Brexit Breakfast

The place for all general topics not related to the Saddlers, plus the ever-popular Prediction League. Keep it fun.
Forum rules
Be nice. Play fair.
User avatar
Manchester Saddler
Site Addict
 
Posts: 5513
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:04 pm
Location: Manchester

Re: Brexit Breakfast

Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:25 pm

tinned wrote:
Manchester Saddler wrote:
Guest wrote:The Brexiters seem to be upset about something...

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics ... may-remain


I don't know why. Apparently it was only a yes no referendum vote.

It seems that people are realising finally what Brexit really means.


Strange!

On ANY other subject other than Brexit the Socialists tendencies of you and Saigon would lead to utter contempt that "unelected toffs in the House of Lords" were attempting to overrule the will of the ordinary man.


How's that for generalisation, folks?

:D

User avatar
tinned
Site Addict
 
Posts: 10033
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 1:49 pm
Location: Same poo, different day!

Re: Brexit Breakfast

Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:39 pm

Manchester Saddler wrote:
tinned wrote:
Manchester Saddler wrote:
Guest wrote:The Brexiters seem to be upset about something...

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics ... may-remain


I don't know why. Apparently it was only a yes no referendum vote.

It seems that people are realising finally what Brexit really means.


Strange!

On ANY other subject other than Brexit the Socialists tendencies of you and Saigon would lead to utter contempt that "unelected toffs in the House of Lords" were attempting to overrule the will of the ordinary man.


How's that for generalisation, folks?

:D


Based on years of reading posts on numerous subjects.

#uncomfortabletruth

:mrgreen:

User avatar
SaigonSaddler
Site Addict
 
Posts: 10923
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:23 pm
Location: In Bonser's Grotto

Re: Brexit Breakfast

Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:22 pm

Manchester Saddler wrote:
tinned wrote:
Manchester Saddler wrote:
Guest wrote:The Brexiters seem to be upset about something...

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics ... may-remain


I don't know why. Apparently it was only a yes no referendum vote.

It seems that people are realising finally what Brexit really means.


Strange!

On ANY other subject other than Brexit the Socialists tendencies of you and Saigon would lead to utter contempt that "unelected toffs in the House of Lords" were attempting to overrule the will of the ordinary man.


How's that for generalisation, folks?

:D


:lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
Manchester Saddler
Site Addict
 
Posts: 5513
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:04 pm
Location: Manchester

Re: Brexit Breakfast

Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:37 pm

tinned wrote:
Manchester Saddler wrote:
tinned wrote:
Manchester Saddler wrote:
Guest wrote:The Brexiters seem to be upset about something...

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics ... may-remain


I don't know why. Apparently it was only a yes no referendum vote.

It seems that people are realising finally what Brexit really means.


Strange!

On ANY other subject other than Brexit the Socialists tendencies of you and Saigon would lead to utter contempt that "unelected toffs in the House of Lords" were attempting to overrule the will of the ordinary man.


How's that for generalisation, folks?

:D


Based on years of reading posts on numerous subjects.

#uncomfortabletruth

:mrgreen:


What's even funnier is uber-Brexiters, upset about "unelected Eurocrats" (not true) will now turn their bile and vitriol towards our Sovereign traditions which includes genuinely unelected Lords having the power to hurl stuff back to parliament.

You wanted true British sovereignty - YOU BLOODY WELL HAVE IT!!

I don't know what's funnier - blue passports being made in the EU or this!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
Exile
Jobsworth
 
Posts: 23662
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 7:06 pm
Location: ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Re: Brexit Breakfast

Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:44 pm

Implying the tories have everyone's best interests at heart...

User avatar
NEWPORT SADDLERS DAD
UTS Legend
 
Posts: 2446
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:56 pm
Location: SURROUNDED BY DINGLES

Re: Brexit Breakfast

Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:11 am

Armageddon my arse.Off the cliff my arse.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDoQ9ufpDX8

El_Nombre
UTS Legend
 
Posts: 1524
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:15 am
Location: Next to Big Curly

Re: Brexit Breakfast

Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:38 am


User avatar
Manchester Saddler
Site Addict
 
Posts: 5513
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:04 pm
Location: Manchester

Re: Brexit Breakfast

Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:05 pm

NEWPORT SADDLERS DAD wrote:Armageddon my arse.Off the cliff my arse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDoQ9ufpDX8


A very eloquent speech but also very flawed content. No mention of the negaitves or the uncertainty or Ireland or the fact that our economy is falling behind etc.

