If there was a second EU Vote.........

The place for all the weird and whacky musings and fake news.
Forum rules
Be nice. Play fair.

I WOULD.....

Keep my vote as LEAVE
53%
Keep my vote as REMAIN
37%
CHANGE my vote to LEAVE
4%
CHANGE my vote to REMAIN
6%
I wouldn't bother voting
No votes

Total votes : 51
SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Re: If there was a second EU Vote.........

Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:01 pm

aaaae wrote:
SaigonSaddler wrote:
Cheesebag wrote:Absolutely will.... look at all the money we will save in the long run, maybe the brexiteers will get a tax rebate then :D

All Walsall Libraries except central closing, council tax up 5% and a 86 million hole to find savings for, I heard today. How much will we be expected to pay to gain access to the EU again? Just wondering when 'the savings' will come along? :?

Local government has never had enough cash to run local services and has always relied on huge dollops of cash from central government.

Both central and local government are spending far more than they raise in taxes, so something has to change.

Central government has chosen to cut funding and therefore local government has to cut services.

I would much rather we raised more in tax revenues from the rich and from multi-national companies. To bring this back to the EU, Britain's membership of the EU has made it much easier for companies like Apple and Microsoft and Amazon and Starbucks and even U2 (Bono you barclays) to avoid paying any tax at all. So the bottom line is that it is the EU's fault that public services are being strangled. Maybe when we tell Apple et al. to pay their fair share of tax or fudge off from this green and pleasant land we can get out libraries back..... :mrgreen:

I agree but wishful thinking methinks. :(

tinned
Site Addict

Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:10 pm

SaigonSaddler wrote:
Cheesebag wrote:Absolutely will.... look at all the money we will save in the long run, maybe the brexiteers will get a tax rebate then :D

All Walsall Libraries except central closing, council tax up 5% and a 86 million hole to find savings for, I heard today. How much will we be expected to pay to gain access to the EU again? Just wondering when 'the savings' will come along? :?

Local government in cost cutting shock! That never happened pre-Brexit did it? :roll:

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:18 pm

tinned wrote:
SaigonSaddler wrote:

Local government in cost cutting shock! That never happened pre-Brexit did it? :roll:

Wasn't leaving supposed to curtail that though? 350 million for the NHS to start with.
Oh look MORE cuts. LESS services. HIGHER prices for goods or LESS product.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/companie ... spartanntp

Now we are seriously considering PAYING to gain access to the market we had in the first place.

Great savings ... :roll: :roll: :roll:

tinned
Site Addict

Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:28 pm

SaigonSaddler wrote:
tinned wrote:
SaigonSaddler wrote:

Wasn't leaving supposed to curtail that though? 350 million for the NHS to start with.

Now we are seriously considering PAYING to gain access to the market we had in the first place.

Is your link supposed to add strength to your brexit doom mongering?

"It's not the first time Birds Eye has been at the centre of a price row. In 2012 the size of the pack was reduced by 25% from 16 to 12 burgers but the price shot up from £3.98 to £4.29, making things even WORSE."

So it was WORSE in 2012, years before Brexit was even considered a possibility. You really need to up your arguments if you want to convince us of the Brexit catastrophe you try to portray :wink:

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:41 pm

tinned wrote:
SaigonSaddler wrote:
tinned wrote:
SaigonSaddler wrote:

Is your link supposed to add strength to your brexit doom mongering?

"It's not the first time Birds Eye has been at the centre of a price row. In 2012 the size of the pack was reduced by 25% from 16 to 12 burgers but the price shot up from £3.98 to £4.29, making things even WORSE."

So it was WORSE in 2012, years before Brexit was even considered a possibility. You really need to up your arguments if you want to convince us of the Brexit catastrophe you try to portray :wink:

Hang on, I'm just pointing out what's actually happening - that's brexit 'doom mongering'? Is this an extension of 'project fear'? :?

The pound has lost value precisely because of the uncertainty caused by the brexit chaos. Multiple goods have increased in price specifically because it's more expensive to purchase those imported goods.

Highlighting past price increases and trying to say that this makes it all absolutely fine is utterly ridiculous. Yes, prices went up in the past. But the impact of brexit is already challenging and widespread. CUTS to services, INCREASES in costs. HIGHER prices. LESS product.

I'm asking where the alleged savings are going to be made for everyone.

Sound_out
Site Addict

Location: Draining the swamp and watching the truth come out.

Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:35 pm

SaigonSaddler wrote:Hang on, I'm just pointing out what's actually happening - that's brexit 'doom mongering'? Is this an extension of 'project fear'?

The pound has lost value precisely because of the uncertainty caused by the brexit chaos. Multiple goods have increased in price specifically because it's more expensive to purchase those imported goods.

Highlighting past price increases and trying to say that this makes it all absolutely fine is utterly ridiculous. Yes, prices went up in the past. But the impact of brexit is already challenging and widespread. CUTS to services, INCREASES in costs. HIGHER prices. LESS product.

I'm asking where the alleged savings are going to be made for everyone.

So you've highlighted what you believe are the negative reactions to Brexit, now balance your argument with the positive reactions to the vote! :idea:

Previous
Return to Sound_Out Corner