Sky Sports agrees new five-year EFL deal

The end of iFollow video broadcasts from the start of next season. Bad news for those who VPN on a Saturday at 3pm! (edit: actually think for “International audiences” it will remain the same)

All live games up to FA Cup 3rd Round day to be announced before the start of the season.

I’m not sure this replaces iFollow international, just sounds to me like they will be showing more games on red button including our league. 3 O’clock kick offs and the rules around it are the same.

Will change some Kick off times (if we are selected) but to be fair I’m all for it. League One and Two has been neglected for Sky for far too long. Glad they are actually finally doing something with the rights.

4 Likes

According to the link,Ifollow continues for the non-domestic er, audience, so presumably still accessible with a VPN.

3 Likes

Yes, have now realised that point. As EN says, with extra matches being shown domestically we are likely to have a few moved from 3pm on Saturday to annoy match goers. But the extra coverage and revenue is welcome.

1 Like

All midweek away fixtures will be great for me

Don’t mind the weekend ones as i go to them all anyway, just got to hope we dont get a half 11 kick off at somewhere like Carlisle :smile:

I’d guess we’ll have to get used to matches being moved for Friday evening, Saturday lunchtime and Saturday evening kick offs.

2 Likes

Boo, no thanks.

3 Likes

Why? More money for the club, no effect on abroad fans, more chance of seeing us play for those that live around the country or can’t get to the game (if we are even on).

Found it interesting that literally every single club in the football league voted for it. I’d have thought something unanimously agreed on by football league clubs, who famously agree on nothing and only vote in their own interests, must be a positive.

4 Likes

Not in the interests or wishes of their supporters though.

Which I still haven’t heard a reason it’s not in theirs too.

How about:

Generally having your weekend fd about?

2 Likes

Oh the horror.

Personally I think 3 O’clock is only seen as a good time because of it’s familiarity :man_shrugging: One of the best games of the season I have been too this year was Newport away. Friday night, with a packed away end.

Partly tradition and routine, but partly historic as that’s when working men could actually make it to either play or watch.
That’s with out considering the transport issues for getting to games staged at random times.

1 Like

“random” times :joy:

I’m not clear about the 3pm Saturday matches. Will they be available to stream for overseas customers?

I believe so, I don’t think that has changed. In the EFLs statement it only said the domestic iFollow service will cease.

1 Like

Yes, according to that link.

Wìll they have more than one camera and operators who know how to use the focus button?

1 Like

I think when the news originally broke, they said there’d be more cameras.

1 Like

Donny away last year on a Friday night was a cracker too.

1 Like