And no mention of the fact that we haven't left yet!!

People just cherry pick the bits they want to hear without considering the unspoken truths.

In other news, apparently Farage now thinks Germany won the second world war!!!

:lol:

swampysaddler
Glitterati
 
Posts: 1133
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:19 am
Location: Norfolk

Re: Brexit Breakfast

Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:35 am

Manchester Saddler wrote:
NEWPORT SADDLERS DAD wrote:Armageddon my arse.Off the cliff my arse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDoQ9ufpDX8


A very eloquent speech but also very flawed content. No mention of the negaitves or the uncertainty or Ireland or the fact that our economy is falling behind etc.

And no mention of the fact that we haven't left yet!!

People just cherry pick the bits they want to hear without considering the unspoken truths.

In other news, apparently Farage now thinks Germany won the second world war!!!

:lol:



I will bite.
Haven't you noticed Manchester you and Miss Saigon, Exile, Chester are all talking to yourselves ?
See the thing is Brexit IS happening, whether you spit your dummies (as you normally do).
What part of a "democratic vote" that you lost don't you understand ?
Let me know when you have proof of the "financial Armageddon,. I have been waiting 18 months now, in fact nearly 2 years now and still no proof.
Come on Manchester prove to me Brexit is bad.
And I don't mean "predictions or forecasts" or bile off Owen Jones in the Guardian, I mean hard proof Brexit is evil !

Come on Mr I am right and you are wrong provide me evidence Brexit will be the death of the country.
I await your hard evidence !


In fact I will probably get the normal shite "but this experts has said this, but been proven wrong for 2 years but he knows better because he is highly intelligent and a mate of Manchester ( who thinks all Leave voters are Coffin Dodgers and didn't know what we were doing)

User avatar
SaigonSaddler
Site Addict
 
Posts: 10923
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:23 pm
Location: In Bonser's Grotto

Re: Brexit Breakfast

Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:10 am

provide me evidence Brexit will be the death of the country.


No-one has ever said this, ever claimed this or ever alluded to this. Nobody on here and no expert or even layman in any article on any media source. Neither from the Leave or Remain camp. Literally nobody.

This is entirely in your own imagination.

Literally no-one believes that Brexit will cause the death of the country, whatever on earth that means.

There is already plenty of evidence that Brexit is being harmful to the present and future prosperity of the country, evidence that you choose to ignore or deride. But while you are still trapped in Armageddon mode and your tipping point is when the population reaches pre-Bronze age levels, there's little to sway your position.

User avatar
chestersaddler
Site Addict
 
Posts: 10192
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:21 am
Location: Europe

Re: Brexit Breakfast

Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:34 am

swampysaddler wrote:
Manchester Saddler wrote:
NEWPORT SADDLERS DAD wrote:Armageddon my arse.Off the cliff my arse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDoQ9ufpDX8


A very eloquent speech but also very flawed content. No mention of the negaitves or the uncertainty or Ireland or the fact that our economy is falling behind etc.

And no mention of the fact that we haven't left yet!!

People just cherry pick the bits they want to hear without considering the unspoken truths.

In other news, apparently Farage now thinks Germany won the second world war!!!

:lol:



I will bite.
Haven't you noticed Manchester you and Miss Saigon, Exile, Chester are all talking to yourselves ?
See the thing is Brexit IS happening, whether you spit your dummies (as you normally do).
What part of a "democratic vote" that you lost don't you understand ?
Let me know when you have proof of the "financial Armageddon,. I have been waiting 18 months now, in fact nearly 2 years now and still no proof.
Come on Manchester prove to me Brexit is bad.
And I don't mean "predictions or forecasts" or bile off Owen Jones in the Guardian, I mean hard proof Brexit is evil !

Come on Mr I am right and you are wrong provide me evidence Brexit will be the death of the country.
I await your hard evidence !


In fact I will probably get the normal shite "but this experts has said this, but been proven wrong for 2 years but he knows better because he is highly intelligent and a mate of Manchester ( who thinks all Leave voters are Coffin Dodgers and didn't know what we were doing)


Swampy - Why do you ( and lots of other leavers) get so angry when debating this stuff? I have a different view to you, so what? I am sure that "the will of the people", whatever that means, will prevail and that we will leave the EU, whatever that means. I accept the referendum result but I do not respect it as we should never have been allowed to decide such a complex and critical issue - that is the job of our democratically elected MP's who are advised by economic experts.

