W 2-1 vs Salford City (H) - League Two - Mon 1st April, 3pm

If he wasn’t injured there are few other explanations.

Unless Sadler decided to let this one slide on the basis that he’d try to ensure we were as ship shape as we could be for the last seven.

And if we win those last seven, he will definitely get a pass from me for yesterday’s nightmare.

It’s a perfect game for Jellis.

We will need a big team to handle Salford but I get the impression that Jellis is a battler.

We badly miss Earing but with Matt up front, at least we have a focal point.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Evans return too, given the aerial threat of Matt Smith.

Hopefully, there will be a big reaction against a tricky opposition in front of a large, expectant crowd.

3 Likes

‘Pedagogue mode’
Afternoon PT, hope you don’t mind but it’s crowbar not ‘kro bar’ I wouldn’t normally comment on such serious matters but you have used it twice in recent posts and I didn’t want you to get a straight red.
Happy for you to quid pro quo any of my awful English anytime, you can’t be too careful nowadays. :sunglasses:
Haven’t I got better things to do? Well I’ve just sorted out my private sewage pumping station with a bit of routine maintenance and I’m having five minutes before I go and bake a cake. :cake:

2 Likes

Make sure you wash your hands first.

2 Likes

More than happy to be corrected. I think I was mixing it up with the pub chain name.

Thanks for sorting my shit out after attending to your own. :+1:

3 Likes

We really need a win on Monday to keep the flicker of hope alive. Sadler needs to brave and select DJ and Jamma as the front pairing to start.

4 Likes

Err. You do know the result the last time they started together?

What was the result when Faal and Gordon started together yesterday?

What would your team be then @Thanatos?

Monday?

What id do:

Smith

Adegboyega Dave Allen

Foulkes Comley Gordon

Hutch Tierney

DJ Matt

What I think we will see:

Evans

Dave Farq Daniels

Manny Comley Stirk Gordon

Hutch

DJT Matt

3 Likes

Ok, appreciate the response.

I don’t think J Gordon will get dropped. Faal probably ought to be, and I’d swap him for DJ or Matt

I wouldn’t play any combination of Matt/DJ/Faal together as I don’t think there’s enough work rate there.

Agree with Foulkes starting.

1 Like

Would have liked to have seen Jellis play by now if Earing is out, not really convinced by Tierney.

6 Likes

For me yesterday was like the Crewe playoff game didn’t see it coming and it knocked the stuffing out of a team going for promotion. Hope the reaction on Monday is different to the Crewe game. I can’t see anything about that side yesterday that looks like winning a game again yet alone getting promoted. Some of the managerial decisions yesterday were like watching a car crash. Just field players that are fit in their natural positions ffs.

1 Like

A-A it’s going to pee down all day Monday.

Do you really trust a weather forecast?

Why do you think he will change Smith for Evans?

I thought Dave Allen died a few years ago

3 Likes

Just my suspicion!

Has it been announced what injury Earing has?

Hamstring