W 2-1 vs Salford City (H) - League Two - Mon 1st April, 3pm

Although the goals were not Jackson Smith’s fault, if the roles were reversed, there would be an argument for a change after conceding five and then having a game 3 days later.

I do think that Matt Smith is a player who has destroyed us in the past a la James Hanson at Bradford.

I do think Evans is better at dealing with crosses and Monday will be a game where experience will count. Personally, I’d start Evans, Jamma and Farq if fit.

3 Likes

Hamstring, out for 2 weeks

1 Like

Wouldn’t disagree with that.

I’d go :-

Evan’s

Manny. PF. DD.

Oteh. Stirk. Comley. Allen.

Hutch.

DJ. Matt / Gordon.

The reason I’d go DJ and Matt / Gordon, before I’m accused of contradicting myself….is with hutch as a 10 and not an 8 I’d ask him to be the player who stretches the game and runs in behind off of Matt.

The extra holding player will allow Oteh and Hutch more attacking freedom and Allen offers balance.

With 7 to go and after 2 points from 12 my feeling is it’s sh!t or bust and games, especially at home are now games we have to win if we want to make it…….maybe it’s now or never for DJ?

6 Likes

Remind me which game it was

I think it might have been Sutton away…

2 Likes

I like that team except I would leave Allen in as well as Liam Gordon.

1 Like

Sutton away as @jjunior9 correctly answered

2 Likes

Think I’d go for the team too. Wouldn’t mind seeing Josh start but think Jamma and DJ is a better pairing for Salford. A game we need to win so we need someone like DJ who can put the ball in the net.

3 Likes

Whatever team Sadler picks it’s vital we earn three points fro this game.
We have to shake off the MK disaster, knuckle down and play to our capabilities, we do that things will be good.
We have two tricky fixtures coming up, maximum points are needed to keep us in the race.
UTS

Think Oteh and Matt would be a good striking Partnership, Matt great hold up and Oteh has pace,also two tall strikers for corners

1 Like

Not since Michael Fish’s in October 1987 mate :smile:

1 Like

Anyone thinking dj will be starting needs to give there head a wobble
Sadler hates the bloke that’s obvious enough by now

1 Like

Got a couple of weeks away from work so have taken the opportunity to sit where the away fans normally sit. Also booked Tranmere so hoping for a couple of good wins.

I’m going 3-1 - DJ to score two off the bench and then start against Tranmere and scored a hat trick for another 3-1.

Scrappy and deflating 1-1 draw.

1 Like

With Matt Smith to score for Salford

Given that Sadler is blindly selecting his “tried n trusted” regardless of their performances I cannot see the team selection differing much to the deflating showing at MK. Can’t see DJ getting a start or even a worthwhile outing from the bench. Hopefully we get Matt above Faal and maybe see Foulkes again with DD back on the bench. I would stick with Jacko all day long but let’s see what the 2pm announcement brings … more of the MS mates club no doubt

Today is a must win.

Would be nice if results could go in our favour again.

Crawley at Newport and Gillingham at Harrogate, could do with both being a draw.

Wimbledon at Stockport, Stockport win.

2 Likes

Hopefully this will put Friday to bed. Personally, i think a lot is due to having 2 weeks off. We dont cope well with having breaks. We seem to lose intensity.

Anyway, excited about today and about the Pizza outside the locker.

2 Likes

Matt Smith double and a performance “not like us”

Good line up - agree its ‘shit or bust’ - and ‘now or never’ for DJ - but can matt sadler overcome his usual caution? A Season defining moment.

1 Like