Is it time for a managerial change at Walsall

But I am not a cynic. Until proved otherwise I like to think the best of people. Sometimes I am wrong. Maybe I am in this case but we will all have to wait and see.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/playmaker_EN/status/1646529918774415360?t=EyRDJlLEmIoVB0vQaJkCSA&s=19

We appear to have been good at something this season

1 Like

@mtt exactly.

I’ve mentioned this a million times.

The lines of “We are doing things differently. We have a Walsall way”

HEY STEFF GAMBLE & DAN MOLE - There was a Dean Smith way. You had nothing to do with it. If only those YouTube interviews that the decent social Media guy used to do were still available they’d be an embarrassing watch.

Zero football structure.
Zero football future.

4 Likes

That’s put the kaibosh on Saturday’s game then.
Actually, I’m amazed - we’ve been ensconced in 13th/14th for about ten games, in spite of the run of poor form, and are the only bottom half team with a positive GD - just.

And the chief beneficiary thus far has been the leech.

How do you actually come to believe some of the demonstrable rubbish you post?

Its patently obvious the Trivela deal was coming down the line from minute one of Pomlett’s takeover

Correct!!! And the identity of the new owner was known all along - there was no risk to anything to do with Pomlett, or his money.

I’m sure Jeff and Trivela would concur.

“Reasonably confident” :rofl: :joy: Not 100 percent, 90 percent, or even very.

You’re not stupid Belphie, you are just choosing an optimistic bent on a deal that deep down you know as well as I do has Bonser’s mits all over it.

I’m not optimistic or pessimistic, but I do know a stitch up when I see one. My main source of optimism is that there is a beneficial outcome for Walsall FC in whatever plans Trivela have for the Bescot site, and in the meantime they deliver some investment and decent decision making into the football side to generate footballing success, as indeed Bonser did when he was laying the foundations for feathering his own nest, because there was a time when the progression of Walsall FC and the progression of JB’s pension fund were aligned rather than oppositional.

1 Like

I’m pleased I don’t inhabit your world.

9 Likes

Super like.

:star2:

1 Like

That is really fair.

But I think there is a half way here. I reckon the WPMs were closed down based upon a trust vs transparency problem. I actually think Leigh wouldn’t mind sitting down and having a really open conversation with some fans if he thought that the content of those meetings would stay within the four walls. However, fans groups, quite rightly want to give transparency to all fans via a set of agreed minutes. This ends up with “minutegate” episodes which you know the club hated and to my mind led to the ending of those meetings. Which feels bad because it feels like we lost voices and the club looks even more like a closed shop.

I think we should vote for our liaison officer. But in turn that liaison officer would need to be bound by some confidentiality agreements because for it to work they would need to be involved in privileged conversations that couldn’t make it out into the public domain. But we as fans would need to trust that our liaison officer was acting as a genuine voice of fans within those conversations without demanding blow by blow accounts of who says what and sensitive details.

So on things like the price rises on food and drink, the SLO would request pro active comms rather than it being a surprise but would, as SLO and board member be a signatory to those rises. The pro active comms might even be made in their name of the SLO. But we’d need to trust that the board representative we voted for made strong cases on our behalf. If their delivery and track record wasn’t great then we would get the opportunity (every couple of years?) to re-elect or otherwise our voice on the board.

Unfortunately, the current arrangement doesn’t work. I don’t think the board get the benefit of genuine fan insight and I don’t think our voices are represented adequately in their depth and breadth. I haven’t seen anything where I feel the voice of the town and community were present when discussing ticket and refreshment prices. If the SLO is silent on stuff like that then the role either has no point other than act as buffer rather than conduit or the incumbant isn’t fulfilling the “liaison” brief.

1 Like

Pleased for you too :heart_eyes: super pleased in fact :joy: , lets see where it goes, as I say there’s room and grounds for optimism for the football side even in the scenario of Trivela’s main interest being in the value of the land.

It will be interesting to see if I get any sort of reply from the club/SLO with the letter that I sent. It’s nearly been two weeks… I wasn’t expecting anything by now - but would be disappointed if we got to say… 4 weeks, and I didn’t get any response to the questions asked.

2 Likes

The club can’t be transparent, because anyone with half a brain can see they are constantly hiding things.

Continuously trying to fool us that everyone in the Football world is wrong and they are right.

We now have die hard fans skipping Crewe away , it’s a sad state.

5 Likes

No chance mate, throw a ticket for fiver offer in and hope you go away.

That’s why I called the offer desperate, that’s how they do things.

1 Like

Fans: do something new and different!

Club: have the last game for a fiver?

Fans: no.

4 Likes

Nobody wants to go ffs lol… it’s not ground breaking is it :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

The current arrangement works fine if the intention is for it to,

Which is of course is exactly what it is.

Because they wern’t, they simply crunched the numbers in order to extract maximum squeeze out of the existing attendances. The words town and community are just spiel that get rolled out when they are telling people what they want to hear in forums and pressers. Its the same old, tired and familiar method in practice.

Spot on, same old Walsall FC playbook, courtesy of the mentoring process.

4 Likes

Absolutely no chance would their be a ticket offer if we was doing well… no chance

They are doing it in hope they can shift a few bottles of Pepsi at £3.50 a go, or £5.50 pints.

It’s taking this piss out of season ticket holders in all fairness.

2 Likes

YEP :+1: :+1:

Or the frozen pies and sausage rolls with a sell by date likely to expire before the new season.

3 Likes

It is laughable to think the reason the club do not want any fan involvement on the board is down to some being too ‘vocal’. The last decade has proven that our board are not very good at their jobs.

Yes they have brought in Trivela, but only time will tell whether this is to be successful.

Also… if people had not been ‘vocal’ about the pension fund, rent, Bonser, general failings over years - there would be no takeover.

As I said when the takeover happened… it’s quite amusing watching the re-writing of history about how the club (Gamble and Mole) specifically saying how important it was to reunite the club and the freehold.

I have been in focus group meetings for 15 years or so, where the idea that Bonser was a negative force was laughed/scoffed at, the idea that we should reunite the club and freehold was winced or laughed at, or at the very least defended by the club.

I find it all very amusing. Without those dissenting voices, we would still be Pension Fund FC.

6 Likes