I do not think that sensible politicians will allow us to go over the cliff edge though and this will mean that the form of Brexit that you are hoping for will not happen. I do not believe that it is going to be economically beneficial if we leave the customs union / single market and I do not believe it is the right direction of travel given the progress this country has made over the past 40 odd years. I don't know that of course, but the evidence is certainly pointing that way and I would rather put my trust in educated, intelligent and experienced people than bar stool preachers.

You mentioned on another thread that you have retired at 43 - let's hope not too many more take that view otherwise we will never be able to rid ourselves of those hard working pesky eu workers, eh? :idea:

I will be in Gibralter / Spain again soon for a few weeks so I am going to test your theory about how they all hate the Spanish :roll: - mind you most Gibraltarians are still living in the 1950's :wink:

There, no dummy's spat out, just my views on the subject on a forum meant to discuss none Walsall matters.

User avatar
Manchester Saddler
Site Addict
 
Posts: 5513
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:04 pm
Location: Manchester

Re: Brexit Breakfast

Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:32 am

It's funny, actually, Swampy. If you watch Room 101 somebody put "Angry Brexiters" into there because out of the two camps, Brexiters express the most outrage at what is going on. When you watch like Question Time you can spot the Brexiters in the audience because they are the ones apoplectic with outrage.

When you read the Daily Express they are the ones who use the word "FURY" and "TRAITORS" and "ENEMIES OF THE PEOPLE" - I'm not shouting here just repeating the capitalisation of the words they use in their headlines.

And then on this very thread you get Swampy trying to make his words as big as possible as he swears and insults people - a perfect case of throwing his toys out of the pram with absolute gusto because, presumably, life in the cave isn't as wonderful as it seems? :D

That said - not all Brexiters are angry - some actually do debate - they just provide no reasons why Brexit is so great.

Swamps - you ave asked for evidence - we've given you evidence. Just because you don't like it or choose to ignore it doesn't make it go away. Like I have said repeatedly I have learned everything I need from you so unless you have something new to tell me I don't care whether you read my posts on the subject or not.

They do amuse me though so perhaps you should keep posting your Friday night rants.

Also, if you have a moment, and are willing to answer a question (fat chance because no Brexiter has answered any of my questions on this thread!!!) here's one for you.

What exactly have Brexiters won?

:D

(Expecting lots of tumbleweed ...)

:D

User avatar
shrewsbury saddler
UTS Legend
 
Posts: 1467
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2005 6:06 pm

Re: Brexit Breakfast

Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:20 am

Another referral to "Armageddon" without a reference. Which "experts" predicted this? (George Osbourne is no one's idea of an expert.)

User avatar
PINNACLE
UTS Legend
 
Posts: 2312
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:50 am
Location: the pinnacle

Re: Brexit Breakfast

Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:43 pm

Manchester Saddler wrote:It's funny, actually, Swampy. If you watch Room 101 somebody put "Angry Brexiters" into there because out of the two camps, Brexiters express the most outrage at what is going on. When you watch like Question Time you can spot the Brexiters in the audience because they are the ones apoplectic with outrage.

When you read the Daily Express they are the ones who use the word "FURY" and "TRAITORS" and "ENEMIES OF THE PEOPLE" - I'm not shouting here just repeating the capitalisation of the words they use in their headlines.

And then on this very thread you get Swampy trying to make his words as big as possible as he swears and insults people - a perfect case of throwing his toys out of the pram with absolute gusto because, presumably, life in the cave isn't as wonderful as it seems? :D

That said - not all Brexiters are angry - some actually do debate - they just provide no reasons why Brexit is so great.

Swamps - you ave asked for evidence - we've given you evidence. Just because you don't like it or choose to ignore it doesn't make it go away. Like I have said repeatedly I have learned everything I need from you so unless you have something new to tell me I don't care whether you read my posts on the subject or not.

They do amuse me though so perhaps you should keep posting your Friday night rants.

Also, if you have a moment, and are willing to answer a question (fat chance because no Brexiter has answered any of my questions on this thread!!!) here's one for you.

What exactly have Brexiters won?

:D

(Expecting lots of tumbleweed ...)

:D


Can i have your phone number please and i will gladly pass it on to Saigon so that it will save you the time punching the keyboard and talk directly to each other. Basically there are only you two commenting on this now and it is getting very tiresome. Give us all a break and come back when we have left ! Daresay you will want to start another campaign to get us back in :lol:
Manc, why do you continue to end all of your posts with a demand ?
I have said it before, i owe you and your ilk.............nothing. It was my choice and that will never change !
Bullies don't realize that though until they get punched on the nose and then whimper away, that is probably next year for you.
Leave voters owe you no explanation, they owe you nothing !

