4th Round FA Cup!

Paul Joannou is the Media Officer who did the co-commentary today @ButtsSaddler

Unlike others I could mention, he seems to genuinely care about the club that he works for. :+1:

4 Likes

Poor sutton villa

We are the only West Mids team definitely through, Wolves and West Brom face replays, Blues game was postponed and Villa and Coventry competed with each other for the funniest result of the weekend.

3 Likes

Should be a big crowd if not a sell out. Also after seeing them struggle to beat Gillingham yesterday its very winnable.

Ill take it.

Also Lols at the Villa, Emery looks like he’s gonna cry :joy:

1 Like

The club should try and bring over some of the investors like the guys from the Green Bay Packers as guests for this game as their season finishes tomorrow.

13 Likes

Also, Flynn has previous against Leicester in the FA Cup…

1 Like

I felt like I’d stepped back in time to the sixties, the team were as one and fans were excellent, roll on Leicester mark 2.

2 Likes

Not if they make the play offs

Let’s hope Brady’s still out.

1 Like

As someone who follows the Seahawks, here’s hoping they don’t!

1 Like

I am Fins fan, doing our best not to make the play offs.

Poor game against the jets, we are awful with Tua.

1 Like

Not sure how “nailed on” we are for the TV gig, there are some other matches that seem more likely although I hope I’m wrong:

• Wrexham v Sheffield United - Surely they can’t ignore the Hollywood appeal and one of the two lowest ranked teams remaining.
  • Manchester United v Reading - This is a pretty common FA Cup tie and always seems to be on the box.
  • Manchester City v Oxford or Arsenal - Assume Arsenal go through, two big teams playing each other.
  • Brighton v Liverpool or Wolves - Boring tie, but one that will probably be considered if Liverpool progress.
  • Boreham Wood or Accrington Stanley v Cardiff or Leeds - If Boreham and Leeds progress, they’ll probably be a certainty.
1 Like

It will reach 10k surely. Leicester will bring 2-3k no problem although personally I’d only give them half of the touchline stand.

And this is a prem team with many recognisable players so that will get a few daytrippers engaged.

Incredible to think in last 7 years they’ve won the premier league and FA cup but I bet the 7k home fans will be more looking forward to signing “Jamie Vardy your wife is a gras…” :joy:

1 Like

I hope its a sell out I’m sure if we give Leicester enough tickets they will flog as many as we can give em. However if we can shift 8 thousand home tickets then even better. I hope so, this is a breath of fresh air for Walsall.

4 Likes

Six ties get shown on BBC/ITV over the weekend.

You had one on Friday, Arsenal is tomorrow night and you had two yesterday and Leeds and Man. City games today.

It will be on one of the main channels for sure rather than tucked away on I player.

Villa implosion meant Stoke-Villa is out of the equation now and Stoke-Stevenage dosen’t quite have same appeal although it’s still two divisions difference and chance of a shock as Stevenage were brilliant today in how they approached the game.

There are 6 ties on TV. Preston v Spurs will be on as well.

Broadcast fee for the fourth round last year was £110,000 but Man Utd need it more than us. :sleeping:

1 Like

I’m chuffed that those who have never experienced us having a Cup Run will.have something to look back on. .

Those scenes after the match !!!

13 Likes

If it’s about an upset and the magic of the cup I’d write the third and fourth ties off and possibly the second tie too which surely gives us a chance.

1 Like

Firstly great result today. Sad about Earings injury. If we can get past the first 30 mins, play hard amd ugly and upset Leicsters rhythm then anything could happen

3 Likes

Fookin coontin el :smiley:
Apologies, I’ve been on the sauce all day after playing golf. and am like a dog with two dicks tonight.
There was a big cheer in our bar when the draw came out, which was nice.

6 Likes