Adam chambers out for another 10 weeks>>>>

Broke his foot in the first match against Plymouth. He has had an operation to have a plate put in and it will be November before he is back!!! I wonder how many more games he will play for us?

Hope he manages to regain fitness and contribute to our promotion push in 2019.

Shame the injury wasn’t diagnosed and treated faster.

Career done. If he’s fit in 10 weeks it will take 5 weeks for him to be up to speed at his age just to sit on our bench

Should never have been given a two-year contract at 36. We do waste so much money. I looked at the number of coaches, performance staff and academy coaches named in the match day programme: do we really need that many non-playing staff?

Been a brilliant servant for the club. I won’t go as far as to say modern day legend (although he would’ve come close if the 15/16 had gone close) but who’d have thought a guy signing at nearly 31 would make 300 appearences for the club.

Last six months he has started to struggle a bit. Can still read the game well when defending but quality of passing has declined so even without the injury I’m not sure he’d be in the team now.

Still when he’s back a good option to bring off the bench with ten minutes left in games the team are winning 1-0/2-1 so still a good option.

I disagree with you…I don’t think Chambers is a waste of money. He has done really well for us over the years and may still play a number of key games. We have been unlucky with bad injuries recently…Edwards,Roberts and now Chambers.

2 Likes

I think you underestimate how important it is to have older pros around for younger players, especially one as professional, dedicated, and level headed as Chambers.

Bet he would have been diagnosed earlier under Whitney :laughing:

2 Likes

He’ll contribute off the field, and will be a great example to the youngsters. While not ideal, he’ll play a part off the bench when fit - will be ideal to bring on if were clinging on to a lead.

In a way, it could be a good thing, as we will now have to find his replacement rather than relying on him for another year.

1 Like

Don’t know until we see the befits or lack of.