If there was a second EU Vote.........

The place for all the weird and whacky musings and fake news.
Forum rules
Be nice. Play fair.

I WOULD.....

Keep my vote as LEAVE
27
53%
Keep my vote as REMAIN
19
37%
CHANGE my vote to LEAVE
2
4%
CHANGE my vote to REMAIN
3
6%
I wouldn't bother voting
0
No votes
 
Total votes : 51
User avatar
Cheesebag
Site Addict
 
Posts: 4446
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: At poo poo's house, apparently ;)

If there was a second EU Vote.........

Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:19 am

What would you do????

Wragbyred
Glitterati
 
Posts: 860
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:42 pm

Re: If there was a second EU Vote.........

Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:34 pm

Where's the option "keep my vote as remain but still bitch about the result"?

User avatar
Cheesebag
Site Addict
 
Posts: 4446
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: At poo poo's house, apparently ;)

Re: If there was a second EU Vote.........

Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:56 pm

That's a given......

I forgot the "I know everything about what's good for Britain although I don't live here anymore" option :D

swampysaddler
UTS Veteran
 
Posts: 470
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:19 am
Location: Norfolk

Re: If there was a second EU Vote.........

Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:59 pm

Or there should be an option for "I voted remain and lost but refuse to accept the result because it makes my Pimms taste nasty".

User avatar
Manchester Saddler
Site Addict
 
Posts: 5017
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:04 pm
Location: Manchester

Re: If there was a second EU Vote.........

Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:16 pm

Or maybe the "I am a gullible cave-dwelling ostrich " option.

:D

User avatar
Cheesebag
Site Addict
 
Posts: 4446
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: At poo poo's house, apparently ;)

Re: If there was a second EU Vote.........

Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:16 pm

Early poll suggests my thoughts are right... All this nonsense from the likes of The Independent and the New Zealand and Vietnam trade council that people would change their vote to stay is rubbish.

User avatar
Sound_out
Site Addict
 
Posts: 5423
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2004 4:19 pm
Location: Draining the swamp and watching the truth come out.

Re: If there was a second EU Vote.........

Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:36 pm

Watch the Remain vote go up when Super Gabor gets on here with his multiple user accounts! :lol:

User avatar
Super Gabor
UTS Legend
 
Posts: 2196
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:26 pm

Re: If there was a second EU Vote.........

Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:15 pm

Sound_out wrote:his multiple user accounts! :lol:
??eh??

User avatar
Manchester Saddler
Site Addict
 
Posts: 5017
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:04 pm
Location: Manchester

Re: If there was a second EU Vote.........

Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:34 pm

I think you'll find that the ostriches are still ostriches! And, of course, most of the Brexiteers on here come from Walsall anyway!

I would suggest we have another National Referendum and see what happens.

:D

Oh - and, of course, Soundy will never want to admit he's wrong and will therefore blow his own trumpet - with his bizarre nemeses in tow (Soundy and TS in the tree ... you know the rest :wink: ).

:mrgreen:

reedswood sadler
UTS Veteran
 
Posts: 396
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:23 pm
Location: J block

Re: If there was a second EU Vote.........

Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:38 pm

I voted leave and would do so again my reasons for leaving have not changed and do not include immigration or believing everything that was said, I may be what our remain friends class as old and white but am not thick or racist.

As I believe the referendum was used as a protest vote as I have posted before I would have expected a move to the remain side which does not seem so at moment although only small numbers yet.

swampysaddler
UTS Veteran
 
Posts: 470
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:19 am
Location: Norfolk

Re: If there was a second EU Vote.........

Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:56 pm

Manchester Saddler wrote:I think you'll find that the ostriches are still ostriches! And, of course, most of the Brexiteers on here come from Walsall anyway!

I would suggest we have another National Referendum and see what happens.

:D

Oh - and, of course, Soundy will never want to admit he's wrong and will therefore blow his own trumpet - with his bizarre nemeses in tow (Soundy and TS in the tree ... you know the rest :wink: ).

:mrgreen:




And just why would you suggest this ? 52% to 48% is fair result.
If the vote had been the other way round and Remain had won by 4% would you be calling for a 2nd Referendum then ?
Would you hell.
You would be sat above your "Gloating Hotel" preaching "I told you so" which is a trait only you can succeed at.
Suck it up buttercup, you lost. Weep in your Pimms and accept it.
Toodle pip.

User avatar
Super Gabor
UTS Legend
 
Posts: 2196
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:26 pm

Re: If there was a second EU Vote.........

Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:06 pm

swampysaddler wrote:If the vote had been the other way round and Remain had won by 4% would you be calling for a 2nd Referendum then ?

Farage would. :wink:

User avatar
Manchester Saddler
Site Addict
 
Posts: 5017
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:04 pm
Location: Manchester

Re: If there was a second EU Vote.........

Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:36 pm

Pimms :lol:

"You lost"?

I think the UK lost and the punishment will soon be evident for even the thickest ostrich!

WE HAVEN'T LEFT YET!!!

Oh - and by the way, if the result HAD been the other way round, do you think UKIP would have disbanded?

How naive!

:lol:

User avatar
SaigonSaddler
Site Addict
 
Posts: 9333
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:23 pm
Location: Planning Bali - Lombok - Sumbawa - Komodo - Flores

Re: If there was a second EU Vote.........

Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:12 am

Cheesebag wrote:Early poll suggests my thoughts are right... All this nonsense from the likes of The Independent and the New Zealand and Vietnam trade council that people would change their vote to stay is rubbish.


:lol: :lol: :lol:

Comprehensive sampling of the population! Move over Ipsos. :D
Can just see May logging on and pouring over the results of this one .... Mmmm the UTS Slightly Off Topic survey says .... yes but Theresa, 80% of those are from three individuals ... :lol:
Just you wait till I mobilise the 86 million Vietnamese Remain contingent. :wink:

Where's the 'fell for the leave bullshit and am too entrenched to accept that I might have been wrong, but secretly know it' option?
:mrgreen:

User avatar
Cheesebag
Site Addict
 
Posts: 4446
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: At poo poo's house, apparently ;)

Re: If there was a second EU Vote.........

Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:10 am

Lollza.....


It's proven in FACT that I am more accurate than MORI or ISISPOLL or whatever...


Where's the cat emoji? :D

User avatar
IHTC.
Site Addict
 
Posts: 5239
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:08 pm
Location: West Bromwich

Re: If there was a second EU Vote.........

Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:41 pm

Wragbyred wrote:Where's the option "keep my vote as remain but still bitch about the result"?


:lol:

philthesaddler
Site Addict
 
Posts: 5022
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:13 pm
Location: Bescot Stadium, 'the stadium that never closes'. Opening hours Mon-Fri 10am-4pm

Re: If there was a second EU Vote.........

Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:36 pm

Cheesebag wrote:Early poll suggests my thoughts are right... All this nonsense from the likes of The Independent and the New Zealand and Vietnam trade council that people would change their vote to stay is rubbish.


Interestingly the result on the original EU Referendum thread was pretty much bang on. Perhaps UTS represents a true cross section of society. Forget all these polling agencies spending thousands on canvassing...just post a thread on UTS!

User avatar
Exile
Jobsworth
 
Posts: 22614
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 7:06 pm
Location: ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Re: If there was a second EU Vote.........

Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:32 pm

philthesaddler wrote:
Cheesebag wrote:Early poll suggests my thoughts are right... All this nonsense from the likes of The Independent and the New Zealand and Vietnam trade council that people would change their vote to stay is rubbish.


Interestingly the result on the original EU Referendum thread was pretty much bang on. Perhaps UTS represents a true cross section of society. Forget all these polling agencies spending thousands on canvassing...just post a thread on UTS!

Worked for bacon sarnies, albeit posters had access to empirical results based on personal experiences. Mostly. I'm sure some would have clicked whichever option the voices in their head agreed on.

User avatar
Andy_Petterson
Glitterati
 
Posts: 1172
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:30 pm

Re: If there was a second EU Vote.........

Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:43 pm

I don;t want a 2nd vote let leave the EU. people should have to live with the consequences of their actions.

User avatar
saddlerken
Site Addict
 
Posts: 3250
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:24 pm
Location: The Mill

Re: If there was a second EU Vote.........

Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:07 am

There's a similar poll on Facebook going the leave way too. And that with a younger electorate.

I reckon the majority would increase.

User avatar
Manchester Saddler
Site Addict
 
Posts: 5017
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:04 pm
Location: Manchester

Re: If there was a second EU Vote.........

Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:46 am

Proves nothing! The majority would not increase. As more and more of the consequences become evident, I reckon there will be more of a feeling of "What have I done?"

User avatar
Sound_out
Site Addict
 
Posts: 5423
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2004 4:19 pm
Location: Draining the swamp and watching the truth come out.

Re: If there was a second EU Vote.........

Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:47 am

Manchester Saddler wrote:Proves nothing! The majority would not increase. As more and more of the consequences become evident, I reckon there will be more of a feeling of "What have I done?"


#outoftouch

User avatar
Cheesebag
Site Addict
 
Posts: 4446
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: At poo poo's house, apparently ;)

Re: If there was a second EU Vote.........

Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:34 am

Manchester Saddler wrote:Proves nothing! The majority would not increase. As more and more of the consequences become evident, I reckon there will be more of a feeling of "What have I done?"


Not a chance.... I agree with the hardening of stance. Leave would get more

User avatar
SaigonSaddler
Site Addict
 
Posts: 9333
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:23 pm
Location: Planning Bali - Lombok - Sumbawa - Komodo - Flores

Re: If there was a second EU Vote.........

Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:01 pm

On the basis that the Leave promises have all turned into dogshit as well as the clear fact that the government is in absolute chaos over Brexit and it's damaging the economy, those with an open mind would revisit their decision. Remember that Walsall returned a pretty high leave vote, so hardly a true reflection of the country as a whole.

Remain would win now at a canter.

User avatar
SaigonSaddler
Site Addict
 
Posts: 9333
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:23 pm
Location: Planning Bali - Lombok - Sumbawa - Komodo - Flores

Re: If there was a second EU Vote.........

Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:14 pm

Oh yeah, and now serious talk of 'paying for EU access' ... LOL Don't remember that plastered on the side of the leave bus. :mrgreen:

Leave voters now very much like the orchestra playing as the Titanic sinks.

Shambles.

User avatar
Sound_out
Site Addict
 
Posts: 5423
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2004 4:19 pm
Location: Draining the swamp and watching the truth come out.

Re: If there was a second EU Vote.........

Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:26 pm

SaigonSaddler wrote:On the basis that the Leave promises have all turned into dogshit as well as the clear fact that the government is in absolute chaos over Brexit and it's damaging the economy, those with an open mind would revisit their decision. Remember that Walsall returned a pretty high leave vote, so hardly a true reflection of the country as a whole.

Remain would win now at a canter.


Rubbish.

User avatar
SaigonSaddler
Site Addict
 
Posts: 9333
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:23 pm
Location: Planning Bali - Lombok - Sumbawa - Komodo - Flores

Re: If there was a second EU Vote.........

Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:36 pm

Sound_out wrote:
SaigonSaddler wrote:On the basis that the Leave promises have all turned into dogshit as well as the clear fact that the government is in absolute chaos over Brexit and it's damaging the economy, those with an open mind would revisit their decision. Remember that Walsall returned a pretty high leave vote, so hardly a true reflection of the country as a whole.

Remain would win now at a canter.


Rubbish.


Struggling to cope with the sheer multi-layered depth of the counter argument.

:oops: :mrgreen:

User avatar
Sound_out
Site Addict
 
Posts: 5423
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2004 4:19 pm
Location: Draining the swamp and watching the truth come out.

Re: If there was a second EU Vote.........

Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:51 pm

SaigonSaddler wrote:
Sound_out wrote:
SaigonSaddler wrote:On the basis that the Leave promises have all turned into dogshit as well as the clear fact that the government is in absolute chaos over Brexit and it's damaging the economy, those with an open mind would revisit their decision. Remember that Walsall returned a pretty high leave vote, so hardly a true reflection of the country as a whole.

Remain would win now at a canter.


Rubbish.


Struggling to cope with the sheer multi-layered depth of the counter argument.

:oops: :mrgreen:


Nope. :wink: :mrgreen:

User avatar
Cheesebag
Site Addict
 
Posts: 4446
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: At poo poo's house, apparently ;)

Re: If there was a second EU Vote.........

Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:05 pm

Remain would lose again... then cry for a third vote

User avatar
PT
Site Addict
 
Posts: 3229
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2005 8:04 pm
Location: Liverpool and skaville

Re: If there was a second EU Vote.........

Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:33 am

I ended up voting remain, but this was based purely on the buffoonery that was leading the Brexit charge. There is a progressive argument for Brexit that was drowned out by during the awful debate leading up to the vote. That progressive argument would be the reason the likes of Dennis Skinner, Kate Hoey and Frank Field voted out.

I believe that there are many like me who reflected on the far-right hi-jacking of the debate, the hideous murder of Jo Cox only a day or two before the vote who, despite their instincts, went with Remain due to the fear of what we could become. A more balanced debate could actually see the majority for Brexit rising.

Next
Return to Sound_Out Corner

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests