4th Round FA Cup!

Agreed, I don’t think Leicesters players will enjoy the game one bit and like I say if it’s about magic and upsets surely that puts us in front of Man City vs Arsenal(which there’s a good chance it will be) when they play each other twice a season and Brighton vs Liverpool or wolves for the same reason.

2 Likes

Yeah. Seen a number of ties like this over the years. Absolutely critical is getting past the first 30 mins. Leicster wont enjoy the physical challenge

1 Like

I’ve been supporting Walsall since March 2002.

Last time we played a Premier League club in the FA Cup was Fulham in February 2002 :smile:

8 Likes

what a day out the Man united game was even though we lost 5-1

5 Likes

That West Ham game was a cracker as well, even though we lost.

2 Likes

Was that the one where wacker pulled of that treble save?

If they’re looking for an upset, they may also go for:

Derby v West Ham and / or
Preston v Spurs

Hope I’m wrong, but as Leicester featured in this round, they may give them a miss. (Mind you there is the Lineker factor)

L2 home v Premier League. Must have a good chance of being a live game,

2 Likes

So this will be only the 2nd time in 17 seasons that we’ve reached the 4th rd.

1 Like

Have seen plenty of times where instead of going for a lower team playing prem for a possible upset, they’ve gone for an all prem tie because as far as they’re concerned football doesn’t exist outside the prem and no-one is interested in anything else, regardless how much they might mention magic of the cup and all that on the occassions they put Salford on.

4 Likes

It was. The game was on MOTD and much fuss was made of the save(s).

I’ve said the same.

We might not beat them because of the Quality factor - but turning up to Bescot, good crowd, we’re a bit of a stubborn side. We’ve got a bit of bite about us and if Daniels and Monte dig In we can be frustrating opposition.

3 Likes

Having played a huge part in getting us to Rd 4, no doubt DJ will be wanting to be there on the 28th and be part of it. (As we all will).

3 Likes

I’d like us to have a big lump an as option upfront against them they won’t like that they will be used to smaller faster strikers.

What a day!!! Man United hadn’t conceded a goal in god knows how long at Old Trafford and Boli put one over Schmeichal with an header!! Great memories……

3 Likes

Sure we took about 7500 there as well the big fat Jan season was entertaining

2 Likes

8000 that day…. Struggled to get tickets as they all come out the wood worm.

2 Likes

I thought you were hitting the sack!

1 Like

I think I remember this rightly

To get a ticket you had to have a ST, a stub from a previous game (was it Chesterfield). Or spend £25 in the club shop.

I remember being ill and missing one home game that season and I’m sure it was one I needed a stub for but I managed to get one and go to OT.

But the spend £25 to be able to buy a ticket stunt from the Club wasn’t one that sat well with me and still doesn’t today. It reflected the clubs view of fans back then.

3 Likes

I had just bought an MGB and it was it’s first run out, went with my wife and i had to pay £80 for the tickets.
We stopped at that pub just outside Manchester in a bit of a ditch?
When i got to the ground i realised that i had left my wallet on the window sill in the pub with £200 in it and the tickets
Drove like a madman back to the pub, hoping against hope that someone had handed it in
And they had, everything still in it :smiley:
Managed to still get to the start of the game in time, to us singing " big fat Yan’s barmy army" :grin:

5 Likes