User avatar
SaigonSaddler
Site Addict
 
Posts: 10923
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:23 pm
Location: In Bonser's Grotto

Re: Brexit Breakfast

Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:07 am

PINNACLE wrote:Can i have your phone number please and i will gladly pass it on to Saigon so that it will save you the time punching the keyboard and talk directly to each other. Basically there are only you two commenting on this now and it is getting very tiresome. Give us all a break and come back when we have left ! Daresay you will want to start another campaign to get us back in :lol:
Manc, why do you continue to end all of your posts with a demand ?
I have said it before, i owe you and your ilk.............nothing. It was my choice and that will never change !
Bullies don't realize that though until they get punched on the nose and then whimper away, that is probably next year for you.
Leave voters owe you no explanation, they owe you nothing !


Awesome post. Pineapple back to his glorious best.

Pontificating fudge of the highest order.

Absolute legend! :D

User avatar
Manchester Saddler
Site Addict
 
Posts: 5513
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:04 pm
Location: Manchester

Re: Brexit Breakfast

Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:14 am

PINNACLE wrote:
Can i have your phone number please and i will gladly pass it on to Saigon so that it will save you the time punching the keyboard and talk directly to each other. Basically there are only you two commenting on this now and it is getting very tiresome. Give us all a break and come back when we have left ! Daresay you will want to start another campaign to get us back in :lol:
Manc, why do you continue to end all of your posts with a demand ?
I have said it before, i owe you and your ilk.............nothing. It was my choice and that will never change !
Bullies don't realize that though until they get punched on the nose and then whimper away, that is probably next year for you.
Leave voters owe you no explanation, they owe you nothing !


Don't think so, Pinnacle. Quite a few people are talking about Brexit on here - it's quite important you see!

And I ain't gonna go away!

:D

Like I have also said many times! I do not demand - I merely ask questions, questions that Brexiters cannot answer. If you want to debate something you have to ask questions.

Like Swamps, I have learned everything I need to know from you on Brexit.

I know why you voted the way you did, I know the way you feel about Brexit and I also know that you are scared to reveal these reasons on UTS (though many people know why based on your previous posts on this and other subjects).

So again, I don't care whether you read my posts or add any of your own - though I do look forward to anything new you have to offer (like answers to the questions I have asked).

How are the anger management classes going? You do seem a lot calmer these days (though we have to wait until 11th November this year for the true test of your mettle).

:D :wink:

User avatar
shrewsbury saddler
UTS Legend
 
Posts: 1467
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2005 6:06 pm

Re: Brexit Breakfast

Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:03 pm

Whatever happened to these UTS Posters he started a thread on? I'd bought a bucket , a little ladder,paste in anticipation.

User avatar
Exile
Jobsworth
 
Posts: 23662
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 7:06 pm
Location: ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Re: Brexit Breakfast

Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:40 am

More than a year since their Pyrrhic victory and still no closer to a plan, as the government and their much-vaunted Brexit team bumble along from one catastrophe to the next. Remind me, wasn’t it all supposed to be unicorns and money trees? Hard borders and white Britons? Funds for the NHS and cheap German cars?

What’s going on? Could it be that they haven’t a clue?

reedswood sadler
Glitterati
 
Posts: 706
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:23 pm
Location: J block

Re: Brexit Breakfast

Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:53 am

Exile wrote:More than a year since their Pyrrhic victory and still no closer to a plan, as the government and their much-vaunted Brexit team bumble along from one catastrophe to the next. Remind me, wasn’t it all supposed to be unicorns and money trees? Hard borders and white Britons? Funds for the NHS and cheap German cars?

What’s going on? Could it be that they haven’t a clue?



What's going on Exile is nobody knows what it will be it could end up with all of the above (well done with throwing the usual racist bit in ) or it could end up we are all doomed as a 3rd world country asking for handouts from the countries we help.
The government negotiations are useless with no idea I agree but all the " predictions " on both sides mean nothing as Manchester keeps saying we have not left yet so until that day nobody on either side knows.

User avatar
NEWPORT SADDLERS DAD
UTS Legend
 
Posts: 2446
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:56 pm
Location: SURROUNDED BY DINGLES

Re: Brexit Breakfast

Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:15 pm

No U turn from the government despite the vote by the irmine vermin.
Sticking to referendum vote and manifesto well done Teresa.
Remainers please desist from somersaults and fist pumping until something actually happens. :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-43860453

User avatar
SaigonSaddler
Site Addict
 
Posts: 10923
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:23 pm
Location: In Bonser's Grotto

Re: Brexit Breakfast

Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:25 pm

reedswood sadler wrote:
Exile wrote:More than a year since their Pyrrhic victory and still no closer to a plan, as the government and their much-vaunted Brexit team bumble along from one catastrophe to the next. Remind me, wasn’t it all supposed to be unicorns and money trees? Hard borders and white Britons? Funds for the NHS and cheap German cars?

What’s going on? Could it be that they haven’t a clue?



What's going on Exile is nobody knows what it will be it could end up with all of the above (well done with throwing the usual racist bit in ) or it could end up we are all doomed as a 3rd world country asking for handouts from the countries we help.
The government negotiations are useless with no idea I agree but all the " predictions " on both sides mean nothing as Manchester keeps saying we have not left yet so until that day nobody on either side knows.


No, but even the most hardened Leave protagonist accepts that it's been damaging thus far. The stategy is either to state that 'it's worth it' or play up the continued existence of inward investment as if this is proof of things being brilliant. It isn't.

You've also alluded to the the possibility Britain becoming a 'third world country'. No-one at any time has ever suggested this.

We may all be affected materially as the economy suffers for a period of time until the stupid decision is reversed by a younger generation. This may be 20 or more years of totally unnecessary economic hurt, for which YOU will pay handsomely in reduced services, higher tax and a lower pension.

User avatar
Super Gabor
UTS Legend
 
Posts: 2364
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:26 pm

Re: Brexit Breakfast

Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:21 pm

SaigonSaddler wrote:
reedswood sadler wrote:
Exile wrote:More than a year since their Pyrrhic victory and still no closer to a plan, as the government and their much-vaunted Brexit team bumble along from one catastrophe to the next. Remind me, wasn’t it all supposed to be unicorns and money trees? Hard borders and white Britons? Funds for the NHS and cheap German cars?

What’s going on? Could it be that they haven’t a clue?



What's going on Exile is nobody knows what it will be it could end up with all of the above (well done with throwing the usual racist bit in ) or it could end up we are all doomed as a 3rd world country asking for handouts from the countries we help.
The government negotiations are useless with no idea I agree but all the " predictions " on both sides mean nothing as Manchester keeps saying we have not left yet so until that day nobody on either side knows.


No, but even the most hardened Leave protagonist accepts that it's been damaging thus far. The stategy is either to state that 'it's worth it' or play up the continued existence of inward investment as if this is proof of things being brilliant. It isn't.

You've also alluded to the the possibility Britain becoming a 'third world country'. No-one at any time has ever suggested this.

We may all be affected materially as the economy suffers for a period of time until the stupid decision is reversed by a younger generation. This may be 20 or more years of totally unnecessary economic hurt, for which YOU will pay handsomely in reduced services, higher tax and a lower pension.

One of the biggest issues is going to be who will do all the work? We will potentially have a massive workforce deficit issue. At the lower end of the employment spectrum (although not exclusively as many EU nationals have high skilled and well paid jobs), is a huge part of our economy that is going to struggle. People who have bleated on about the perceived downside to immigration may end up with few people willing to tend to their social care needs, to nurse them in hospitals, to pick our food, to distribute goods across the country and, of course, to clean our offices, hotels, deliver our online shopping orders to our homes, and serve us our daily flat whites and wash our cars!. :D

The view from Daily Mail online (when immigration and Brexit is debated ) is that miraculously the 1.4 million unemployed (which is, by most measures, "full employment") will fill any gaps created and if that fails, lazy arsed Brits should just be compelled to do the work.

It really hasn't been thought through by Brexiteers, the extent to which our economy and society, depends on (and arguably thrives) on migrant labour, the vast majority of which put the 1.4 M to shame with their work ethic and attitude to providing for themselves.

This will not be "project fear" it will be "project reality" and those denouncing the needs of employers should give their heads a wobble as we all, to some extent do and will depend on migrant labour.

User avatar
Morty
Glitterati
 
Posts: 648
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:38 pm
Location: Consett, Co. Durham

Re: Brexit Breakfast

Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:18 pm

Where's the like button!? :wink:

Go to a hotel in any decent sized city and it's EU nationals making up most of the staff.
My wife is nurse and it's not unusual for her to be on a shift where she is the only person who's first language is English. (I hasten to add that they're all good nurses!)

