Accrington Stanley (A) 13th April, 3pm

Correct Worsul, in any walk of life, in any job, in any way, if you are verbally attacked there are a few, a very few, who will/can just shrug it off and continue to give there best (EN being one of the few) but the vast majority will as you say, naturally display human nature and say up yours.

1 Like

Both conveniently ignoring that both a player and the manager have come out this week and agreed with the upset fans.

And that their reputation is on the line regardless of what they think of the fans.

I’ve seen people in loads of jobs get abuse. Coppers, bar managers, retail staff, bus drivers All far less deserving than what was seen on Saturday. Doesn’t mean you just down tools just cos. And footballers have far more incentive to give their all than any of those people.

You don’t like young drunk people :man_shrugging: nothing to do with whether they are right. Which they were.

Good grief EN, i have not got a clue what you are going on about and you do realise that i was not in any way aiming any criticism at you and it was actually a complement.
Calm down young man and realise not everyone wants to fight you :heart:

5 Likes

to be fair the last line of that wasn’t aimed at you.

That’s irrelevant, he wants to fight everyone! :rofl:

If we’re going down this route then in any walk of life, in any job, this lot would have been sacked long ago for not performing to the expected standards.

Unless of course they worked in the public sector where no one ever gets sacked :wink:

…without a huge pay-off and enhanced pension.

I think the point here is whether or not the abuse is deserved. If you drop an absolute clanger at work that directly affects your customer you will most likely cop a load of grief. It’s your job to take it on the chin, sort out the problem and move on.

On the flip side if you are getting unwarranted grief of customers than you can quite rightly feel put upon and most likely start looking for a new job. In resent instances I think a lot of the abuse aimed at players has generally been deserved but I guess there is a line about how far you should go.

1 Like

The thing is,if you make a mistake at work,you don’t get all the customers lining up and singing…“You’re not fit to wipe my arse” do you? :grinning:

1 Like

Glad that most on here think it all went just ‘too far’ that day.

1 Like

It did happen once. But that was a very sub-standard batch by Andrex’s standards.

1 Like

You surely mean IZAL, that was spreader not shifter toilet paper :roll_of_toilet_paper:

I worked at a blokes house last week who worked at the factory that made that, he was very apologetic :joy:

Where you getting that? Spose you were against them singing your not fit to wear the shirt Monday as well?

1 Like

Just saying the anger went too far, being so close to the changing rooms at Accrington, if you were there you will also note that the chanting went on long after the match within hearing distance of the said changing rooms. And went a little bit further than 'your not fit to wear the shirt!).

Good.

3 Likes