And so it ends!

Agreed surely they get bored quickly don’t they?Kids want variety and a range of activities to do not sit in the bescot every Saturday afternoon.Now in the 80’s when i started going there were 4 channels on the TV and the saddlers to watch it simply isn’t like that anymore,there’s so much more to do than that now.

1 Like

I designed a DJ course for school kids, and we had to reverse engineer the learning in the end - i.e. get their hands on the equipment as soon as possible and only then hit with them a bit of theory - to keep them engaged. Otherwise, we would lose them pretty quickly. To be quite frank, based on kids’ attention spans, the offer is actually totally daft. It would appeal to a parent-child demographic only.

People have a pop at me on here sometimes because it does appear I am being harsh. But at the end of the day, it should be their jobs to understand all of this and all the different customer types. What do these people actually do for their very generous wages?

2 Likes

Every minute of that dross! You’ve probably done yourself more brain damage than by watching 24/7 kardashians for an entire year.

Well we’ve got a top10 budget ( from the horses mouth literally) so it shouldn’t be that hard for major improvements cause we can’t do much worse.

My 8 year old has not once wanted to watch a game all season , I persuaded him once and he watched a half , he loved going to the games , wanted to go in the upper tile or purple what ever it’s called and bang on the metal sheets at the back with everyone looking at him like keep the noise down ,he loved it had a bit of passion , but now he doesn’t want to know , most of hos m8s are dingles or vile ,I tell him every day that they are fake and your supporting you r home club unlike them , but how far can you go on , I’m giving up myself after 30 odd years of watching Walsall . It’s shameful and a disgrace .We need to see action now ,next few days , not next few weeks .

9 Likes

Noise and bescot I don’t believe it

2 Likes

Spot on Swiftly…the club is currently being run into the ground.
Very short sighted and very sad.

Being cynical, it almost seems like the offer was setup to lure teenagers in with the concept of a ‘free’ season ticket but then still pocket some money as they know a good chunk won’t attend all games.

Maybe there’s some rule against giving out free tickets or tax reasons, but it just seems likely a really strange way to water down and complicate what on the face of it is a good idea.

Also just came across this from last year:

Have we ever had 5,000 season ticket holders? Not for a long time if so. We get less than 5,000 through the gate including away fans most seasons.

I really hope there is a plan for how to achieve this (I won’t hold my breath), because just saying “we are aiming for 5,000” is akin to me claiming “I aim to be a millionaire”. Just saying it won’t make it happen!

1 Like

Never watched a single minute of the kardashians but perhaps being stuck in an interminable staff meeting and every time that you think it’s ending some idiot asks a question, that probably did a lot of damage. Plus the time a kid hit me over the head with a heavy sports bag.

Always hated the arselickers who asked questions myself

1 Like

Same issue with my kids mate just couldn’t get them interested in watching the games on telly. But if I’m honest I’ve struggled to watch football on telly with no fans in the stadiums including Premier league,champions league,.

It’s just not the same with no fans.

9 Likes

You were predicting 2-4 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Personally I don’t think we are far off being a top 7 side. Just need a half decent striker.

I notice the Dutton apologists have either tailored off, or reduced their opinion on him.

Good. He’s rubbish.

2 Likes

I’m still prepared to give him 10 games next season Thanny. It’s the players who are at fault, not BD

1 Like

And Starmer

Can only judge him on what he’s done so far and his record suggests that we’d probably be bottom of the league. What then? Who do we turn to when we’re bottom with Brian’s signings?

He likes to be responsible for the good signings, so he’s just as responsible for the rubbish we have too.

9 Likes

Yeah, but that previous 18 months that he’s been around for is in a parallel universe and we can’t judge him on that.

Honestly believe some would give him 10 games if he’d had took us down :see_no_evil:

4 Likes

Still here, same as Andy I’d no issues giving him a run of games with a transfer window behind him.

The thing is we get another Head Coach in give it 10 games before the same people are calling for his head.

Apparently Clarke was a ■■■■ manager seems to be doing OK at vale.

Exactly right. It is far too risky to continue with Dutton based on what we have seen. I just see us being in a situation like Southend and Grismby have been in this season, needing snookers and not being able to get out of the black hole.

Although the club have been quiet I really hope the decision was made some time back and work has been going on in the background since Fullarton arrived. Identifying targets for his chosen style of play and someone to manage/coach them. If we sleepwalk into next season I fear the worst.

4 Likes