Player Of The Season 23/24

Easily Comley for me, breaks up play, has a bit of finesse about him, rarely has a bad game. When Hutch is on it, he is high level League One which 100% puts him in with a shout, when he has an off day which seems to every 3/4 games he makes no impact at all.

2 Likes

If you watch Comley he never wastes possession either rarely gives the ball away i really like him and glad we got him tied down.

Comley did miss the first part of the season, I do agree he’s been excellent

1 Like

Save all the arguing, I’d just give it to Danny Johnson. In fact give him the Young Player of the Season as well :+1:

Comley and Dave for me, Comley breaks up play and goes about it almost unnoticed. A very solid player who rarely gets caught out.
Dave has come on leaps and bounds and has proven to be very effective.

1 Like

Hutchinson for me. Sone of the recent games where he’s been a bit quiet is mainly down to teams’ doubling up on him, which in theory gives more space for our other attacking players.

I think he walks into any other team in the division.

Comley would probably be my other shout!

Struggling this year, too many have been inconsistent.

I’ll go Comley if I have to, he’s crucial in the role he plays.

Young player, maybe Adegboyega just for his goals and composure

I would go Hutch or Coms it’s such a close call as both offer such a different thing to the team… Young player would be Draper or Jacko, both given us half a season or so each… Dave has to be most improved

Comley and Jacko

Yup. Comley and Smith.

Easy choice if you rate consistency and effectiveness.

It’s harder than usual partly because we have seen some better contributions and partly because so many players have been out for considerable periods.

I think I’d agree with Comley although I do think Hutchinson gives him a run for his money. I don’t buy this no-because-he-can-do-better stuff. He has made a big difference to our attacking options and it has been a while since we had a midfielder scoring so many.

I cannot understand Smith as the young player. Okagbue for me, loanee or not. It would have been Draper of course, had he stayed.

Hutchinson by a million miles
I understand Comley for second but above hutch? Please.
Without hutch we would be nowhere near the play offs and he is to good for this level
Hutch is class and we are lucky to have him
Comley would not get above league 2 this is his level
People don’t care for entertainment or talent anymore. Comley over hutch some people just want to be bored

2 Likes

How anyone can argue Gordon over Hutch due to consistency is laughable :rofl::rofl:

Gordon has been up there with the most inconsistent players we have all season….and that’s genuine inconsistency because his good really isn’t really THAT good!!

Hutch is wrongly, imo, tagged inconsistent because some fans seem to judge him solely on whether he’s scored a great goal or not and that his really good is so much better than others and people get carried away expecting that all the time - like when someone said he needs to play like Gillingham at home……every week :rofl::rofl::rofl:

It’s Hutch for me. By a country mile.

Not only has he 22 direct goal contributions, is our top scorer and top assist maker, he also the most consistent appearance maker, carries the weight of expectation most weeks for the whole squad and their results and is easily the most heavily marked by opposition and is the focus of their defensive game plans almost every week.

Without him we’d be several points worse off which on this division is the difference between 7th and 18th!!!

In fact I’d go as far to say he’s actually one of our most underrated players!!

Even if not outstanding he’s often who makes us tick.

Comley has done a solid job but the PLAYER of the season? Wow….

11 Likes

Btw for me it’s :-

Hutch
McEntee / Smith

1 Like

Id give it Knowles just to piss everyone off.

Seriously, its Hutch though. can be a bit of a victim of his own success, as if he struggles so do we, and its glaringly obvious.

2 Likes

Depends what you value more in a player. If we are going by doing the dirty work, and breaking up play then Comley is Player of the season. Solid 7/10 pretty much every game this season.

If you value scoring and goal involvements then Hutch is the standout. If Draper stayed I’d probably be saying him.

Young player would’ve been Mcentee if it wasn’t for injuries. Gonna have to go with Okagbue however. The lads gone from strength to strength and would definitely go in for him if available again in the summer.

Comleys played a similar amount of games (3 less but more minutes) than Stirk…and Stirks numbers dominate Comleys in almost every department….

I like Comley and always have….but he’s very flavour of the month at the moment without actually doing much more than he’s ever done.

Which is why McEntee would be straight back in the midfield when fit :wink:

Oh nooooo……what have you done :rofl: :military_helmet:

No outstanding player for me the best young player is lad on loan from norwich

1 Like