Until Joe Bloggs from the council estate is prepared to give up their benefits and work for minimum wage then we're always going to need overseas workers in our economy.

User avatar
tinned
Site Addict
 
Posts: 10033
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 1:49 pm
Location: Same poo, different day!

Re: Brexit Breakfast

Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:35 pm

Morty wrote:Where's the like button!? :wink:

Go to a hotel in any decent sized city and it's EU nationals making up most of the staff.
My wife is nurse and it's not unusual for her to be on a shift where she is the only person who's first language is English. (I hasten to add that they're all good nurses!)

Until Joe Bloggs from the council estate is prepared to give up their benefits and work for minimum wage then we're always going to need overseas workers in our economy.


That's why big businesses want to stay in the EU. They can continue the "race to the bottom" to see who will accept the lowest wages. Keeps profits up you see!

User avatar
SaigonSaddler
Site Addict
 
Posts: 10923
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:23 pm
Location: In Bonser's Grotto

Re: Brexit Breakfast

Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:48 pm

tinned wrote:
Morty wrote:Where's the like button!? :wink:

Go to a hotel in any decent sized city and it's EU nationals making up most of the staff.
My wife is nurse and it's not unusual for her to be on a shift where she is the only person who's first language is English. (I hasten to add that they're all good nurses!)

Until Joe Bloggs from the council estate is prepared to give up their benefits and work for minimum wage then we're always going to need overseas workers in our economy.


That's why big businesses want to stay in the EU. They can continue the "race to the bottom" to see who will accept the lowest wages. Keeps profits up you see!


Except the EU provided genuine protections for the low paid and otherwise powerless with employment laws and consumer rights. Now watch the race to the bottom with austerity gone mental ... :?

User avatar
chestersaddler
Site Addict
 
Posts: 10192
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:21 am
Location: Europe

Re: Brexit Breakfast

Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:07 pm

Morty wrote:Until Joe Bloggs from the council estate is prepared to give up their benefits and work for minimum wage then we're always going to need overseas workers in our economy.


Or maybe 43 year old retirees that voted brexit will pick up the slack :mrgreen:

User avatar
Morty
Glitterati
 
Posts: 648
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:38 pm
Location: Consett, Co. Durham

Re: Brexit Breakfast

Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:06 pm

tinned wrote:That's why big businesses want to stay in the EU. They can continue the "race to the bottom" to see who will accept the lowest wages. Keeps profits up you see!


So I'm presume you're therefore happier to pay higher prices to pay for the higher wages "us British" will demand!? :?

swampysaddler
Glitterati
 
Posts: 1133
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:19 am
Location: Norfolk

Re: Brexit Breakfast

Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:20 pm

chestersaddler wrote:
Morty wrote:Until Joe Bloggs from the council estate is prepared to give up their benefits and work for minimum wage then we're always going to need overseas workers in our economy.


Or maybe 43 year old retirees that voted brexit will pick up the slack :mrgreen:


No chance. I am quite content just doing my window round thank you 8) :mrgreen:

Welsh_Saddler
Site Addict
 
Posts: 9826
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2005 5:44 pm
Location: The beautiful Afan Valley

Re: Brexit Breakfast

Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:48 pm

swampysaddler wrote:
chestersaddler wrote:
Morty wrote:Until Joe Bloggs from the council estate is prepared to give up their benefits and work for minimum wage then we're always going to need overseas workers in our economy.


Or maybe 43 year old retirees that voted brexit will pick up the slack :mrgreen:


No chance. I am quite content just doing my window round thank you 8) :mrgreen:


So tempted to ftfy by removing a single "n" !!! :wink:

swampysaddler
Glitterati
 
Posts: 1133
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:19 am
Location: Norfolk

Re: Brexit Breakfast

Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:20 pm

Welsh_Saddler wrote:
swampysaddler wrote:
chestersaddler wrote:
Morty wrote:Until Joe Bloggs from the council estate is prepared to give up their benefits and work for minimum wage then we're always going to need overseas workers in our economy.


Or maybe 43 year old retirees that voted brexit will pick up the slack :mrgreen:


No chance. I am quite content just doing my window round thank you 8) :mrgreen:


So tempted to ftfy by removing a single "n" !!! :wink:


:lol: :lol: :lol:

PreviousNext
Return to General Chat and Prediction League

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests