Aston Villa

The place for all the weird and whacky musings and fake news.
Forum rules
Be nice. Play fair.
User avatar
Cheesebag
Site Addict
 
Posts: 4462
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: At poo poo's house, apparently ;)

Aston Villa

Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:06 am

Discuss..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
Sound_out
Site Addict
 
Posts: 5519
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2004 4:19 pm
Location: Draining the swamp and watching the truth come out.

Re: Aston Villa

Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:10 am

Biggest club in the Midlands. :wink:

Welsh_Saddler
Site Addict
 
Posts: 8879
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2005 5:44 pm
Location: The beautiful Afan Valley

Re: Aston Villa

Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:48 am

Sound_out wrote:Biggest club in the Midlands. :wink:


.....once upon a time

User avatar
scott_powell
Site Addict
 
Posts: 2745
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:23 pm
Location: Clunge

Re: Aston Villa

Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:55 am

There's a big difference between the biggest and the best. Being the biggest is nothing to be proud of, especially in Villa's position. Scum club with deluded fans.

User avatar
aaaae
Site Addict
 
Posts: 6681
Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:38 am
Location: Beware, I bear more grudges than lonely High Court judges...

Re: Aston Villa

Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:02 pm

26,435 at Villa last night. Leicester and Stoke are both getting more than that.

User avatar
Sound_out
Site Addict
 
Posts: 5519
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2004 4:19 pm
Location: Draining the swamp and watching the truth come out.

Re: Aston Villa

Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:15 pm

Villa are the biggest club in the Midlands by some way and the most successful. :idea:

As I predicted last season, Leicester will probably be relegated this season. :mrgreen:

User avatar
scott_powell
Site Addict
 
Posts: 2745
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:23 pm
Location: Clunge

Re: Aston Villa

Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:40 pm

Sound_out wrote:Villa are the biggest club in the Midlands by some way and the most successful. :idea:

As I predicted last season, Leicester will probably be relegated this season. :mrgreen:


Yet they're 16 in the Championship.

User avatar
Pedagogue
Board Pedant
 
Posts: 7075
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 3:21 pm
Location: Can I fix it? Can I ****!

Re: Aston Villa

Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:50 pm

I agree that Villa will not be in the Championship next season - they'll be in League One! :lol: :lol:

User avatar
Sound_out
Site Addict
 
Posts: 5519
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2004 4:19 pm
Location: Draining the swamp and watching the truth come out.

Re: Aston Villa

Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:05 pm

scott_powell wrote:Yet they're 16 in the Championship.


The mossiveness of a club should not be judged on a snapshot of a single season. :idea:

On the topic of Leicester, I've used Google to find out exactly what I said:

Google Search: Sound_out, leicester, could be relegated next season, site:www.upthesaddlers.com

Google Found wrote:SOTV3 - Page 14 - upthesaddlers.com
http://www.upthesaddlers.com/viewtopic. ... 7137&sid...
17 Apr 2016 - 30 posts - ‎18 authors
Re: The size of crowd debate - Some talk of Leicester expanding their ground. .... Sound_out - you still haven't answered Manchester's question. .... They could get relegated next season then are Albion going to be the biggest ...


Gotta love Google. :D

:mrgreen:

User avatar
scott_powell
Site Addict
 
Posts: 2745
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:23 pm
Location: Clunge

Re: Aston Villa

Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:39 pm

Sound_out wrote:
scott_powell wrote:Yet they're 16 in the Championship.


The mossiveness of a club should not be judged on a snapshot of a single season. :idea:

On the topic of Leicester, I've used Google to find out exactly what I said:

Google Search: Sound_out, leicester, could be relegated next season, site:www.upthesaddlers.com

Google Found wrote:SOTV3 - Page 14 - upthesaddlers.com
http://www.upthesaddlers.com/viewtopic. ... 7137&sid...
17 Apr 2016 - 30 posts - ‎18 authors
Re: The size of crowd debate - Some talk of Leicester expanding their ground. .... Sound_out - you still haven't answered Manchester's question. .... They could get relegated next season then are Albion going to be the biggest ...


Gotta love Google. :D

:mrgreen:


You've also said Villa are too big for the Championship, cementing why you lot are hated in the Midlands.

User avatar
Sound_out
Site Addict
 
Posts: 5519
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2004 4:19 pm
Location: Draining the swamp and watching the truth come out.

Re: Aston Villa

Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:59 pm

scott_powell wrote:You've also said Villa are too big for the Championship, cementing why you lot are hated in the Midlands.


I did because they are!

105 seasons in the top tier of English football.
Played in every Premier League season up to 2016.
Seventh in the All-time FA Premier League table.
Fifth highest total of major honours won by an English club
Hold the record number of league goals scored by any team in the English top flight.
One of five English teams to have won the European Cup

MOSSIV! :idea:

User avatar
Kevlar
UTS Veteran
 
Posts: 317
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:19 pm

Re: Aston Villa

Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:09 pm

Sound_out wrote:One of five English teams to have won the European Cup



........at least the other four have also managed to beat Walsall.


Villa against Saddlers , played 4 , won 0 .

Welsh_Saddler
Site Addict
 
Posts: 8879
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2005 5:44 pm
Location: The beautiful Afan Valley

Re: Aston Villa

Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:28 pm

Kevlar wrote:
Sound_out wrote:One of five English teams to have won the European Cup



........at least the other four have also managed to beat Walsall.


Villa against Saddlers , played 4 , won 0 .


Now, Kevlar, you're being naughty ...... you must not forget that Aston Villa are quite able to beat Walsall, and in Villa's terms it was very recent:-

25th Jan 1930 F A Cup Villa 3 Walsall 1

13th Jan 1912 F A Cup Villa 6 Walsall 0 (I believe Pedagogue was at that game :wink: )

:lol: :lol:

User avatar
Sound_out
Site Addict
 
Posts: 5519
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2004 4:19 pm
Location: Draining the swamp and watching the truth come out.

Re: Aston Villa

Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:44 pm

Kevlar wrote:
Sound_out wrote:One of five English teams to have won the European Cup



........at least the other four have also managed to beat Walsall.


Villa against Saddlers , played 4 , won 0 .


And that is a MOSSIV achievement by Walsall FC! :D

User avatar
Super Gabor
UTS Legend
 
Posts: 2218
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:26 pm

Re: Aston Villa

Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:55 pm

Not been following their fortunes too closely but this thread prompted me to check the table.

Last 8 league games:
Won 0
Drawn 2
Lost 6.

Worst points tally of any Championship club in that timeframe.

Blimey. :shock:

swampysaddler
UTS Veteran
 
Posts: 521
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:19 am
Location: Norfolk

Re: Aston Villa

Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:15 pm

Super Gabor wrote:Not been following their fortunes too closely but this thread prompted me to check the table.

Last 8 league games:
Won 0
Drawn 2
Lost 6.

Worst points tally of any Championship club in that timeframe.

Blimey. :shock:



And to make it worse on the Birmingham Mails match report some fans are calling for Bruce to go to be replaced by .....................................Harry Redknapp :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
SaigonSaddler
Site Addict
 
Posts: 9441
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:23 pm
Location: Northern Thailand or Burma

Re: Aston Villa

Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:53 am

scott_powell wrote:There's a big difference between the biggest and the best. Being the biggest is nothing to be proud of, especially in Villa's position. Scum club with deluded fans.


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This.

Vile are complete cack, and each and every season they're away from the mega money in the Premiershit they become more irrelevant.

Biggest club in the midlands = JOKE. CLUB. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

User avatar
Sound_out
Site Addict
 
Posts: 5519
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2004 4:19 pm
Location: Draining the swamp and watching the truth come out.

Re: Aston Villa

Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:26 am

I really don't understand this Neanderthal hatred of Aston Villa, and nor do I want to! :roll: :lol:

#hatersgonnahate

leics_saddler
UTS Legend
 
Posts: 1454
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:12 pm

Re: Aston Villa

Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:27 am

Neither do I, but it's not going to stop me laughing my tits off at them.
And the dingles for good measure.

User avatar
Sound_out
Site Addict
 
Posts: 5519
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2004 4:19 pm
Location: Draining the swamp and watching the truth come out.

Re: Aston Villa

Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:34 am

leics_saddler wrote:Neither do I, but it's not going to stop me laughing my tits off at them.
And the dingles for good measure.


Laughing isn't the problem but when you get people saying things like scum and they're hated etc. you have to wonder about the state of mind of these people.

User avatar
scott_powell
Site Addict
 
Posts: 2745
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:23 pm
Location: Clunge

Re: Aston Villa

Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:48 am

Sound_out wrote:
leics_saddler wrote:Neither do I, but it's not going to stop me laughing my tits off at them.
And the dingles for good measure.


Laughing isn't the problem but when you get people saying things like scum and they're hated etc. you have to wonder about the state of mind of these people.


It's quotes like "Villa are too big for the Championship" which spark the dislike, which then snowballs into hatred. Maybe I just know the idiotic section of Vile supporters (and I know a LOT, many who live in Walsall and take the piss for me supporting my local team, another reason to dislike them. Talk down at me like I'm shite on the bottom of their shoe). Villa fans tend to be patronising too, a trait I despise in any fan. It goes way past "banter" (Banter, a get out for being a cockend .. "Just banter mate"). West Brom/Blues fans are completely different in their attitudes towards Walsall, two teams I always hope do well.

User avatar
SaigonSaddler
Site Addict
 
Posts: 9441
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:23 pm
Location: Northern Thailand or Burma

Re: Aston Villa

Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:06 pm

scott_powell wrote:
Sound_out wrote:
leics_saddler wrote:Neither do I, but it's not going to stop me laughing my tits off at them.
And the dingles for good measure.


Laughing isn't the problem but when you get people saying things like scum and they're hated etc. you have to wonder about the state of mind of these people.


It's quotes like "Villa are too big for the Championship" which spark the dislike, which then snowballs into hatred. Maybe I just know the idiotic section of Vile supporters (and I know a LOT, many who live in Walsall and take the piss for me supporting my local team, another reason to dislike them. Talk down at me like I'm shite on the bottom of their shoe). Villa fans tend to be patronising too, a trait I despise in any fan. It goes way past "banter" (Banter, a get out for being a cockend .. "Just banter mate"). West Brom/Blues fans are completely different in their attitudes towards Walsall, two teams I always hope do well.


Everyone knows at least one mOssive villa bellend - not hard when most of the fans are middle clarse barclays from Solihull or snotty school kids. I agree that Bluenose and Baggies fans are more grounded and just generally, a bit nicer. :D

User avatar
scott_powell
Site Addict
 
Posts: 2745
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:23 pm
Location: Clunge

Re: Aston Villa

Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:12 pm

SaigonSaddler wrote:
scott_powell wrote:
Sound_out wrote:
leics_saddler wrote:Neither do I, but it's not going to stop me laughing my tits off at them.
And the dingles for good measure.


Laughing isn't the problem but when you get people saying things like scum and they're hated etc. you have to wonder about the state of mind of these people.


It's quotes like "Villa are too big for the Championship" which spark the dislike, which then snowballs into hatred. Maybe I just know the idiotic section of Vile supporters (and I know a LOT, many who live in Walsall and take the piss for me supporting my local team, another reason to dislike them. Talk down at me like I'm shite on the bottom of their shoe). Villa fans tend to be patronising too, a trait I despise in any fan. It goes way past "banter" (Banter, a get out for being a cockend .. "Just banter mate"). West Brom/Blues fans are completely different in their attitudes towards Walsall, two teams I always hope do well.


Everyone knows at least one mOssive villa bellend - not hard when most of the fans are middle clarse barclays from Solihull or snotty school kids. I agree that Bluenose and Baggies fans are more grounded and just generally, a bit nicer. :D


Unfortunately I know quite a few!

User avatar
Super Gabor
UTS Legend
 
Posts: 2218
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:26 pm

Re: Aston Villa

Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:59 pm

Image

Great photo of smiley Ron.

swampysaddler
UTS Veteran
 
Posts: 521
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:19 am
Location: Norfolk

Re: Aston Villa

Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:31 pm

I think Dean Saunders has been in Soundy's potting shed too long.

"Villa are one of the biggest clubs in the country - if it were down to size they would be in the top six in the Premier League," said Dean Saunders, who played for Villa from 1992-95 and helped them finish second in 1992-93.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39015629

User avatar
Sound_out
Site Addict
 
Posts: 5519
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2004 4:19 pm
Location: Draining the swamp and watching the truth come out.

Re: Aston Villa

Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:58 pm

Villa have won the last two games Swampster, could there be a late promotion push?

User avatar
Cheesebag
Site Addict
 
Posts: 4462
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: At poo poo's house, apparently ;)

Re: Aston Villa

Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:18 am

Sound_out wrote:Villa have won the last two games Swampster, could there be a late promotion push?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
Sound_out
Site Addict
 
Posts: 5519
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2004 4:19 pm
Location: Draining the swamp and watching the truth come out.

Re: Aston Villa

Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:44 am

16 points behind with 36 points still up for grabs. It's a bloody tall order but if anyone can do it, it's the biggest club in the Midlands! :wink:

Mossiv!

User avatar
SaigonSaddler
Site Addict
 
Posts: 9441
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:23 pm
Location: Northern Thailand or Burma

Re: Aston Villa

Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:58 am

Cheesebag wrote:
Sound_out wrote:Villa have won the last two games Swampster, could there be a late promotion push?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

F'idiot.

User avatar
Sound_out
Site Addict
 
Posts: 5519
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2004 4:19 pm
Location: Draining the swamp and watching the truth come out.

Re: Aston Villa

Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:25 pm

Cheesebag wrote:
Sound_out wrote:Villa have won the last two games Swampster, could there be a late promotion push?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


That's 3 on the bounce. :D

#leavingitlate

Next
Return to Sound_Out Corner

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests