hodgson gets paid 3.5 million pounds a year , just take a moment to think about that.

User avatar
SaigonSaddler
Site Addict
 
Posts: 9442
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:23 pm
Location: Northern Thailand or Burma

Re: Euro 16

Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:17 pm

Mazza01 wrote:Roy Hodgson gets paid 3.5 million pounds a year , just take a moment to think about that.


Worth every penny. :wink:

User avatar
Pedagogue
Board Pedant
 
Posts: 7075
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 3:21 pm
Location: Can I fix it? Can I ****!

Re: Euro 16

Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:43 pm

SaigonSaddler wrote:
Mazza01 wrote:Roy Hodgson gets paid 3.5 million pounds a year. Just take a moment to think about that.

Worth less than a penny. :wink:

Fixed that for you. :wink:

Previous
Return to England Highs and Lows

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests